PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler offers lifetime warranties...

roopi
07-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Need some sales. Sorry if it's a repost but I couldn't find it in the search:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/07/26/business/NA-FIN-COM-US-Chrysler-Warranties.php

whiskas
07-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Too bad they can't back it up with cars that are actually worth buying.

syb65
07-26-2007, 09:54 PM
but is that service every five yrs going to be $5000 with some kind of gimmick, also I think they are going to say that you must own the car for that lifetime, knowing that would be on average of 5 yrs or less.

roopi
07-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by syb65
but is that service every five yrs going to be $5000 with some kind of gimmick, also I think they are going to say that you must own the car for that lifetime, knowing that would be on average of 5 yrs or less.

Yeah it says that it is only valid for the original owner of the vehicle so you must buy it new. As for the cost of service that's hard to say. From reading the article I just figured it would need to have a major service every five years. I don't think much of that because when I buy new vehicles I always have them serviced by the dealership.

urban.one
07-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Right now its only in the USA with only plans of offering this in Canada.

Redlyne_mr2
07-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Its a very smart idea.. shows that the manuf. is backing their product however the average time a person keeps a vehicle is around 3 years so Chryslers liability is very minimal.

CTSV
07-27-2007, 11:03 AM
So is this warranty for the life of the car, which in Chrysler's case would be 3 years? (Don't they have a "best before date"?) Or is it the lifetime of the owner. If that is the case, I'd watch my back for their "hit teams". (Oh, he's dead, warranty denied!)

Team_Mclaren
07-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by CTSV
So is this warranty for the life of the car, which in Chrysler's case would be 3 years? (Don't they have a "best before date"?) Or is it the lifetime of the owner. If that is the case, I'd watch my back for their "hit teams". (Oh, he's dead, warranty denied!)

read again, its for the "orginial" owner. When the owner is dead, the ownership is transfered, so of course thats not covered.

CTSV
07-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Team
Yes that's what I meant! You missed the part about the hit teams. If they kill you they won't have to warranty the car. There that's the less subtle version.

Arthur Dent
07-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Its not in Canada anyway ...