PDA

View Full Version : Calgary (sport) bikers are morons

Pages : [1] 2

2EFNFAST
07-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Is it me, or are Calgary-area sport bikers getting extremely stupid.

In the last month, I think I saw 1 biker wearing riding gear. Everybody else was wearing flip-flops, shorts, and a wife-beater. If that.

Tonight I saw a guy going down 22x, towards oncoming traffic, playing chicken with people (I followed him for about 2 kms as he was doing this). At first I thought he was drunk or something, but apparently sober enough to stop at the traffic light @ Silverado and turn in there.

Crazy ass morons.

ercchry
07-26-2007, 02:05 AM
so the real question is why has no one at all posted anything for the past 27 min?

so boring... :zzz:

em2ab
07-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Some of them are stupid. I stop at a light and they either go to the right of all the cars on the shoulder to pass everyone or between all the cars up the middle.
And 2 months ago I had a biker pull up next to me in my car at a light and tell me my indicator was on. I said, "Ya I know, I'm trying to change lanes." Not the brightest.

Xtrema
07-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Please include people on scooter thinking they are on bicycles and people on bicycles thinking they can ride 60kph uphill and takes up the whole lane.

b_t
07-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by em2ab
Some of them are stupid. I stop at a light and they either go to the right of all the cars on the shoulder to pass everyone or between all the cars up the middle.

Canada & the US are the only two places in the world where such behavior (taking advantage of your vehicle's smaller size) is confusing to people. In Europe anywhere, you can expect motorbikers to do exactly this - every time.

Darkane
07-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Is it me, or are Calgary-area sport bikers getting extremely stupid.

In the last month, I think I saw 1 biker wearing riding gear. Everybody else was wearing flip-flops, shorts, and a wife-beater. If that.

Tonight I saw a guy going down 22x, towards oncoming traffic, playing chicken with people (I followed him for about 2 kms as he was doing this). At first I thought he was drunk or something, but apparently sober enough to stop at the traffic light @ Silverado and turn in there.

Crazy ass morons.

You followed him while he was playing chicken? Do you see the irony?

cmodem
07-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by b_t

Canada & the US are the only two places in the world where such behavior (taking advantage of your vehicle's smaller size) is confusing to people. In Europe anywhere, you can expect motorbikers to do exactly this - every time.

Exactly... i think it has more to do with gay @ss traffic getting more congested. Man i wish i could go back to traffic how calgary was 5 years ago lol.

l/l/rX
07-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by em2ab
And 2 months ago I had a biker pull up next to me in my car at a light and tell me my indicator was on. I said, "Ya I know, I'm trying to change lanes." Not the brightest.

you've obviously never been out of the country. heh. everywhere, where i've gone people on bikes are always lane splitting, always riding between stopped cars to get to the front.

even in cali, alot of people lane split. its not a big deal, just be safe about it i guess. :dunno:

khtm
07-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Yeah, the real issue is dumbass cagers in their SUVs talking on their cell phones, not bikes. :poosie:

Toms-SC
07-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Squid

benyl
07-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by khtm
Yeah, the real issue is dumbass cagers in their SUVs talking on their cell phones, not bikes. :poosie: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

Stupid soccer moms

Euro_Trash
07-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

you've obviously never been out of the country. heh. everywhere, where i've gone people on bikes are always lane splitting, always riding between stopped cars to get to the front.

even in cali, alot of people lane split. its not a big deal, just be safe about it i guess. :dunno:

I thought there was a discussion about this and it turned out it was actually perfectly legal to do so?

BrknFngrs
07-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Please include people on scooter thinking they are on bicycles and people on bicycles thinking they can ride 60kph uphill and takes up the whole lane.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

Bicycles are the worst thing on the road by far, though I don't know that you can blame the cyclists individually. I really don't think they should be allowed on the road with cars (though I know sidewalks are a bad alternative too)

Dave P
07-26-2007, 10:23 AM
So why dont you cry about it...........

Saddlebags

yellowsnow
07-26-2007, 10:25 AM
no lane splitting is still illegal in canada, which is pretty retarded. ONLY in Canada and the US would people get pissed at a biker who lane splits. I've even heard stories of people opening their car door to prevent bikers from passing them when they are fully stopped. morons. boo hoo, the biker is budging me at the stop light, i'm gonna try and kill him! :banghead:

my favourite is when i'm riding and some SUV/minivan driver decides to change lanes without shoulder checking/signaling. Then when I blow my horn, fingers me after nearly running me over. classy. it's great when i stop next to them at a light and try and get their attention, but they somehow can't hear me through their window... :rofl:

T78Supra1
07-26-2007, 10:26 AM
This is A stupid thread......

