PDA

View Full Version : Sick, something is messed up!

bigbadboss101
07-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Ok, I have not taken a sick day off in over a year, nor have I been sick for a while.

Sunday evening went to a BBQ, food seem fine, and had couple drinks. Monday morning woke at 4am and feel something wasn't right. Heart rate was higher than normal, and a bit of anxiousness. Went to work Monday and felt light headed, no appetite etc. Since Monday I have been going to the washrooms about 10 times a day, and none doing the stand up style. No appetite, head and muscle aches etc.

Got some Pepto the other day and it helped but the symptoms isn't going away.

Stomach flu? Food poisoning? The vodka strawberry drink that this gal gave me? I don't recall eating anything abnormal.

Skipped the last two days of work, a slo pitch game, but hopefully nothing more.

HybridTheory
07-25-2007, 11:24 PM
That doesn't sound good at all. I would suspect food poisoning. Was all the food you ate at the bbq cooked properly?

Anyway I would suggest going to the doctor...

arian_ma
07-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Does food poisoning last for more than a day?
It does sound like the stomach flu but I thought that was only a day thing as well...

HK2NR
07-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Had a mild food poisoning case took about a week to get it all out of my system. Experienced exactly what you have just described.

Swank
07-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Food poisoning shouldn't cause anything more than stomach unrest. Headaches and muscle aches say flu to me. Been there, it sucks. The one I had with your exact same symptoms took about 10 days outta me. Sleep tons.

nos_efx
07-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Remember doing anything else on Sunday? Reason I ask is because I have the EXACT same symptoms as you did at the exact same time.

Its starting to taper off now, craps finally getting solid, yesterday I got fed up with eating chicken broth and ventured to chinatown for some BBQ duck yesterday.... tasted so great but exploded shortly after.

I did not eat out on Sunday and just ate at home, did a good amount of drinking on Saturday at a BBQ but I can't see that much of a delay in the virus....

Nasty virus though.

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Ok, I have not taken a sick day off in over a year, nor have I been sick for a while.

Sunday evening went to a BBQ, food seem fine, and had couple drinks. Monday morning woke at 4am and feel something wasn't right. Heart rate was higher than normal, and a bit of anxiousness. Went to work Monday and felt light headed, no appetite etc. Since Monday I have been going to the washrooms about 10 times a day, and none doing the stand up style. No appetite, head and muscle aches etc.

Got some Pepto the other day and it helped but the symptoms isn't going away.

Stomach flu? Food poisoning? The vodka strawberry drink that this gal gave me? I don't recall eating anything abnormal.

Skipped the last two days of work, a slo pitch game, but hopefully nothing more.

beyondpinoy
07-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Swank
Food poisoning shouldn't cause anything more than stomach unrest. Headaches and muscle aches say flu to me. Been there, it sucks. The one I had with your exact same symptoms took about 10 days outta me. Sleep tons.

actually food poisoning can lead to death... but 95% of the time people experience mild food poisoning.. ie upset stomach.. but then you get the occasional sick for a week type food poisioning.. and the super super rare death case....

topmade
07-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Sounds like stomach flu to me. You would be throwing up as well if you had the flu and food poisoning is usually mostly throwing up. Your head aches are probably from a lack of sleep and muscle aches from trying to sqeeze your ass cheeks tight so you don't squirt anything trying to dash to the bathroom, then flexing those stomach muscles to push every last drop out.

But probably like everyone else, I'm not a Dr. so if you think it's neccessary, go and see a real Dr. and not a beyond Dr.

bigbadboss101
07-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Today my neck is really sore.

bobby_lu
07-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Go to the Doctor!!

Dont want to scare you, but the neck soreness is worrisome

clem24
07-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Just drink lots of water. Diarhhea or puking can lead to severe dehydration. One time I got it so bad that I couldn't even hold down water (I'd just puke the water if I drank). I ended up going to the hospital for an IV... The only time I've ever been to a hospital for anything for myself.

teggypimp95
07-26-2007, 11:32 AM
My gf just got crazy food poising and it lasted a week of her in the bathroom.
Took her to the hospital and they said you just gotta let it work its way out. And theygave her some probiotics to put the good bacteria back in her.

I do still susgest going to the doctor though so they can run some tests.

The worst thing you can do is take pepto. It will bung you all up stoping your body from getting the virus out that its trying to. Making your symtoms worse and lasting longer.

