PDA

View Full Version : Help my car wont boost due to strugling

euro_racer
07-22-2007, 04:26 PM
hey everyone, i just installed my brand new turbo yesterday into my 2.0 gti. it all went good and the car drove mint yesterday the whole day, but this morning i had punched it a lil in 3rd gear and shifted in 4th i felt loss of pwer. so i stop and just try driving normally, the car dosnt want to boost past 8 psi even tho its setup for 16, and it starts struggling after 3000 rpm, and right after touching the throttle the car would stall. also if i try punching the gas pedal you cant really hear the blow off valve like you used to before. the setup im running is a t3/t4 57 trim turbo, open dump wastegate, greddy type s blow off valve, 440 cc injectors, 3 inch maf, c2 motorsports stage 2 chip, and a front mount.
so right away i thought boost leak, i checked everything possible all my couplers, vaccum lines but didnt manage to find any holes. i then changed my MAF sensor and its still the same problem.

would anyone know what my poblem is?

thanks

4CylFiero
07-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Could you disconnect your battery so your computer resets? Might not apply to such a new car?

Maybe a boost tube / coupling ? would explain lack of boost and no blow off

Maybe use soap on the lines to test for leaks

euro_racer
07-22-2007, 08:51 PM
so i tried re tightening my clamps, disconnected battery, and tried out a few things.

conclusion: when the car idles and you rev t in nutral theres no blow off sound what so ever even tho before it had some sound, and also when you rev it the boost goes to 2 psi which it shouldnt.

barmanjay
07-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Sounds like 1 of 2 things

1: charge pipe leak,.. but you've looked already

2: I would check your timing,.. maybe the belt skipped? or ign timing just fubar'd itself waaay off, or a sensor that controls the ign timing is fubar'd

Darkane
07-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Vacuum leaks?

barmanjay
07-22-2007, 10:20 PM
ooooh right!

vac leaks !

check for those!!!

my car did that once,.. and it turned out to be a small vac leak right off the manifold

euro_racer
07-22-2007, 10:32 PM
damn i guess ill try again and search better haha

Annoyingrob
07-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Pressure test your intake system. Just because something looks tight doesn't mean it is.