PDA

View Full Version : It's called a signal light... (Thanks and a Rant)

SilverGS
07-26-2007, 08:29 AM
As per my normal morning drive I was driving down 17th this morning in the right hand lane when I get stuck behind a bus I signal and shoulder check and notice there is not enough space for me to get out so I stop. Someone in a black MDX slows down enough and lets me in. I go and wave and away we go. Not 200m down the road, now that I am in the left hand lane, a car slows down to turn into a parking lot in the right hand lane not to far in front of me causing 2-3 cars to slow down behind it. As I get to the rear bumper of the last car he darts out right in front of me not checking if there are any cars (me) and no signal light to even let me know what he is wants to do. If I hadn't braked hard and swirved to the left a bit I would have plowed into him.

To the driver of the Black MDX on 17th ave around 7:40am this morning I thank you for your courteous gesture.

To the driver of the Black Subaru Forrester 2.5xt ending plate of 870. LEARN TO FUCKING DRIVE. That little handle on your left hand side is to operate lights that are not for your own amusement but to let people know what your intentions are so other drivers can make adjustements. Secondly how about you shoulder check before making a lane change to see if you are about to plow into someone!!! arrrrrrgh

okay I feel better now

BlkMaxima
07-26-2007, 08:37 AM
I see this type of shit on a daily basis.

I just give them a not so courteous hand gesture, usually they get all confused as to why I would do that? :dunno:

03ozwhip
07-26-2007, 08:37 AM
that is one of my biggest pet peeves poeple not signalling. it drives me fucking nuts. if someone goes in front of me without signalling ill do the same thing to them, except im not nice about it, they deserve to learn a lesson.

97'Scort
07-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Apparently women drivers are the worst for not signalling. Who woulda thunk it? :rolleyes:

I just hate it when I let somebody in and a) they don't wave or b) the idiot behind them cuts over too. I'm letting ONE person in, not two.

SilverGS
07-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
Apparently women drivers are the worst for not signalling. Who woulda thunk it? :rolleyes:

lol

Well this driver was a middle aged white guy either getting into or already in his 50's.

topmade
07-26-2007, 10:37 AM
I hate people who don't signal. Especially the ones that are driving like 20km over the limit and feel that they are driving so fast that they don't need to signal anymore.

Also I don't get people who are turning, but just before the turn will swerve out a bit to the opposite direction (some more then others) then make the turn when it isn't even a tight turn and they aren't even driving that fast. WTF is with that?

rc2002
07-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Bunch of idiot drivers in Calgary. I could post 10 threads a day about these idiots. It's gotten to a point where it's just part of every day driving now.

rsxtypes
07-26-2007, 10:49 AM
pretty much, u can't count on anyone driving like a human here anymore, but u should always be prepared like that while driving, just life, its gotta be like 20% good drivers here if that
both times i've been in minor accidents it because of some older woman making split retarded decisions to cut me off and the slam their brakes on, then its my fault because im behind them, well i wasn't behind them before they cut right in fuckin front of me, such bullshit

SilverGS
07-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Bunch of idiot drivers in Calgary. I could post 10 threads a day about these idiots. It's gotten to a point where it's just part of every day driving now.

True true.. this was a lot closer then my usual encounters was all.. boy was my blood boiling this morning. I actually caught up with the guy on 9th ave at the lights going into downtown. I almost got out of my car to get him to roll down his windows and then bitch slap him

rage2
07-26-2007, 03:15 PM
If you drive in and out of downtown thru rush hour everyday like me, you'll realize that you can NOT signal if u want to change lanes. It's every man/woman for himself during rush hour. If I signalled, the space will be gone, because NOBODY will let you in... they'll just accelerate and close the gap so you can't fit. People obviously don't want to be 1 second later going home :rofl:. Unless you want to wait 3 blocks to make a lane change while impeding traffic behind you during rush hour, signalling is a nono.

It's rare to find a nice driver that will let you in if you signal, and you'll never be able to make a lane change if you signalled haha.

Spoons
07-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I always usually let people in when they are signalling, unless they pull the bullshit of everyone is in a single lane because the other lane ended, and then you get the one guy who comes and rips down the empty lane till the last second expecting me to let him in... fuck that.

rage2
07-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Ya, I still let people in when they signal too, but in rush hour, I'm still an asshole driver. It's the only way to get home.

Honestly tho, what we call "asshole drivers" is the norm in most big cities. You'll be labelled the asshole for driving slow, holding up traffic. Even with my Calgary rush hour asshole driver training, I was a weak driver in Chicago, got honked at constantly lol.

KRyn
07-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Amen brother.

Tik-Tok
07-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by rage2
People obviously don't want to be 1 second later going home

Yeah, but if you let 60 people in, that's a whole MINUTE! Don't you realize how important everyone else is these days?

TC2002
07-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Hey Silver!
Sux to hear, but I agree that it is everyday in Calgary now. I'm convinced that a whole lot of them are new idiots to the city, changing the way people drive in this city for the worse.

Then again... I hate letting some old guy (or young and paranoid dude) in who signals, and he sloooowly drifts into the lane and takes up two lanes for a whole minute until he decides that it's actually okay and that I'm letting him in. :rolleyes:

SilverGS
07-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Hmmm I always signal in rush hour and it's not usually too bad. Yeah theres a lot of getting cutting off and you cutting off as well. I have to be quite agressive though to make sure they don't accelerate on you. Signal and move over a bit to make your intentions even more clear. Of course I run into the fill the gap assholes which I then try and cut off in due course.

I expect to get cut off and what not in rush hour but not get sideswipped where I have to slam on the brakes to the point of screaching my tires and having to turn out of my lane to avoid getting hit.

SilverGS
07-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by TC2002
Hey Silver!

Then again... I hate letting some old guy (or young and paranoid dude) in who signals, and he sloooowly drifts into the lane and takes up two lanes for a whole minute until he decides that it's actually okay and that I'm letting him in. :rolleyes:

True thats why I usually accelerate fast when someone lets me in as to not inconvenience them more for being nice.

All in all courtesy and common sense just seems to take second place road rage and stupidity.

03ozwhip
07-26-2007, 04:10 PM
i hate the part on barlow right beside max bell where everyone knows the lane is ending and they had alot of opportunities to get in, but the insist on going directly to the end and then try and get in, like FUCK YOU i was in the lane the whole time and you pass me to cut me off, ya fuckin right im gonna let you in. anyone know what im talking about? or am i an asshole driver too?

Hakkola
07-27-2007, 06:38 PM
LOL, sucker. I'm one of those guys that always takes the empty lane as far as I can, and I always signal and people always let me in.

I can think of one time in the past month when somebody didn't let me in when I signalled, and I just speed up and instead of being right in front of him, I was 5 cars in front of him. :D