Drink lots of gatorade. The doctor said it will rehighdrate you better than water will. Lots of electrolites in it.

bigbadboss101
07-26-2007, 12:22 PM
I will drink more. In Fort Mac now and the medical systems isn't great. Will be in Calgary tomorrow so I will stop by a drop in clinic.
Damn, they are right when the say men are wussies when they are sick. Sore neck, runs, lack appetite, headache, no need to pee isn't great :-)

TVG
07-26-2007, 01:03 PM
I got food poisoning once and it was probably the worst night of my life. 5 or 6 pukes and then 15 minutes of rest for like 10 hours.

adidas
07-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Wow, i read this thread 2 days ago thinkin how much it would suck to have food poisoning.

Well i just got food poisoning from a yougurt that i bought at superstore. Had high fever(39.3), headaches and stomach pain. Thought i was gonna die from the pain that i had last night but i feel better today. Doctor gave me some pills to kill the bacteria, so hopefully i will be much better in a few days.

nismodrifter
07-28-2007, 09:09 PM
haha this thread is wicked for study review, great common symptoms for my microbiology exam tomorrow on bacteria/common illnesses.

I don't know why you guys hesitate to go to the Doctor though. Keep yourselves hydrated and go see your doctor ASAP (make sure you don't shit yourself on the way to the doctors office though lol).

ringmaster
07-29-2007, 12:11 AM
A friend of mine got e coli from beef he bought at a viet market. His lasted over a week and symptoms are the same as yours.

BigMass
07-29-2007, 08:02 AM
lol don't go to the doctor and clog up our medical system for what is a basic stomach bug that will last about a week. Unless you're shitting blood or have more severe symptoms.

You're going to the bathroom a lot. Make sure to drink TONS of Gatorade because your body is going to be massively dehydrated. Gatorade is better than water in this situation so you can replenish your electrolytes.

You also need rest. I can't believe you actually went to work after you woke up at 4 am feeling like shit. You should have taken that day off.

Yeah your muscles ache. It will go away, it's part of the symptoms. Smoke some weed or take some Advil.

Take your temperature. A low grade fever is also very common with a stomach flu. It will last about a week

These are some of the common symptoms of stomach flu:
. fatigue
. chills
. loss of appetite
. nausea
. vomiting
. stomach cramps
. diarrhea
. low-grade fever
. muscle aches

bigbadboss101
07-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Friday morning felt a lot better. Went to work 1/2 day, flew back home to Calgary for the weekend. Played ultimate frisbee Friday night and had to be careful not to run too hard. Then I popped some Imodium that night and now it's the opposite. Stuff bunged up. Played 2.5 hours of tennis in the hot sun on Saturday and sweated a ton of liquid.

broken_legs
07-29-2007, 12:48 PM
I HAD THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS, I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE

WENT TO THE HOSPITAL TO SHIT IN A CUP

THEY GAVE ME SOME PILLS AND I GOT BETTER THEN I GOT A CALL FROM THE CDC 3 WEEKS LATER SAYING I SHOULD BE MORE CAREFUL WHAT I EAT IN SOUTH AMERICA... PROBLEM WAS I NEVER LEFT CALGARY

NEVER EAT SOGGY CHICKEN WINGS

nos_efx
07-30-2007, 02:01 PM
^ Soggy chicken wings :thumbsdow

Damnit this all started last last Sunday and I'm still getting diarrhea. Got better over this past weekend and now this morning I'm back at it again, this would be my 8th shit of the day.

Got some cherry red shit in there but to my knowledge I do remember eating anything of that color...... Hmm maybe it was the viet food (Pork rolls were red).

Damnit I hate this..... I want to get back in the gym, I'm just afraid of what might happen if I push too hard on that last rep......:barf:

topmade
07-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs
I HAD THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS, I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE

WENT TO THE HOSPITAL TO SHIT IN A CUP

THEY GAVE ME SOME PILLS AND I GOT BETTER THEN I GOT A CALL FROM THE CDC 3 WEEKS LATER SAYING I SHOULD BE MORE CAREFUL WHAT I EAT IN SOUTH AMERICA... PROBLEM WAS I NEVER LEFT CALGARY

NEVER EAT SOGGY CHICKEN WINGS

HAHAHA, I had the same thing a few months ago. I was like WTF I never left Calgary during that time. It turned out to be salmonella and we couldn't find out what caused it.