Do people realize that Harley drivers are driving around with skull caps and tank tops as well

And in many places in the states they don't even have helmet laws.

3clips3
07-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash

I thought there was a discussion about this and it turned out it was actually perfectly legal to do so?

The exact opposite, the fuzz will ticket you every time if you are busted.

RE: No gear - Fucking asshats! They will crash and get roadrash! Had a little once and it's not fun, gear all of the time for me thanks!

SJW
07-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Quit bitching and let these retards kill themselves.

2EFNFAST
07-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

You followed him while he was playing chicken? Do you see the irony?

on the proper side of the road.

dimi
07-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by SJW
Quit bitching and let these retards kill themselves.
:werd:
We need a speed trap on 17th ave close to Shell.

clem24
07-26-2007, 11:28 AM
I have not seen a SINGLE sport bike rider that goes at the anywhere near the legal speed limit. They always have to rev to 20000 RPM and blast off and weave in between traffic and pass everyone. :banghead:

5hift
07-26-2007, 11:42 AM
While I'm not condoning racing around the city, you have to keep in mind the performance capabilities of these bikes and how hard it can be to control oneself and keep at the speed limit. If you had a Viper or a Z06 would you be going the speed limit, or would you drive it like it was meant to be driven once in a while?

I agree with how disturbing it is that a surprisingly large group of riders that wear no gear whatsoever. When I first started riding, it was rare to see someone in just a tshirt and shorts. Now I see more people wearing this than people wearing gear. Only thing worse than this is what I saw a little while back: Guy ripping it on a liter bike in full race gear, girl on the back wearing short shorts, a tank top and some pos snoopy helmet.

shakalaka
07-26-2007, 11:50 AM
I think this is a retarded thread since you are making such a huge generalization. I have never sat on my bike once without my gear, i.e jacket, gloves, helmet obviously. I don't even think it's possible to shift with the damn flip flops on without hurting your foot?

And I don't see why some guy not wearing proper gear and just a wife beater or a t-shirt should bother you in any way? I am sure they know the risk they are taking, and ride accordingly.

In conclusion, I think you are a moron for making a thread like this and dissing ALL the bikers just because you saw a couple doing what you don't like.:banghead:

3clips3
07-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I think this is a retarded thread since you are making such a huge generalization. I have never sat on my bike once without my gear, i.e jacket, gloves, helmet obviously. I don't even think it's possible to shift with the damn flip flops on without hurting your foot?

And I don't see why some guy not wearing proper gear and just a wife beater or a t-shirt should bother you in any way? I am sure they know the risk they are taking, and ride accordingly.

In conclusion, I think you are a moron for making a thread like this and dissing ALL the bikers just because you saw a couple doing what you don't like.:banghead:

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: Well said. :thumbsup:

Raven_R1
07-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by dimi

:werd:
We need a speed trap on 17th ave close to Shell.

Yeah u will suprise they will catch more import than bike..I was at Shell every saturday.. Saw too many import racing down that street all the time..LOL

bmeier
07-26-2007, 12:23 PM
this thread is retarded there are just as many bad drivers in cars not wearing seatbelts, not signaling and not paying attention to whats around them. Lets also not forget the inability of people to merge or the idiots that tailgate on deerfoot trail.

people are just bad drivers whether its on a bike or in a car. Im sure more than half of the people here drive like morons but they just don't realize it.

85regal
07-26-2007, 02:18 PM
there are places in north america where lane splitting is legal, california is one of those places. And i'm another one who always wears gear. Most guys on sportbikes shift around 8000rpm when cruising, this may sound high to cars around but this is very low on a bike. And what seems like they are taking off from a light, are actually very light on the throttle. You need to keep in mind the acceleration of a bike, most bikes can do 0-60 mph in 3 seconds, if they are really taking off you would know it. My biggest concern is all the fucking ricers in civics and shit trying to race me at every stop light thinking they have a chance.

gpomp
07-26-2007, 02:29 PM
speaking of civics, i beat bikes all the time in mine.

http://www.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/12/flame_suit.jpg

SJW
07-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Oh my god beat a bike with a civic? You're retarded.

