PDA

View Full Version : info on JDM Source

shaunv
07-24-2007, 07:01 PM
im looking to buy a EJ25D (Subaru Impreza) from jdm source and was curious if anyone has dealt with them previously? Also what condition the engine are in/ that you recieved?

thanks shaun

ca18det240sx
07-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Jdmsource FTMFW

shoab is good to deal with, good on warranty. Get it.

(=

Deetz
07-24-2007, 07:07 PM
I can vouch for JDM Source being a stand up company to deal with. Here's a shot of my Celica, it runs great, and looks good too.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/deetzcrx/July07018Large.jpg

rage2
07-24-2007, 07:08 PM
JDM Source has always treated me well :thumbsup:. Looks like I'm going to be buying another car from him very shortly :D.

shaunv
07-24-2007, 07:24 PM
well they only offer a 30 day warranety on the engines, and for the cars you can start them up and all BUT a engine alone you cannot till it is been mostly swapped

im more asking should i be worried on this, and what kms could i be looking at

ca18det240sx
07-24-2007, 07:27 PM
If anything goes wrong shoab will hook you up. He compression tests the motors anyways. Just make sure it has/had clean oil in it and you should be good to go.

shaunv
07-24-2007, 07:30 PM
yea that i understand buts its more the labour costs for the swap, 800 bucks

IF there is any problems will they spot that cost or am i up sh*t creek

ca18det240sx
07-24-2007, 07:34 PM
That youll have to talk to him about, i have never had one of his engines not run....and i do alot of installs for ppl....prolly installed 5 or 6 of his engines.

shaunv
07-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by ca18det240sx
That youll have to talk to him about, i have never had one of his engines not run....and i do alot of installs for ppl....prolly installed 5 or 6 of his engines.

well i must say that is very promising, just aslong as that the way it stays lol

ca18det240sx
07-24-2007, 07:47 PM
good luck with it man. Shoab is a good guy to deal with.

dj_rice
07-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by rage2
JDM Source has always treated me well :thumbsup:. Looks like I'm going to be buying another car from him very shortly :D.

:eek: :eek:

Ummmmm didnt you already spoil yourself with your M3 Cab?

shaunv
07-24-2007, 08:18 PM
rice stick to pm for that

rage2
07-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by shaunv
yea that i understand buts its more the labour costs for the swap, 800 bucks

IF there is any problems will they spot that cost or am i up sh*t creek
You'll get another engine if there's problems, and not be reimbursed for install. Same as any other shop. A LOT of beyonders buy motors from jdmsource so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Originally posted by dj_rice
:eek: :eek:

Ummmmm didnt you already spoil yourself with your M3 Cab?
Ya, but he sent me pics of a car that has a LOT of sentimental value to me... it's kinda my first car which has LOTS of sweet memories and stories, and I dunno if I can pass up an opportunity to own such a sweet ride. It'd give me an excuse not to drive the M3 in the winter haha.

dj_rice
07-24-2007, 08:56 PM

Ya, but he sent me pics of a car that has a LOT of sentimental value to me... it's kinda my first car which has LOTS of sweet memories and stories, and I dunno if I can pass up an opportunity to own such a sweet ride. It'd give me an excuse not to drive the M3 in the winter haha.

Makes me wonder what car was your first...hmmmm perhaps is it this?

http://world.honda.com/CIVIC/birthofthecivic/images/top/top.jpg

rage2
07-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Makes me wonder what car was your first...hmmmm perhaps is it this?

http://world.honda.com/CIVIC/birthofthecivic/images/top/top.jpg
haha nope... but if you search hard enough, you will find the answer :D.

shaunv
07-24-2007, 09:08 PM
k people WTF STICK TO THE THREAD FFS

rage2
07-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Oh sorry, my bad!

jdmakkord
07-24-2007, 09:40 PM

Oh sorry, my bad!

Haha Rage you got told!!!

:rofl:

DC2
07-24-2007, 10:20 PM
^^ i actually lol'd

thats pretty funny...

QuasarCav
07-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Austin Mini - My dad's car, 4 speed manual, top speed of 120km/h. I learned to drive stick in this beast when I was 12 (hehe).

Acura Integra LS - My first real car, too bad it was a written off car and I wrote it off again (if that's even possible)... I used to be your typical Asian driver. 2 accidents a year? =)

Mazda 323 hatchback - The bubble hatch, I loved this car, many many stories, company delivery car. A few accidents in this car, both were not my fault (drunk ran red light, UPS delivery guy changed lanes into my rear fender, some trucker rear ended me). Retired when I broke the tranny, lost 1st and 2nd gear. 3rd gear starts are tough...

Merkur XR4Ti - 2.3L turbo, lots of mods available, but couldn't afford to do it. MrX owns this beast now.

DC2
07-24-2007, 10:29 PM
:hijack:

Since we are talking about the boss's cars, sorry shuanv

I choose the SLK because we already had one in the family, and everyone fought for the car. We needed another one to bring the family together =).

The Porsche, my dad initially bought it. After I started driving it, I sunk my entire student loan on the car. Since then, it's a big loss if I tried to sell it, so it's gonna stay with me forever.

Other cars I've owned over the years :

Austin Mini - My dad's car, 4 speed manual, top speed of 120km/h. I learned to drive stick in this beast when I was 12 (hehe).

Acura Integra LS - My first real car, too bad it was a written off car and I wrote it off again (if that's even possible)... I used to be your typical Asian driver. 2 accidents a year? =)

Mazda 323 hatchback - The bubble hatch, I loved this car, many many stories, company delivery car. A few accidents in this car, both were not my fault (drunk ran red light, UPS delivery guy changed lanes into my rear fender, some trucker rear ended me). Retired when I broke the tranny, lost 1st and 2nd gear. 3rd gear starts are tough...

Merkur XR4Ti - 2.3L turbo, lots of mods available, but couldn't afford to do it. MrX owns this beast now.

EDIT: damn, posted 4 mins late, i was googling pics for the merkur, i guess im too young to know about that car...

rage2
07-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Well I guess you guys know which one of my cars has all the stories :rofl:.

Team_Mclaren
07-24-2007, 10:35 PM
u guys guessed all wrong, mazda ftw

**cough** GTiR killer **cough**

Accord_tunerx
07-24-2007, 10:39 PM
are you serious 323? turbo?!?!?!??!:eek: i want!

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Shoaib swapped my B16 in on June 04, and it still runs strong... +1 for JDMSource

_wrx_
07-25-2007, 12:35 AM
bought a bunch of stuff off him, good products and also good prices!

eur0
07-25-2007, 12:44 AM
I have purchased 2 motors from JDM, I would purchase again.

zain123
07-25-2007, 12:47 AM
been goin to him with 5 of my last cars and bought engines and shit load of parts off of him lol and now i actually bought a car from him too
before from interior to exterior to engine parts.. that place got 90% of my business if not 100% .. and the other 10% is referred from him

their engines have always been good to me and everyone that i know who has dealt with him in the past
just do the normal timing belt and water pump change because you dont know how long it sat for in japan
and change all the fluids.. that way you know when to change it next

goodluck and i can guarantee you will be more than happy with your business with jdmsource :thumbsup:

and as previously mentioned
jdmsource FTMFW lol

shakalaka
07-25-2007, 12:52 AM

Oh sorry, my bad!

hahahah I literally lol`ed at this one.:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
07-25-2007, 01:03 AM
How does it work when you buy a car from them? If its something they dont already have do you just tell them what you want... put a deposit down and they source it out? How long does the process take.. ?

zain123
07-25-2007, 01:16 AM
well i was unsure about what i wanted and was contemplating for the longest time between 2 cars
told him if he gets any in let me know
he showed me pics of what he was getting in and when they arrived i took a look at em
told him i was interested and bought it a week later
just give hima call and let him know what you want
and depending on what he has there and what he might be getting in .. prolie will give u a time frame?
best thing is to give him a call
and back to the point before this guy freaks out again lol

jeddeh
08-28-2007, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
u guys guessed all wrong, mazda ftw

**cough** GTiR killer **cough**

maybe an acura killer, not a GTiR Killer. ;)

Team_Mclaren
08-28-2007, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by jeddeh

maybe an acura killer, not a GTiR Killer. ;)

speaking like a true fanboy, good for you

HondaRice
08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
jdmsource actually cares about their customers, they actually go and hand pick their items and only bring back quality engines and cars.

in my honest opinion, having dealt with jdm companies in north america, JDm source tops the list for honesty, quality and fairness. and thankfully they are located in calgary.

derek_k
10-06-2007, 02:19 PM
I WOULD NEVER GO TO JDM SOURCE AGAIN
he treats his customers like shi* as soon as you find something wrong with his products
heres my story
in February i wanted to put a rb25det into my nissan laurel
i purchased the engine off of him and everything else i needed
he found me a guy to swap it in did that, and the car didnt work
tested it and tested it
finally got it kinda running, then it broke down again after about 2 days
called him he said he cant do anything for me but if i need any parts he will hook me up(yeah right)
so i brought my car to autodream, they tampered with it, got it running for 3 days then broke down again,
then i went back to autodream again, go them to fix it once again, they changed my cam, and it worked, good this time, for all of 1 1/2 days, then it started screwing up again, then on the 3rd day, it was pretty much at the state of it being undrivable.
brought it back to autodream for the 3rd time, and they did nothing for me, told me i needed a new head or pretty much there is no hope.
so i brought it to this other mechanic to try and get it repaired. and my whole sensor plate was bent, he repaired that, and it kind of ran again
during the time of me going to autodream for the last time, and going to the new guy i was forced to buy another car due to the reason this one wouldnt work and i needed a car to get around and work,
now this is up to the current date, i have been seeing this new mechanic this is actually helping me out and really looking into my car, and he says that switching my head could repair it, but the risks of it not working are way to high, so he then recommended me getting a whole new engine.
so today i went to jdm source to talk to shohab and once we actaully started getting into the conversation he said that he would give me a head for free, or else i can purchase another engine for cost. what is the use of me purchaseing another engine for cost? when i've already got one from him. once i mentioned i wanted a whole new engine he got very defensive and said he didnt really wanna do anything anymore to help me, just cause its taken so long since i've gotten it
what im wondering is why he thinks he can just void his warrenty just because its been over a month in time, but really i've only been able to drive this car like 10-15 times, and most of the time it is driving it to a shop to get repaired or else im towing it
so not only with me haveing to buy the engine, the swap, then trying to even repair the engine paying autodream and everyone else, and all the money i've put in myself trying to fix it, its tallied way over $6000 just to try and get a engine running even.
once our conversation was ending when i was speaking to him he simply told me to get the fuck out of his store and that was it.

from this feedback i would really recommend everyone thinking twice about jdm source, its not as good as you all think

slowep3
10-06-2007, 02:28 PM
maybe ur just a nob plus u got a used engine its not gonna be perfect and ive never herd anythin bad from there business

buying a used engine is like reusing a condom u neve rknow what ur getting use at own risk haha

Jason04S1
10-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by slowep3
maybe ur just a nob plus u got a used engine its not gonna be perfect and ive never herd anythin bad from there business

buying a used engine is like reusing a condom u neve rknow what ur getting use at own risk haha

x2

But if thats the case then companies should not be selling a used engine stating its in fully running condition and needs nothing.

Not saying that JDM source did that... just generally speaking. As well if the engine was warrantied why did you not just go back to JDMSource to get all the necessary work done?

derek_k
10-06-2007, 03:02 PM
sorry but jdm source doesnt work on nissans
so i got screwed over with that,
if you dont work on the engine, you dont sell it
and if your not willing to replace things that dont work
dont sell any of it
its a used engine
what do you think im gonna get a BRAND NEW rb25
i wish
everyone does
they are all used
all your honda engines
everything
you cant say i f*cked up by buying a used engine?
nothing is ever new these days, you go buy a new car from a dealership, its been bagged harder than you will ever bag it.
the main thing of my story is that he did not man up to his words of warrenty.
and now that the time has come that i finally figured out whats wrong with it, and that i need a whole new engine
he will not supply it

gpomp
10-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by derek_k
what im wondering is why he thinks he can just void his warrenty just because its been over a month in time
maybe it's
because
he has a
30 day
warranty.

AllGoNoShow
10-06-2007, 03:23 PM
^^^ lol, would make perfect sense hey??

2000impreza
10-07-2007, 08:55 AM
A lot of used engine shops won't even offer you a free head or sell another engine to you at cost beyond their warranty period.

My dealings with JDMSource has been fairly positive. I purchased a used SR20 starter from Shoaib and was given the wrong one. I took it back a week later and he gave me a refund no questions. From my experience a lot of shops won't even go the extra step due to risk of used parts and engines.

CivicTunr
10-07-2007, 09:31 AM
yah, i bought a b18b to swap into my civic. i was going to build my own but it was cheaper to go w/ shoaib.

i didnt swap the clutch, cause i didnt have enough money at the time, stupid me. but oh well, i drove it to saskatoon a week later and the clutch blew, so i took it to a shop, and they completely fucked it, (damaged the tranny, put the release bearing in wrong, and broke my axels, and shift linkage.

so after talking w/ shoaib, he decided to give me a tranny for free, and just have me pay for the labour.

+100000 for jdmsource. shoaib is a great guy.

v2kai
10-07-2007, 10:53 AM
:thumbsup: Shoaib is the shitnizzle. hooked me up and all my buddies up with engines and parts. great guy to deal with

Shaolin
10-07-2007, 11:01 AM
I had a B16 (bought from JDMSource) swap done into my EK a few years back and whenever I needed parts he either hooked it up for free or at a cheap price..

Shoaib's a stand up guy and great to deal with..

AJS.Si
10-07-2007, 11:10 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: great shop!

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-07-2007, 07:43 PM
+1 He did the swap for my civic in 04 and it still runs strong. He helps me get parts and gets me good prices. :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
10-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by derek_k
I WOULD NEVER GO TO JDM SOURCE AGAIN
he treats his customers like shi* as soon as you find something wrong with his products
heres my story
in February i wanted to put a rb25det into my nissan laurel
i purchased the engine off of him and everything else i needed
he found me a guy to swap it in did that, and the car didnt work
tested it and tested it
finally got it kinda running, then it broke down again after about 2 days
called him he said he cant do anything for me but if i need any parts he will hook me up(yeah right)
so i brought my car to autodream, they tampered with it, got it running for 3 days then broke down again,
then i went back to autodream again, go them to fix it once again, they changed my cam, and it worked, good this time, for all of 1 1/2 days, then it started screwing up again, then on the 3rd day, it was pretty much at the state of it being undrivable.
brought it back to autodream for the 3rd time, and they did nothing for me, told me i needed a new head or pretty much there is no hope.
so i brought it to this other mechanic to try and get it repaired. and my whole sensor plate was bent, he repaired that, and it kind of ran again
during the time of me going to autodream for the last time, and going to the new guy i was forced to buy another car due to the reason this one wouldnt work and i needed a car to get around and work,
now this is up to the current date, i have been seeing this new mechanic this is actually helping me out and really looking into my car, and he says that switching my head could repair it, but the risks of it not working are way to high, so he then recommended me getting a whole new engine.
so today i went to jdm source to talk to shohab and once we actaully started getting into the conversation he said that he would give me a head for free, or else i can purchase another engine for cost. what is the use of me purchaseing another engine for cost? when i've already got one from him. once i mentioned i wanted a whole new engine he got very defensive and said he didnt really wanna do anything anymore to help me, just cause its taken so long since i've gotten it
what im wondering is why he thinks he can just void his warrenty just because its been over a month in time, but really i've only been able to drive this car like 10-15 times, and most of the time it is driving it to a shop to get repaired or else im towing it
so not only with me haveing to buy the engine, the swap, then trying to even repair the engine paying autodream and everyone else, and all the money i've put in myself trying to fix it, its tallied way over $6000 just to try and get a engine running even.
once our conversation was ending when i was speaking to him he simply told me to get the fuck out of his store and that was it.

from this feedback i would really recommend everyone thinking twice about jdm source, its not as good as you all think

A. You're an idiot. I can tell from your post
B. I'm glad you got screwed over, cuz of point A.
C. JDMSource is the shit and Shahabibibi is a great guy who already went out of his way to help you when he was under no obligation to.

Sometimes, karma works. :)

Foreign2
10-08-2007, 01:25 AM
Ehhhh, shoaib is alright...

i think i've only bought like 3 or 4 engines + 1 or 2 cars from him...

hahaha fucker!!!!!!!! :poosie:

p.s. negotiate really really hard with him, he loves it.

dreamchaser
10-14-2007, 10:57 PM
JDMsource is not in sponser list anymore and jdmsource.ca is not working either :dunno:

CivicTunr
10-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by dreamchaser
JDMsource is not in sponser list anymore and jdmsource.ca is not working either :dunno:

well i know he has jdmautogarage.com to sell his jdm cars, so maybe he is in the process of combining the two, instead of paying for both. this is just a theory.

but i do see jdmsource on the sponser list, but the site is not working.

240SX92
10-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Who said they don't work on Nissans? Is that true?

I've been looking around to swap an SR20 in, how much does JDM source charge on installs? I know how much they sell the SR20 for, just need to know labor cost. I've sent 2 emails, but got no response, it's probably dropping in his spam folder... I've only been to the place once, and it's pretty far, so could anyone tell me what they paid in labor?

Team_Mclaren
10-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by 240SX92
Who said they don't work on Nissans? Is that true?

I've been looking around to swap an SR20 in, how much does JDM source charge on installs? I know how much they sell the SR20 for, just need to know labor cost. I've sent 2 emails, but got no response, it's probably dropping in his spam folder... I've only been to the place once, and it's pretty far, so could anyone tell me what they paid in labor?

If this idiot knows how to use the phone, so can you!

http://www.deeshaa.org/wp-content/bush_phone.jpg

dreamchaser
10-15-2007, 11:47 AM
i have not dealt with jdm source but he is asking 1200 just for tne 300zx engine and other guys are selling complete engine , auto trans , ecu and everything for 1000

nugen power
10-15-2007, 12:22 PM
never had a problem with JDM SOURCE, always been good to me!

R!zz0
10-15-2007, 04:20 PM
i have not dealt with jdm source but he is asking 1200 just for tne 300zx engine and other guys are selling complete engine , auto trans , ecu and everything for 1000

Other guys suck...JDM Source Rocks. I wouldn't even think of going anywhere else except JDM Source.

SNAATCH
10-16-2007, 06:19 PM

I'm sure he would price match for you.

n1zm0
10-16-2007, 06:55 PM
i bought my SR from Shoaib close 3 years ago now and its running as good as day one, very respectable guy, if i were to do another swap and needed an engine it'd be the first place i'd look, i would definetly buy from him again. :thumbsup:

p.s: it's easier if you phone him rather than e-mail, and even better if you go down there, he's busy as fk usually.

S-FLY
10-17-2007, 09:15 AM
My feelings on JDM Source are mixed. I've had mediocre prices/service. Not saying anything bad, or anything good, just average in my opinion.