PDA

View Full Version : Babylon 5: The Lost Tales

Vagabond142
07-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Is anyone else super pumped about this movie coming out next Tuesday?

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hGAQMhRTwA

treg50
07-27-2007, 06:56 AM
The series was an epic piece of work and truly underrated but this trailer really doesn't do much for me. Good thing is it's straight to DVD. I don't think any B5 movie will ever do justice to match the 5 year story of the TV series, the Shadow story was just too excellent.

'Lost Tales' apparently takes place 10 years after the formation of the Inter-Stellar Alliance where the TV series ended. The ultimate would be a new TV series to cover the final 10 (or at least 5) years of B5 and Sheridan.

in*10*se
07-27-2007, 10:52 AM
shadow story > anything the writers will ever think of.

Vagabond142
07-29-2007, 03:08 AM
Umm.... in*10*se... you do know that all the Lost Tales movies are written and directed by JMS (the series creator) and produced by Douglas Netter (the guy that produced every bit of Babylon 5 ever made).

There are also reportedly 5 Lost Tales movies coming, and a series after that if the movies sell well (or so the rumors floating around the net say)

Also, as it is done in Vancouver, the special effects and CGI is all done by the studio that did Firefly and currently does BattleStar Galactica. In other words... it's gonna look freakin AWESOME in battle scenes :D

Oh, and ANY B5 show or spinoff that has Galen in it = pure awesome :) Technomages ftw :D

Vagabond142
07-30-2007, 03:55 PM
bumping as I am gonna be at Best Buy like 9 am to get this :D

Vagabond142
07-31-2007, 12:58 PM
After watching the two episodes on the DVD (could only find it at MusicWorld), all I have to say is:

OMFG.... when does the next installment come out o_O? :D

I realize that a lot of people will do a "Wtf?" to the first episode and a "o_O?" to the second espisode, but both were very very well done (typical JMS style), and, as he always does, I'm expecting the really action heavy episodes to be with the action heavy types from the series, ie the Garibaldi episode and the Lyta/Bester/Telepath War episode that is coming.

gatorade
08-01-2007, 02:46 PM
I thought the first episode was boring, second was good but not long enough

Vagabond142
08-02-2007, 12:05 PM
^^^^ well, the second episode had Galen, hence it is auto-awesome :D