BrknFngrs
07-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

:rofl: :rofl: fucking awesome

em2ab
07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by yellowsnow
no lane splitting is still illegal in canada, which is pretty retarded. ONLY in Canada and the US would people get pissed at a biker who lane splits. I've even heard stories of people opening their car door to prevent bikers from passing them when they are fully stopped. morons. boo hoo, the biker is budging me at the stop light, i'm gonna try and kill him! :banghead:

my favourite is when i'm riding and some SUV/minivan driver decides to change lanes without shoulder checking/signaling. Then when I blow my horn, fingers me after nearly running me over. classy. it's great when i stop next to them at a light and try and get their attention, but they somehow can't hear me through their window... :rofl:

I agree it doesn't hurt anyone when they do it and it shouldn't matter but my problem is with them riding between the cars and the handlebars on the pedal bikes being so close to my paint. One fright, a rock, a loud noise, anything could cause him to swerve and fuck up my car. Same with the motorbikes I guess. Otherwise I don't care as long as it's not taking too much of my tax dollars to fix the ones that get hurt doing it.

And your second comment about the stupidity of drivers in cars.....I agree as well. I always have people try to change into a lane I'm in and I have to slam on the brakes so they barely miss me, I honk, they give me the finger. Assholes.

clem24
07-26-2007, 03:52 PM
I agree with the above. Yes it's true. There are morons on both cars and bikes.

But whereas maybe 20% of the car population are complete morons, 99.9% of the sport bike population are driving like morons. That's the difference. And yes, they ALL take off at lights because they are usually 500m ahead of anyone else when the light goes green. I don't need an engine sound to tell me that.

Bikers pop wheelies, weave thru traffic doing 1.5 - 2x the speed of traffic, and race to get out in front at a light, all during rush hour. You want to drive fast? Fine. But don't do it in rush hour or with other traffic around. You're only putting yourself and others in danger.

TurboMedic
07-26-2007, 05:32 PM
I can tell you when I'm on my bike, the safest place in traffic is infront of it....So yes, I'll try and get there as quick as is reasonable!! I also wish lane splitting was legal, at stop lights....

SOAB
07-26-2007, 05:32 PM
another dumbass generalization.

the only bikers you notice are the ones that do that shit. you don't notice the riders that are just above the speed limit or riding casually with traffic because all fucken car drivers are blind and retarded (how do you like THAT generalization?).

you ride normal, you get killed by cars that don't look before they change lanes, or turn left, etc.
ride faster than they think you should and you're called a moron.

i know which way i would ride.

Spoons
07-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Couldn't agree more SOAB. Also, personally gear comes to your own discretion. When I road, if it was just a quick ride to the store or something, I would just throw on my helmet and go. Longer trips to school and work, would always wear the gear. Basically calling someone a retard or shit for not wearing their gear is going no where. It is their hide, their call. They aren't going to hurt anyone else by it, so why should you care.

I mean, I don't condone excessive speeds, but sometimes bikes go a little over the speed limit. Think about it, yeah bikers get into accidents, but how many a year do you see happen? Not a whole lot. It's also cause there are alot less bikers than cars, but also that generally bikers are alot more cautious to other vehicles. Yet so many of you don't shoulder check, don't signal, all around drive like complete tools. Some of you guys in your cages that do tiny little things wrong on the road are WAY worse than the odd biker pulling a wheelie every now and then or shit like that.

I can tell you when I'm on my bike, the safest place in traffic is infront of it....So yes, I'll try and get there as quick as is reasonable!! I also wish lane splitting was legal, at stop lights....

I would say that lane splitting at stop lights would be way safer. I would sooner be in between two cars than some asshole flying up to the light doesn't notice me in the lane and slams into the back of me.

Kobe
07-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Omg so I hit 325 on crowchild today it was sooo cool!

Eibbus
07-26-2007, 08:04 PM

holy shit! thats GOLD

gpomp
07-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by SJW
Oh my god beat a bike with a civic? You're retarded. go fuck yourself

Graham_A_M
07-26-2007, 08:07 PM

http://www.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/12/flame_suit.jpg Thats funny, as week ago I raced a newer Ferrari 430 Spyder on Deerfoot in the wee hours of the morning, and guess who won?
Yet your Civic is faster then a F430 too eh? wow who knew? :rofl:

I always ride with my gear on, and never weave in between traffic. I'm guessing probably 30% of the sport bike riders: drive like absolute twats, I'm not one of them, I usually do the speedlimit, unless on Deerfoot, then I may do 130ish.

