PDA

View Full Version : Idiots driving down 17thave

89coupe
07-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Just ranting about all the idiots that speed down 17thave. I damn near got hit last night pulling onto 17thave at the Wendy's by some fuck tard in a silver RSX going well over the speed limit. I was so tempted to turn around and chase him down so I could bitch slap the stupid fuck.

Slow the fuck down, its not Deerfoot.

dieselpower91
07-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Agreed. 17th ave is for cruising slowing and checking out all the ass!

SunniSunShine
07-26-2007, 11:18 AM
i notice a lot of people rip down there. its ridiculous especially when you consider how very little room you actually have!

bobby_lu
07-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Its all those WCHS that just got their license.

Justing
07-26-2007, 11:39 AM
yea i notice that too... alot of riced out cars with there systems bangin.

i dunno but i dont think your impresssing anyone considering the amount of high eng luxury and exotics that cruise 17th

mix123
07-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Were you atleast getting a "Baconator" at wendy's?

Boosted_TL
07-26-2007, 12:30 PM
17th will never be under control. To many op's to "show-off" or drive by BOV, and then theres the shell's angels. (not saying all of them) :D

PINOY-X
07-26-2007, 12:37 PM
ahah ur complaining about 17th? ... what do u expect at a place like dat ... bars/pubs/lounges everywhere and HOT SEXY girls ... hummmm ull get alot of stupid drivers showing off!!

ahah sigh ......

Toms-SC
07-26-2007, 12:44 PM
It started with the ricer fly by, followed by the drive by v tec, and now the greatest of them all the drive by BOV.

watch_obsessed
07-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Here's a question for everyone.

Why is it that everytime we see one of these guys blow by, we say to each other "wow, that guy's cool. What a retard." I'm sure in the past these guys must have thought the same about people who blew by with their cars, because I have never heard of a single person say "Wow, I thought that was awesome!"

Yet somehow, when they're in the situation and the opportunity presents itself, they do the exact thing they used to hate.

Don't know if I'm making any sense, but if I'm not, just ignore me.

89coupe
07-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by PINOY-X
ahah ur complaining about 17th? ... what do u expect at a place like dat ... bars/pubs/lounges everywhere and HOT SEXY girls ... hummmm ull get alot of stupid drivers showing off!!

ahah sigh ......

I expect people to slow the fuck down. There is nothing cool about ripping down 17thave at excessive speeds. All that shouts is, "Hey, I'm a fucking retard, look at me!"

PINOY-X
07-26-2007, 01:06 PM
yea people should .. but its "cool" to them ... :burnout: :burnout:

Argentis
07-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Well there seem to be quite a few people out there who thinks any attention is good attention ...

89coupe
07-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Maybe the city should put up speed cameras, that would slow the young punks down.

rsxtypes
07-26-2007, 01:24 PM
yeah i live on 18th sw right by that 7-11
just like someone said earlier, with all the ferrari's, 911 turbo's, lambos, and fuckin bentleys down there, my drive by vtech isn't nearly as impressive as a 360 rolling at around 10km/h....lol...not to say that i haven't sped down 17th before, but since i live right there i have some respect for ppl that around walking and getting out of their cars on the extremely narrow streets (especially the right lane)
usually if i'm speeding its because of all the moronic ppl deciding to go left at the last second!

Takahashi
07-26-2007, 01:29 PM
I let the BOV sing on 17th once in a while, stupid ricer me....

:(

Konj
07-26-2007, 01:34 PM
What they need to do is turn 17th ave into a two lane road ( the two lanes oposing each other so two way traffic ) and then with all the extra room they should turn it into parking in angles like in Europe if you know what i mean goes something like this / / / / /. The rest should be turned into bigger patios and walking sidewalk.

We should put this together better and bring it up to city council.

kinda like this
http://www.west-hartford.com/GRAPHICS/WHCenter/Farmington_Avenue.jpg

nismodrifter
07-26-2007, 02:17 PM
^stupid as hell idea. You do realize all of those cars that have parked in angles have to back out...which means cars on the road have to stop....which means traffic builds up behind it...which means people get pissed...which means people will end up getting shot/stabbed/beat because of road rage.

That design works in a small town, not on a main road like 17th in a city with a population of 1 million+. They have that kind of setup in Saskatoons downtown center and it works fine because the city is not too big, but even in Saskatoon it gets annoying during rush hour when you have people backing out and you just want to get through as fast as possible.

03ozwhip
07-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Takahashi
I let the BOV sing on 17th once in a while, stupid ricer me....

i can admit i have been known to do this, but not on purpose, when people piss me off i usually speed up and go around them and give them my angry face real quick and the BOV goes off, i cant stop it i swear!

Annoyingrob
07-26-2007, 04:50 PM
The next fad will be open dump flyby :)

Konj
07-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
^stupid as hell idea. You do realize all of those cars that have parked in angles have to back out...which means cars on the road have to stop....which means traffic builds up behind it...which means people get pissed...which means people will end up getting shot/stabbed/beat because of road rage.

