PDA

View Full Version : Speed Cameras

narou
07-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Does anyone know if there is a speed camera on I think 80th or 84th street in saddleridge. I drove that way twice tonight and saw a flash that may have been.. But the second time I went that way I was definatly under 60km/h... After the first time I was I assumed it was probably lightning. But the second time in the same spot not so shure... Lol wasnt my vehicle but still not to cool if it is speed camera or sumthing...

shynepho
07-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Theres probably a photo radar van parked there on the side somewhere. It's most likely a new model Dodge Caravan.

Theres also another one on 68th st NE (going South) right infront of the SportSplex.

These photo radar vans have no markings on the outside which make it hard to tell apart from the other million caravans out there.

SilverBoost
07-25-2007, 12:46 AM
If you're uncertain when passing ANY mini-van parked on the roadside, slow down and look for the BLACK fleet plate sticker. If you see one, chances are it's a radar van, but rentals have them as well.

It might just be me, but I also find seeing through the rear glass a little harder on photo radar vans. Maybe it's tinted darer so you can't see the photo equipment bolted to the dash through the rear glass.

Supa Dexta
07-25-2007, 04:45 AM
they are usually tinted. but the biggest thing is they are always spotless... they keep 'em real clean. so anytime you see a mini van parked on the side, you should be cautious, any time you see a spotless one, and other cars are dirty, you know its one..

ca18det240sx
07-25-2007, 06:26 AM
I slow down for pretty much any car on deerfoot...doesnt matter what. Getting a ticket from a rusty old caravan was enuff to make me more cautious. I dont know why they ran radar in that van, but i saw the flash, and i got it in the mail like a week later.

avow
07-25-2007, 04:23 PM
do we even have mounted speed cameras yet?