I think these squid that think they know what their doing on a bike set a bad example for everybody, its pretty sad really. :whipped:

dj_honda
07-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Thats funny, as week ago I raced a newer Ferrari 430 Spyder on Deerfoot in the wee hours of the morning, and guess who won?

I always ride with my gear on, and never weave in between traffic. I'm guessing probably 30% of the sport bike riders: drive like absolute twats, I'm not one of them, I usually do the speedlimit, unless on Deerfoot, then I may do 130ish.

I think these squid that think they know what their doing on a bike set a bad example for everybody, its pretty sad really. :whipped:

What do you have? I find that 600s aren't very fast from a roll. From my experiences, I always find if I am at a light next to a sport bike they are the ones that try to egg you on to race (ie: revving up when the light is still red and taking off like no tommorrow as soon as it turns green).

A_Friend
07-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by T78Supra1
This is A stupid thread......

Do people realize that Harley drivers are driving around with skull caps and tank tops as well

And in many places in the states they don't even have helmet laws.

just because people that ride harley's do it doesn't mean its not dumb??

TeamBestBud
07-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Thats funny, as week ago I raced a newer Ferrari 430 Spyder on Deerfoot in the wee hours of the morning, and guess who won?

Im guessing that you won. Thats because the Ferrari doesn't have VTEC yo.

Civic>Ferrari F430

-Honda Fanboy

gpomp
07-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Yet your Civic is faster then a F430 too eh? never raced one.

anyways, i havn't run into a 600cc bike that can pass me... FYI, i used to ride a cbr f4 years ago.

dresden_k
07-27-2007, 01:10 AM
As said by many, I think it's true that we notice what we want to notice; i.e.: squids, stunters, wheelies, stoppies, speeders... I ride to and from work on my bike with a 1pc suit on and there are some days when I can't stand the thought of crawling into the sweat factory that is my suit, so I go in shorts and a t-shirt. It doesn't hurt any one, and I'm going 5km or less, so from a km/risk ratio, it's pretty low.

When I go out to ride it's always with a suit.

Avoid blaming people - we hear young guys blaming old women, old women blaming young guys. Cell phone users blame cereal eaters, hell - I saw someone reading a book on Glenmore last week while driving. Fact is that most of us will do something retarded at some point in our lives, and since we're surrounded by a million other citizens in Calgary, chances are we see hundreds of episodes of retardism every day.

Chances are you've (no one specifically, but everyone) has done something stupid within the last week, so keep that in mind when you're proclaiming that someone else is entirely retarded all the time.

SJW
07-27-2007, 09:55 AM
go fuck yourself

Why would I do that when your mom is so tasty.

jfulton
07-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by clem24
I have not seen a SINGLE sport bike rider that goes at the anywhere near the legal speed limit. They always have to rev to 20000 RPM and blast off and weave in between traffic and pass everyone. :banghead:

bullshit . there are alot of responcible sport bike riders .
I myself tend to stick to the speed limit in all inner city roads ..
And what do i get for it .... I am always tailgated ...

Toms-SC
07-27-2007, 10:08 AM
gpomp is about to burn this mother down

KRyn
07-27-2007, 10:21 AM
We dont need no water let this mother fucka burn?

Cowtown_Raider
07-27-2007, 10:33 AM
To the OP, your generalization is just bound to piss people off. Yeah, there are plenty of jackass riders, but I see just as many dumbass cagers every day. That rider you saw will likely get what's coming to him eventually...hopefully he only hurts himself in the process.

I know lots of riders that ride responsibly. In this city, you need to ride somewhat offensively to avoid getting hit. That means riding somewhat faster then everyone else to remain more visible and avoid sitting in blind spots. Cagers in Calgary are busy people and aren't paying attention most of the time so you have to be ready for anything.

I ride ATGATT...if you don't, you're being foolish. The heat isn't an excuse because you can get decent protection that keeps you cool enough. Remember, you only have one skin!

/end rant

JGerke
07-27-2007, 10:42 AM
never raced one.

anyways, i havn't run into a 600cc bike that can pass me... FYI, i used to ride a cbr f4 years ago.

so i'm guessing you have a civic that can do the quarter mile in under 11 sec??? either than or they're just afraid you're gonna run them off teh road when they go to pass :dunno:

SJW
07-27-2007, 10:55 AM
He has is whats called a "polished terd" when for the money he dumped into it, he couda bought something decent.

djstefan
07-27-2007, 11:58 AM
How many of you ass hat ricer driving cagers don't wear rubber when fu(kin some chick pissed drunk at a party just cause it's better raw? You don't see me giving you an STD lecture. So STFU and go install bigger spoilers on your rice cookers.

85regal
07-27-2007, 12:30 PM
no way you can even come close to a 600 with a time slip of
gpomp, 1995 Honda Civic, 12.842 @ 100.28, Race City

new 600's can do 1/4 mile in under 11 and 125mph or so. even old 600's are still low 11's in calgary at 120mph.

some people just don't get it. most modern sportbikes do about 110+ km/h in first gear, some a lot higher. If they are really taking off at full throttle from a light they would be doubling the speed limit in seconds. I ride everyday, rain or shine and can't count the number of idiots in cars I encounter everyday.

viff3r
07-27-2007, 01:09 PM
I think a major contributing factor is that there are so many new bikers on the roads right now. The economy is doing well, younger people are making more money (as are their parents), bikes are easier to buy, you don't need any training, all you need is a $200 lid and you can go squid it up whererver/whenever you want. So naturally more of these types of riders are on our streets.

But yup I agree, there sure are lots o' t-shirt & short wearing bikers out there who rip it up and piss off other drivers, there are also lots of small dicked fags in lifted Diesel trucks weaving in and out of traffic, lots of minivans swerving all over the road while their drivers read the paper and drink coffee, lots of ricer losers doing the 0-50km/h in 12.2 sec from every stoplight, getting their gangsta lean on with their retarded sounding exhausts, lots of old people in Caddys and Lincolns and Crown vics who can barely see over the dashboard and leave their turn signals on for blocks and blocks, lots of newbie drivers who insist on doing 10km/h under the speed limit wherever they go, lots of people who dont' know how to merge/yeild, lots of 16 year old girls in Sunfires having super important conversations on their cell phones all the time, lots of young punks in Daddy's lexus or Benz blasting Vibe 98.5 thinking they are hot shit, etc etc.

So I guess the point is this - there are many stupid people in Calgary. The sooner you come to realize and accept this the sooner you can get on with your lives. :thumbsup:

JGerke
07-27-2007, 01:26 PM
ummmm...done and done

Redlyne_mr2
07-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Saw 2 dudes on bikes today heading north on Deerfoot, we were cruising behind a black prowler in case any of you are on here. They were wearing full gear and cruising at a normal speed... well done. Problem with bikes is that theyre dirt cheap so you get every ricer in the world who wants to go fast riding one..its unfortunate because good riders get a bad rep because of it. My buddy has a bmw sport bike and he wont ride with any other riders just because he cant stand the sport bike scene.

stevo 27
07-27-2007, 09:36 PM

dont lie i saw you in flipflops and shorts at 6 am a week ago or two ;) lol

stevo 27
07-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by dresden_k

Chances are you've (no one specifically, but everyone) has done something stupid within the last week, so keep that in mind when you're proclaiming that someone else is entirely retarded all the time.

not me my cars been in the garage for 2 weeks haha :angel:

Graham_A_M
07-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by stevo 27

dont lie i saw you in flipflops and shorts at 6 am a week ago or two ;) lol I was heading to the bank Steve, its only a block away. :rofl: I guess its kind of bad having a neighboor on this forum. :rofl:

For the record to those that asked, I drive a 2007 Triumph Daytona 675. I beat out the F430 on the Calfrobe Bridge, we entered the bridged doing a roll on, and left at.... well... QUITE a bit faster. We were both pushing it quite hard, as I had a good lean going while leaving the turn. Mind you I was given'-er as much as I could on the throttle, but I wasn't leaning as much as I could have. :dunno:

I heard one person say that most 600's are 11-12 second bikes, not so, actually much like the 1 liter bikes, they're also 10 second machines, if driven properly that is.
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_street_bike_performance_times/

djstefan
07-28-2007, 09:55 AM
never raced one.

So, who won last night? I heard something about a race?

85regal
07-28-2007, 10:02 AM
the 600, with his worst run of the night...hahah

SJW
07-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Once again another trash talkin civic rider is PWN3D.

CivicTunr
07-28-2007, 10:50 AM
honestly who cares whos faster, a bike should be faster.
im more impressed when a car runs 12s or faster, but if a bike cant run a 12 or faster well than, you should just quit at life. (sport bike that is)

Toms-SC
07-28-2007, 10:59 AM
I love the quality responses from all the sport bike riders here in beyond. Not a single one of their responses has been well written and with out flames.

