PDA

View Full Version : FS: Complete high quality car stereo Alpine/Phoenix Gold/Hifonics/elemental Designs

b_t
07-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Selling a complete high end car stereo. I bought it for the car I am now selling and the buyer doesn't want the stereo included. It is a very nice stereo that has an emphasis on sound quality, but the sub gets EXTREMELY loud when you need it to. The speakers are brand new in box.

Deck - Alpine CDA-79xx with KCA-420i iPod adapter
Alpine doesn't make a deck this nice anymore. This is from when their higher end decks were silver and blue (and the normal ones were silver and green/amber). Has everything - built in three way crossover (crossover fronts/rear/sub out separately), time compensation (compensates for the speed of sound - you dial it in and it makes a huuuge difference for staging), parametric EQ (not just bass/mid/treble - you have Q and everything), plays MP3s, and it hooks directly up to your iPod. You can then control the iPod through the head unit and while it doesn't seek very quickly, with some good use of playlists it works very well. Includes full harness, Ai-Net cable and so on.

$400

Component Speakers - Phoenix Gold Radial SD 6.0 brand new in box
Never used these. The front speakers are responsible for 90% of the sound you hear so that is why you only run components up front. They are comparable to the old Octane ZR components which were probably the best deal going in car audio components for the time you could buy them.

$190

Sub & Amp & Box - Hifonics Brutus 1000BXD 1,000 watt class D amp, elemental Designs 12K.44, custom ported box
I'm tired of trying to explain how good this sub setup is. It is quite amazing.

$400

This is basically a car audio enthusiast's stereo. I will not be lowballed by people who do not understand the quality of components in this system.

Complete stereo - $850