That design works in a small town, not on a main road like 17th in a city with a population of 1 million+. They have that kind of setup in Saskatoons downtown center and it works fine because the city is not too big, but even in Saskatoon it gets annoying during rush hour when you have people backing out and you just want to get through as fast as possible.

which means that people who want to go home should't take 17th ave anymore like no one takes stephen avenue to go home or to go through downtown... 17th ave is a main road yes but its only main road cause its so popular to go out for drinks and walk around not cause it connects one end of the city to the other... So therefore there are other routes around it just like when it was closed for Red Mile. I am going to disagree with you because I am from Europe and I lived there good portion of my life and Ive been to alot of European cities and all the big cities that are 5 times + bigger then Calgary ( atleast ) have a design like that on one of there popular roads where people go out.

cloud7
07-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Konj

17th ave is a main road yes but its only main road cause its so popular to go out for drinks and walk around not cause it connects one end of the city to the other...

Not exactly correct... 17 Avenue is a major street running east-west across the City from Macleod Trail to the west City Limit. According to the City's Daily Volume Figures (2005), the daily volume on 17 Avenue between 5 St and 8 St was 28000 vehicles/day and the volume on 17 Avenue west of 14 Street was 25000 veh/day. It is a main road not because it is popular for drinks (which constitute a small amount of traffic on 17 Avenue), it is simply a through route for many to get east-west from one end of the City to another. Therefore, I disagree with you about your proposed design. It would mean traffic chaos on 17 Avenue... more so than it is right now.

Getting back on topic, people should not be speeding on 17 Avenue, IMO, because of everything that's going on there.

infamous
07-31-2007, 12:09 PM
ok. i live downtown, and i drive down 17th every single day.

the reasons i hate it:

-people always wait until the last second to turn on their signal light
-people are to afraid to drive westbound in the right lane, they always have to swerve into the other lane
-people don't know how to park their suv's/trucks/cars/motorbikes/vans/whateverthefucktheyaredriving close enough to the curb to let traffic flow easier
-and you are almost always stuck behind someone either going 30 over or 20 under, and it's frustrating that you miss countless lights because they can't pay enough attention to their surroundings and see that the damn light is green
-people who slam on their brakes to look at women/cars. if it's that nice, park your car and then go look. don't block traffic cause there is another lambo parked on the side.

reasons i like it:

-nice cars, nice women
-that's it.

i try my best to stay off of it as much as possible, but at times it just doesn't work. but it's just as bad as the rest of the city.

edit: and as for the above posters thought of changing the design, i really don't think it would be a good idea. wayyyyy tooo much traffic. and if you think that it takes long to get from macleod trail to 14 st now, it would take hours if the road was set up that way. why? because people are ignorant and retarded when they are driving.

JGerke
07-31-2007, 02:33 PM
The reason we can do things like Europe?? we're not EUrope and people pay no attention and are straight up retarded...its like traffic circles...they work great for flowing traffic but when everyone is too afraid/ too stupid to use them it just clogs up everything. They need to get some hot 'entertainers' for during red lights to calm down everyone!

Takahashi
07-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

i can admit i have been known to do this, but not on purpose, when people piss me off i usually speed up and go around them and give them my angry face real quick and the BOV goes off, i cant stop it i swear!
me neither, i'm guilty as hell....

although i only do it when i speed up a little, nothing retarded, but with a blitz DD, you cant be quiet even if you tried....

Toms-SC
07-31-2007, 02:47 PM
psh psh psh psh psh psh psh psh psh psh

bobby_lu
07-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Annoyingrob
The next fad will be open dump flyby :)

Whats that? Taking a shit on someones window while driving by?

Annoyingrob
08-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by bobby_lu

Whats that? Taking a shit on someones window while driving by?
No, having a wastegate that dumps to atmosphere instead of being re-routed back into your exhaust.

Basically, on my car, it's a 2" exhaust right off my manifold, with no muffler. It's loud as hell.

stevo 27
08-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Annoyingrob

No, having a wastegate that dumps to atmosphere instead of being re-routed back into your exhaust.

Basically, on my car, it's a 2" exhaust right off my manifold, with no muffler. It's loud as hell.

hehe your not alone rob :angel:

urban.one
08-05-2007, 03:04 PM
17th is a disaster. it is a commuter street when it wasnt designed for the amount of traffic that calgary now has. as a previous poster said, you have a lot of people coming off or going to mcleod and it goes far west. you also have a lot of traffic coming off 4th, 8th, and 14th streets as well as richmond road. its a disaster during rush hour. too many many people making illegal left turns is another huge problem.

my biggest peave was mention already. people not being able to drive in the lane beside the parked cars and too many people not parking properly so youve really got 1 1/2 lanes of traffic and not 2.

the other problem is 17th sucks so bad that you have a lot of traffic using the adjacent residential streets. Royal ave is a disaster for the past couple of years. 5th st between 17th and elbow. then 26th ave to 1st and 25th ave from 4th street to macleod.