85regal
07-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
gpomp is about to burn this mother down

and as always your comments are useless and unintelligent.

stevo 27
07-28-2007, 06:27 PM
I was heading to the liquor store Steve, its only a block away. :rofl: I guess its kind of bad having a neighboor on this forum. :rofl:

For the record to those that asked, I drive a 2007 Triumph Daytona 675. I beat out the F430 on the Calfrobe Bridge, we entered the bridged doing a roll on, and left at.... well... QUITE a bit faster. We were both pushing it quite hard, as I had a good lean going while leaving the turn. Mind you I was given'-er as much as I could on the throttle, but I wasn't leaning as much as I could have. :dunno:

I heard one person say that most 600's are 11-12 second bikes, not so, actually much like the 1 liter bikes, they're also 10 second machines, if driven properly that is.
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_street_bike_performance_times/

im just raggin on ya haha

all this makes me want a bike im thinkin a busa next summer :D:burnout:

gpomp
07-29-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by djstefan

So, who won last night? I heard something about a race?
huh?

i don't know why you guys get so riled up over this. the fact is that no 600cc bike that's tried to pass me has succeeded. if this were not the case, i wouldn't have posted in the first place.

2EFNFAST
07-29-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by viff3r

So I guess the point is this - there are many stupid people in Calgary. The sooner you come to realize and accept this the sooner you can get on with your lives. :thumbsup:

I do suppose that is true as well. Too bad we can't rewind the clock 15yrs when the city was, imho, in better shape (not necessarily economically, but just overall....it sucks lately imho)

Originally posted by CivicTunr
honestly who cares whos faster, a bike should be faster.

not faster than me; power-to-weight of 2.85 FTMFW :devil:

GTS Jeff
07-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by 85regal

new 600's can do 1/4 mile in under 11 and 125mph or so. even old 600's are still low 11's in calgary at 120mph.

some people just don't get it. most modern sportbikes do about 110+ km/h in first gear, some a lot higher. If they are really taking off at full throttle from a light they would be doubling the speed limit in seconds. I ride everyday, rain or shine and can't count the number of idiots in cars I encounter everyday.

Why would someone already running 12s need to lie about how fast his car is? How exactly does your benchracing trump gpomp's real life experience?

Use your pointy little head, squid. :rolleyes:

Hakkola
07-29-2007, 02:47 PM
I was going up crowchild yesterday, there was a rider with his gf on him, only protection was a helmet on both of them. He tried talking to me and speeding up and slowing down, I think he wanted to race. :thumbsdow

Spoons
07-29-2007, 10:57 PM
I think honestly why the FUCK do you guys all care so much? If one of them get into an accident, they kill themselves. They probably won't hurt you, so let them kill themselves. Half of you commented on here haven't even probably riden a street bike in your life. Until you know how it is for some of the riders out there with you morons in your cages, don't question some of the shit they do (minus the stunting an shit).

gpomp
07-29-2007, 11:09 PM
if you don't think driving twice the posted speed limit endangers other drivers you need to get your head checked out.

JGerke
07-30-2007, 08:34 AM
I would say it doesn't....the cage on a car can easily handle an impact of 300pnds even at high speed. The rider is simply going to sail over your car...obviously dying. Quit being worried about bikes and worry about other cars...When treated like second-class on the road, obviously they will drive differently.

Spoons
07-30-2007, 12:27 PM
if you don't think driving twice the posted speed limit endangers other drivers you need to get your head checked out.

Sorry twice the speed limit is just dumb aswell, but I see way more cages doing that than bikes. I'm simply stating that when you see us lane split at a red light, or speed up to get infront of the pack of cars, we are simply doing it just because we are trying to save our own asses from you guys in your cages.

And JGerke, I don't like it when they constantly bitch about the stuff some riders do, but that goes for everything, but I DO want them to worry about bikers, becasue more people in their cages need to open their fucking eyes, get off their damn phones, and look out for bikers. Most of the crashes you see riders get into is because people in their cars don't fucking shoulder check or anything and hit us.

Originally posted by stevo 27
im just raggin on ya haha

all this makes me want a bike im thinkin a busa next summer :D:burnout:

A Busa as your first bike? Please tell me you have riden a street bike for a long time, and not the bullshit, "I've rode dirt bikes forever." Because thats totally different. If a busa is going to be your next bike, I would think again bucko.

Supa Dexta
07-30-2007, 12:34 PM
busa's are gheyyy

:rofl:

But about taking off from a light, we have to rev up to ATLEAST 4-5k even to get going, and then shift at 7 or 8, just to flow with traffic on the 600's.. So we're not red lining it to get away, it may sound loud, but if we brought it up to 15k you'd know it...

Redlyne_mr2
07-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by JGerke
I would say it doesn't....the cage on a car can easily handle an impact of 300pnds even at high speed. The rider is simply going to sail over your car...obviously dying. Quit being worried about bikes and worry about other cars...When treated like second-class on the road, obviously they will drive differently.
dude.. the impact force of a bike going 120km/hr is much more than 300lbs...check back in this thread when you get your grade 10.

88CRX
07-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
you guys in your cages.

Originally posted by Spoons
people in their cages

Cages :rofl: :rofl: they're called cars. Why to bikers call cars cages?

Every biker boyyzzzz thread on here is the same.

Supa Dexta
07-30-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't use it.. seems stupid to me. but its just what gets used in chit chat. :dunno:

JGerke
07-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

dude.. the impact force of a bike going 120km/hr is much more than 300lbs...check back in this thread when you get your grade 10.

a 300lb bike hitting you going 120...yes the impact strength is greater..but its still a 300lb bike. go buy some more designer clothes and stop being a tool. or will the monkey not let you? Its the equivelent of a Semi truck hitting a SUV (at the biggest)...the truck is fine...suv gets smoked.

All i'm saying is that you should be worried about bikes and what they are doing...not to bitch about it, but for thier safety. I personally have *never* heard of a bike injuring passengers in a car...cars running over bikes you hear about weekly...or maybe I just live in a box?

Perfect Dark
07-30-2007, 01:38 PM

a 300lb bike hitting you going 120...yes the impact strength is greater..but its still a 300lb bike. go buy some more designer clothes and stop being a tool. or will the monkey not let you? Its the equivelent of a Semi truck hitting a SUV (at the biggest)...the truck is fine...suv gets smoked.

All i'm saying is that you should be worried about bikes and what they are doing...not to bitch about it, but for thier safety. I personally have *never* heard of a bike injuring passengers in a car...cars running over bikes you hear about weekly...or maybe I just live in a box?

http://www.driveandstayalive.com/articles%20and%20topics/crash%20causation/speed_swedish-motorcycle-crash_2005.htm

gpomp
07-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Dark

http://www.driveandstayalive.com/articles%20and%20topics/crash%20causation/speed_swedish-motorcycle-crash_2005.htm
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3909/istockphoto3117589grabaxg5.jpg

JGerke
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
you want a cookie? That's great you found an example of a single accident in which a bike killed passengers in a car...These are extreme conditions too....250km/h t-bone....a rabbit would likely go right thorugh your door at that speed.

right now I can think of 5 people...that I know...who have ended up near dying from people in cars being idiots. 2 of these occurances were the exact opposite of your little article just around 200km/h slower.

Perfect Dark
07-30-2007, 01:55 PM
you want a cookie? That's great you found an example of a single accident in which a bike killed passengers in a car...These are extreme conditions too....250km/h t-bone....a rabbit would likely go right thorugh your door at that speed.

right now I can think of 5 people...that I know...who have ended up near dying from people in cars being idiots. 2 of these occurances were the exact opposite of your little article just around 200km/h slower.

Hey man, no need to get all defensive. You said you hadn't heard of a single case, and I showed you one. Consider yourself slightly more educated now.

Geez....relax

Takahashi
07-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by 85regal

isnt that the same guy that got walked by a stock CBR600RR at the track where everyone was shocked when he sat up, turned around, and egged the honda on?...

there's a thread about it on calgaryunderground, excuse me while i find it....

12.8sec vs 12.3secs?...

;)

Takahashi
07-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
busa's are gheyyy

:rofl:

But about taking off from a light, we have to rev up to ATLEAST 4-5k even to get going, and then shift at 7 or 8, just to flow with traffic on the 600's.. So we're not red lining it to get away, it may sound loud, but if we brought it up to 15k you'd know it...
amen!...

( lol )

gpomp
07-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Ok, so I went out to race city tonight and saw gpomp running his car. There was a lot of dudes running their bikes.. so I set up a race.

"I've never been passed by a 600"

Fair is fair.

