PDA

View Full Version : Bad english and grammar

treg50
06-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Half the f-ing time I have no idea what some of the people on here are saying. Maybe you should get an education before you get all stupid into cars and sh*t. Yeah, I know it's summer... go to summer-school. If english is a second language for you then I understand. Aside from that, if english is your only language learn how to speak it. Spend more time on your homework and less time on annoying exhaust systems, stickers, and fancy lights.

Here's one example of what I mean:

My opinion of rice is cars that somehow share different manufacturers due to their badging.

What the hell is even being said here??!! lololol :banghead: :guns: :rofl:

B17a
06-24-2003, 08:25 AM
Only one man can help you out and his name is Zorro AMG!! Defender of all grammatical integrity! (I hope I spelled that alright for I do not want to feel his wrath!).:D

benyl
06-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Oh man, there are some classics on this forum...

I guess the problem is that half the people are 13 and are still in grade school. They don't know a verb from a noun.

Hash_man
06-24-2003, 11:33 AM
I guess the problem is that half the people are 13 and are still in grade school. They don't know a verb from a noun.

That is very true.

ZorroAMG
06-24-2003, 02:31 PM
Or an adjective from an acronym..:) Never Fear! ZorroAMG is here...I stand for truth, justice and the ability to NOT sound like a MORON while posting on Beyond.ca.

Weeeeeeeew! Weeeeeeeew! You there! The one about to type "Your" when you are supposed to type "You're"....STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD AND DROP YOUR MOUSE! What??? did you call me a "looser"? It's LOSER jackass. If you are going to insult me, at least get the spelling right.

Grammar Police out!

Wildcat
06-24-2003, 02:36 PM
there is also a very fine line between grammer policing and whoring... :D a line in which ZorroAMG often does a lil 2-step on... :thumbsup:

5.9 R/T
06-24-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
there is also a very fine line between grammer policing and whoring... :D a line in which ZorroAMG often does a lil 2-step on... :thumbsup:

Thats 'little' redneck. :rofl:

B17a
06-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Never Fear! ZorroAMG is here...I stand for truth, justice and the ability to NOT sound like a MORON while posting on Beyond.ca.

Dont' look here then http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=266472#post266472

Ben
06-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Woop Woop!!!

Backup has arrived!

FiveFreshFish
06-24-2003, 05:30 PM
Repost!

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
The most common glaring errors that I've seen involve the following:
- it's and its
- they're, there and their
- you're and your
- then and than
- lose and loose
- loser and looser
- who's and whose
- affect and effect
- allowed and aloud
- border and boarder
- alot (isn't a word)
- irregardless (isn't a word)
- improper use of apostrophe for pluralization
- lack of punctuation and run-on sentences
- improper capitalization

WTF? This shit is taught in elementary and junior high school. These skills are used on a daily basis, so why not do it properly? Some posts I've seen are written by what appears to be borderline functional illiterates.

Sadly, written English is the most neglected everyday skill. People just don't care if there's a grammatical or spelling error, but how would much would you care if the carpenter building your house can't do fractions? What if the woman doing payroll can't do basic arithmetic when she adds up the hours on your time card?

Fuck, have some pride in what you write. Make it easier for others to read and you'll clearly convey your thoughts. It doesn't take a lot of effort to do so. I know some folks write exactly as they speak, but sometimes it only makes sense to the author.

Okay, enough ranting. This is a chat forum and not real life. Back to regularly scheduled programming. By the way, I'm not an English teacher.

hjr
06-24-2003, 05:59 PM
cum on guyz, leav them alone. alot of folkz just dont car aboot it.

Abom
06-24-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by hjr
cum on guyz, leav them alone. alot of folkz just dont car aboot it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

redline_13000
06-24-2003, 06:20 PM
wut tha hel are u talking about? every1 on this forum noes how too spell ok? stop making stoopid posts about there posts ok.

Ben
06-24-2003, 06:23 PM
http://www.raceworx.com/funnypics/smartchart.jpg

redline_13000
06-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Ben
http://www.raceworx.com/funnypics/smartchart.jpg

ben, you must have alot of time on your hands:rofl:

Ben
06-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000

ben, you must have alot of time on your hands:rofl: