PDA

View Full Version : Volumetrics

Kritafo
07-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Anyone on here doing the volumetrics diet?

Darkane
07-24-2007, 02:59 PM
I've heard of this one, cuts out calorie rich foods. They don't mention that olive oil, fish oils, and flax oil is about the best damn stuff you can eat.

Try something along the lines of the G-Flux diet. It's not a diet but a lifestyle. John Berardi (Canadian) came up with it.

Testing showed an average person who ate more but INCREASED overall metabolic activty (Excersize, Work Whatever) decreased in fat percentage. It's claimed that the body will naturally be in a leaner state with added food and work to compromise for the workload.

In theory it makes perfect sense to me, but a lot of people just arent motivated enough to increase the level of activty they do now.

With this Diet format you could literally eat 5000kcals a day (Clean food, cannot be shit) and increase workload and be extremely fit and STAY like that training your body. Your Thyroid will always be high and will naturally turn your body into a fatburning machine.

I'm considering this diet for myself, but with my upcoming schedual of work its going to be nearly impossible.

Another benifit of this diet is gym lifting performance will actually increase as well because of the food intake. You can't lose.

EDIT: http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/g-flux.htm

Kritafo
07-25-2007, 06:36 AM
I just read about Gflux...not for me. But thanks I have never heard of it.

although I did read that Volumetrics is the most successful diet out there. Number 2 is Weight Watchers Number 3 is Jenny Craig.

Changing eating habits and workout habits is a lifestyle.

Doesn't matter what the diet is.

calgarygts
07-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Darkane
I've heard of this one, cuts out calorie rich foods. They don't mention that olive oil, fish oils, and flax oil is about the best damn stuff you can eat.

Try something along the lines of the G-Flux diet. It's not a diet but a lifestyle. John Berardi (Canadian) came up with it.

Testing showed an average person who ate more but INCREASED overall metabolic activty (Excersize, Work Whatever) decreased in fat percentage. It's claimed that the body will naturally be in a leaner state with added food and work to compromise for the workload.

In theory it makes perfect sense to me, but a lot of people just arent motivated enough to increase the level of activty they do now.

With this Diet format you could literally eat 5000kcals a day (Clean food, cannot be shit) and increase workload and be extremely fit and STAY like that training your body. Your Thyroid will always be high and will naturally turn your body into a fatburning machine.

I'm considering this diet for myself, but with my upcoming schedual of work its going to be nearly impossible.

Another benifit of this diet is gym lifting performance will actually increase as well because of the food intake. You can't lose.

EDIT: http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/g-flux.htm

I don't know if the diet is any good or not, but the bobsledder he has a profile on does workout like a maniac like the rest of the US team, and is able to because he's a roid monkey. He was busted and banned for steroids once already.
Just thought it was kinda funny he decided to use him. We'd all be ripped and strong if we juiced up.

KRyn
07-26-2007, 08:48 AM
We'd all be ripped and strong if we juiced up.

No I don't think we would actually. The vast majority of people that use steroids don't understand what exactly it's they are doing. You think you just take a pill or inject your self and gain 20lbs of lean muscle mass? :guns:

calgarygts
07-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by KRyn

No I don't think we would actually. The vast majority of people that use steroids don't understand what exactly it's they are doing. You think you just take a pill or inject your self and gain 20lbs of lean muscle mass? :guns:

No I don't think that, and maybe I should have worded it better.
If we all juiced up we'd also be able to do insane volumes of training the way pavle does, leading to the results he's gotten. I've had friends fail miserably with the same training program he's on because they're clean and can't recover fast enough.

Why so defensive about it?
:)

FatalError
07-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Kritafo
although I did read that Volumetrics is the most successful diet out there. Number 2 is Weight Watchers Number 3 is Jenny Craig.

By all means, keep reading. Additionally, :rolleyes: