PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory BA skill to succeed week @ SAIT

Amysicle
07-24-2007, 11:45 PM
So I get this letter in the mail from SAIT about the beginning of the year and near the bottom it says:

BA Skill to succeed week: The first week of class starts on August 27. That first week of class is designed to facilitate your entrance into our program. By that time, you should have your laptop and if possible, your textbooks as well.
~Students who do not attend first week of class (BA skill to succeed week) will be removed from the program.
~Your schedule of that week may be different from your semester schedule. Again, attendance and active participation is mandatory.

So, does that mean I can't skip the last day to go house boating in BC? Or are we able to get out of it if it's just that one day and we're there for the entire week? Anyone with experience in the SAIT mumbo jumbo?

The Cosworth
07-24-2007, 11:48 PM
In my program (electrical engineering tech) they were pretty strict on this

I would go

Amysicle
07-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Damn!

I was kind of hoping people would say, Just go the first few days and you're fine.

Thanks for the advice though!

Darkane
07-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Go it's good

CanadianBoy69
07-25-2007, 10:32 PM
ur gonna have to go they take attendance in all the classes that whole week

man do i miss that part of first semester fuckin 4th semester

z24_wheels
07-26-2007, 12:58 PM
lol...attendance...in post secondary. what a joke.

maplelodge
07-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by z24_wheels
lol...attendance...in post secondary. what a joke.

its a joke, but it benefits to your success, during that first week you will learn all the cool programs in your laptop and how your instructors can lock your msn/internet ;) ........ just enjoy your first week, 'cuz after that, you will be busy reading like a mad man!... oh btw, DON'T LET THE FIRST SEMESTER FOOL YOU!!

ringmaster
07-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle
So I get this letter in the mail from SAIT about the beginning of the year and near the bottom it says:

BA Skill to succeed week: The first week of class starts on August 27. That first week of class is designed to facilitate your entrance into our program. By that time, you should have your laptop and if possible, your textbooks as well.
~Students who do not attend first week of class (BA skill to succeed week) will be removed from the program.
~Your schedule of that week may be different from your semester schedule. Again, attendance and active participation is mandatory.

So, does that mean I can't skip the last day to go house boating in BC? Or are we able to get out of it if it's just that one day and we're there for the entire week? Anyone with experience in the SAIT mumbo jumbo?

Dont waste your time. I think I went the first 2 hours or so before heading home for the rest of the week

l8braker
07-26-2007, 03:15 PM
I remember doing the same thing for BA @ Sait. 100% go

BrknFngrs
07-26-2007, 03:15 PM
this is the prime time to meet all the hotties that will be in your classes, they are looking for people they can hang out with so their not alone and your there, cant go wrong

ricefarmer
07-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by ringmaster

Dont waste your time. I think I went the first 2 hours or so before heading home for the rest of the week

I don't think I even went

or...if you want to be diligent just find out what classes you will have on the firday and email the instructors for those classes and tell them you won't be there.

and who ever said don't let first semester fool you?:whipped: I think you fooled yourself into believing it was work.