PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ISP, Phone, and maybe Cable, who is the best/cheapest

cidley69
07-23-2007, 10:04 AM
I am moving to new house, and shopping for internet, phone and maybe cable. What service providers are out there for these?

I am on Telus now, and pay about $90/month for internet and phone. It seems kinda expensive, and the net is slowish.

Has anyone had good luck/deals with other providers?

How aboutPrimus, the offer net/phone with unlimited long distance for $69/month. Anyone tried this service or have any opinions?

The companies I've looked into are Rogers, Shaw and Telus. Am I missing any?

Much thanks for any suggestions!

sputnik
07-23-2007, 10:15 AM
I pay $120/month for Shaw digital cable, Xtreme internet (10 mbps) and Shaw digital phone lite (4c/min to north america).

Euro838
07-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Well, until Telus TV becomes more widespread, your best bet is probably shaw for all 3 as the telus bundles are pricey and you still may have to go with another provider for TV.

94teg
07-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Telus sucks, do not go with Telus, Shaw is much better in many ways... customer service, what you pay for, etc.

GenerationX
07-23-2007, 12:17 PM
currently, i have like everything telus and its 90$ or so.
gay, i hate the internet LOL
max dl speed is like 150 kb/ps. horrible. and then telus tv is pretty decent imo

cidley69
07-23-2007, 12:58 PM
yeah, i have telus now and am not very satisfied. Just trying to decide who to switch to.

I have satelite for the tv, so really only need internet and phone. i was considering a internet/voip option. Does anyone have experience with this, or can recommend the best company for this?

silvercivicsir
07-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Cia is the cheapest for internet,/voip, I think it's like 40 bucks a month for both, but they have crappy service..

cidley69
07-24-2007, 08:57 PM
well crappy service would kinda make it not a good deal.

Anyone know of one that doesn't have crappy service?

Kaz
07-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Your only option is shaw.

Telus TV - Internet - Phone share bandwith , shaw does not.
Shaw phone has its own bandwith so does TV and Internet.
Most shaw service calls are free of charge unless you have special request. Telus will blame you for there own mistakes.

asifka
07-29-2007, 01:42 AM
i pay 60 bucks for high speed internet and cable with shaw. no complains ever.

eblend
07-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by cidley69
well crappy service would kinda make it not a good deal.

Anyone know of one that doesn't have crappy service?
I got CIA and have no complaints at all. I think when he said crappy service, its techinical service, not service of the internet/voip. If you have techincal issues then yah, calling them sucks balls, but I am techincal (don't really need to be, once its plugged in, it just works) and I have no problems at all. Been with them a year now and have no complaints at all, there was only an internet service outage once (was out for shaw as well at that time, they share the backbone) and other then that its great. Very fast, I get 7mb connection for 40 bucks plus phone, so who can complain really?

CIA = Shaw without the dedicated technical support team

eblend
07-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Kaz
Your only option is shaw.

Telus TV - Internet - Phone share bandwith , shaw does not.

This is not very true, they are on different frequencies in the cable, so Telus TV is not tv over the internet like it appears you may be saying, so is the Phone, its on its own frequency, so the only thing going through the internet with telus is the internet itself. Just like Shaw, one cable carries it all, it just uses different frequencies to execute different functions.

Needless to say Telus SUX bad and I was in no way defending them haha

Kaz
07-29-2007, 01:34 PM
You are sharing all telus services (but then I was wrong before- not).