PDA

View Full Version : Any UofS Students?! Help!

kongaj
07-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Lets just say living in Calgary, and working full time while trying to find a place in Saskatoon to live in September is not easy!
Ive been trying for awhile, even took a trip out last weekend to look and found nothing. It was either taken or a complete dump.

Im just wondering if anyone knows of any insider information that can help me. Like if you know of someone giving up their place... stuff like that.
Any help is great. I am stressing out over this.
Preferably Eastside of the River or Downtown. Apartment, house, basement suite, condo, duplex... whatever so long as its nice enough. Two bedroom would be key, but 1 bedroom or 3 bedroom would be just as good.
Thanks for any help, its MUCH appreciated.

mo_money2supe
07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Is having a kitchen a must? Would you consider something similar to room and board? I was staying in a huge basement on the east side about 5-10 mins drive away from the University that was like that. You'll be eating supper with the landlord (older lady) for half the week and cooking for yourself with a skillet in the basement for the other half. Let me know if you're interested; I can hook you up! :thumbsup:

kongaj
07-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Thats probably more money a month. Doesnt sound to apealing. Sorry.
Know of anything else?

mo_money2supe
07-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Compared to Calgary, it's peanuts for rent.

The cost breakdown is as such:
Rent: $450/month (all utilities incl, internet/phone/cable incl.)
Food: $5/meal (it's only for dinner, so if you decide not to eat dinner with the landlord/lady, then you save yourself that)

Trust me, as a student, spending $5/meal to have it cooked and prepped for you is incredibly cheap! Look at it this way, on res, food costs ~$4-500/month for a meal plan. At the place I was staying at, it'll cost you max of $155/month on dinner. The rest, well, as long as you're not eating escargots for breakfast every morning, it's really not that bad.

kongaj
07-24-2007, 12:07 AM
yea im going to need a kitchen
Thanks though!