Anyways, they launched, the civic red-lit (left to early) and got the jump on our 600.. they haul ass down the track... then at about the 1000 foot mark, I see our rider sit up, turn around and look at the civic with his hand on his hip.. we were laughing our balls off... The 600RR COMPLETELY STOCK sails through the finish line at a 12.03... which was his WORST run of the night (he was doing mid 11's all night) versus the cars best of 12.7xx.

Kudos to the car for being really quick, but you got passed by and lost to... you guessed it a 600.

i'm not registered on that board so someone let that guy know that my car has been in the garage for the past month and the civic that he beat at race city wasn't me.

link: http://www.calgaryunderground.com/showthread.php?t=902

QuasarCav
07-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Just as an outsider looking in, this thread is hillarious.

JGerke
07-30-2007, 03:19 PM
k...i've had my fun arguing, gpomp, you need to register on that forum and let us in on the shitstorm once it starts.

Supa Dexta
07-30-2007, 03:25 PM
everyone has to get their panties in a bunch for no reason.. bikes are ghey, cars are ghey, and showing off how big your E dick is ghey too..

I grew up on bikes and have had my bike license before my car one.. but hell its just sumtin I do, I don't have to stick up for it or shoot off about it or anyone else's time/ money wasting activities, do what ya do and the hell with anyone else.. theres more retards on the road then there are good drivers, might as well get used to it..

Toms-SC
07-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Saw three bikes on McLeod Trail Calgary heading to City Center. They must have been part of some gang, flip flops, jeans, plan white tee shirts, they looked like clones of each other. The final finishing move was a girl in a mini skirt with high heals hanging on by one hand while using the other to hold her skirt down.

Flawless.

dj_honda
07-30-2007, 03:45 PM
gpomp's car has been in my garage for the past month getting some upgrades lol. half the car is in pieces.......so i don't think he was racing on friday :rofl:

Spoons
07-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Cages :rofl: :rofl: they're called cars. Why to bikers call cars cages?

Every biker boyyzzzz thread on here is the same.

I don't see the reason to start callin me a biker boy about it? Its just a term that bikers use for cars. It's like any slang term. Why don't make fun of every other slang term that everyone else uses, which I am sure you use some aswell.

BTW you will see the term cages used in alot of places, including alot of motorcycle magazines. It's just a term we use, take it or leave it.

5hift
07-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Regardless of whether GPomp raced on friday or not, a newer 600 would spank his civic. The only way he would even have a chance to keep up would be if he was given a rolling start at a decent speed.

If in my prelude, I'd try to keep up or prevent a bike from passing when I'm on the road, I'm pretty sure quite a few riders wouldnt try to pass me and would just laugh me off. With Gpomp's reasoning that make my prelude faster than the R1 that didnt try to pass me today?

gpomp
07-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda
gpomp's car has been in my garage for the past month getting some upgrades lol. half the car is in pieces.......so i don't think he was racing on friday :rofl:

saw this too:

And even after 5 different people at Race City pointed him out as "that Gpomp dude off of beyond"... Gpomp is saying it wasn't his car we raced.

first these guys accuse me of lying about beating 600s. now they're telling me that i was racing my car that's been sitting in the garage for the past month. what's next? lol

Team_Mclaren
07-30-2007, 04:28 PM
shit have you bike guys actually seem the mainlander in real life? can you tell between the color red or black?

INITIALD
07-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda

:werd: was there the other day.

gpomp
07-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
With Gpomp's reasoning that make my prelude faster than the R1 that didnt try to pass me today?
what reasoning? where did i say "i passed a bike so i must be faster"?

5hift
07-30-2007, 04:56 PM

Earlier I also remember you saying you can beat bikes with your civic. In reality pretty much any 600 would be able to pass you.

gpomp
07-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

Earlier I also remember you saying you can beat bikes with your civic. In reality pretty much any 600 would be able to pass you.
go find the post where i said "i passed a bike so i must be faster". please don't put words in my mouth.

finboy
07-30-2007, 11:13 PM
that other forum is great

That kid is retarded and I'm tired of reading his stupid responses. Who cares if he wasn't at race city.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

whats with all the squids getting so emotional? bikes aren't the be all and end all of machines on wheels, and neither are cars, both have strengths and weaknesses, and both have shithead owners, apperantly there are more on that site then usual, but i guess they have to gather somewhere.

g.pomp's car has been in peices for a while getting upgraded, unless he used some kind of magic to get it back togeather, it was likely a mildly tuned turbo civic considering his car was running consistant 110mph traps 2 years ago, but hey, what do i know :dunno: