PDA

View Full Version : Gold's Gym membership length and expiry

hoamic11
07-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Hey got a question on this, my gf has had a golds gym membership since june 26th of 2006. She only signed up for a 1 year term/contract and for her payments to be withdrawn bi-weekly.

Now my question is, supposedly her membership should be expired now, however they are still taking payments out of her account. Can anybody explain why this would be happening, like if her membership was only a year and she hasn't been using it for the last 5 months since she moved here, as to why they would still be charging her?

thx

00CivicSi
07-25-2007, 11:09 AM
You hafta go in or send a letter stating you wish to cancel or you will be placed on a month to month. Like any cell phone company.

lint
07-25-2007, 11:10 AM
after the one year, it goes on a month-to-month status until she informs them in writing that she's canceling her membership. Pretty common practice.

Lumburgh
07-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah, you know that thing on contracts called "Fine Print"...riiiiight....

If you could go ahead and, try to read that from now on, that would be greaaat.

Thaaaaaaanks.

hoamic11
07-25-2007, 11:18 AM
well it's not me, i was just asking, thx for input, i'll get her to go in and cancel

De Dutch
07-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Lumburgh

Thaaaaaaanks.

Wholy shit, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FOR FUCKS SAKES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

arian_ma
07-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Lumburgh

Thaaaaaaanks.

Lmfao! I did NOT expect that!
:rofl: :rofl:

BrknFngrs
07-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Odds are they are gonna make you give a months notice or something too, so even after you submit the letter you are going to have to pay for an additional month.

When I had to deal with this with World Health I back dated the letter, had the girl at the desk sign to accept it while I flirted with her and got out of the extra months cost :thumbsup:

hoamic11
07-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Hahaha, nice, does anybody know about the cost to transfer a membership? or even if there are any troubles with doing it?

TVG
07-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Be careful man, I just got fucked over by World's gym bad. I was on a monthly membership, and I cancelled, signed a cancellation form and thought it was all done. This was back in Feb, and I found out this month that they are still charging me, and in fact started charging me even more. I call them up and they claim I am actually on a yearly membership, and whoever let me sign the cancellation form must have screwed up. I know there is no way I am on yearly, because my coworkers and I all signed up at once, and were all promised a monthly membership which we could cancel at anytime without a cancellation fee.

All I know is, if I don't get this cancelled, and the extra charges refunded, I am going to fuck with this gym BAD. They are going to lose 10x the money they made off me. I don't care if it costs me money to do this, they are going to learn a lesson. These guys are huge scumbags. I pay half the money at the YMCA for 3 locations, way better facilities, and honest people.

mdeluxe
07-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Gym memberships are just like cell phone places, they will keep taking out after your contract unless you stop them

TVG
07-25-2007, 01:29 PM
I am going to do a stop payment, but don't they send collectors if you do that?

BrknFngrs
07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
I would assume a stop payment would be like bouncing a cheque, wouldn't every month that they try and take the payment from you just beat down your credit rating?

lint
07-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by hoamic11
Hahaha, nice, does anybody know about the cost to transfer a membership? or even if there are any troubles with doing it?

I've done a transfer, no fees, just brought a buddy who wanted it. But if there's no contract left, what are you transferring?

hoamic11
07-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Not really, it's just on a month to month now, so my assuption would be that if it gets transferred to somebody that they can cancel anytime i guess.

Just thought i'd ask.

00CivicSi
07-28-2007, 02:29 PM
How much is she paying per month if you don't mind me asking? Sometimes people sign up at special rate like a grand opening rate that's 11 dollars bi weekly instead of the 45-50 bucks a month. You can sell it off for a like 100 bucks or more.

hoamic11
07-28-2007, 03:11 PM
She's paying $25.xx bi-weekly and when she signed up it was i think $80 bucks for start up fees.