PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys.

EMAXX
06-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Hi, I'm 13 years old right now and I just really love cars. I'm really thinking about a BMW 325 or 328 newer model, around like 01 or so when I can drive. It would have to have a manual shift. What do you guys think would be a good car?

RC-Cola
06-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Sure BMW's are great cars aslong as you have $25,000 to $30,000 that is going to be kicking around in the next three years. If you can save an extra $10,000 on top of that you you mod it pretty nicely to get a really nice car. Oh and don't forget the $500 - $1000 it's going to cost you for insurance...

Oh ya and of course it would have to be manuel shift... lol :rolleyes:

Roadrage
06-24-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by RC-Cola
Oh and don't forget the $500 - $1000 it's going to cost you for insurance...

Just in case you didn't know...that'll be per month.

JustinL
06-24-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by EMAXX
Hi, I'm 13 years old right now and I just really love cars. I'm really thinking about a BMW 325 or 328 newer model, around like 01 or so when I can drive. It would have to have a manuel shift. What do you guys think would be a good car?

How come this Manuel character gets to do all the shifting!? I have to slap his mexican hand every time he tries that shit with me.

Soon Manuel will be trained to sit quietly and keep his grubby little mits off the shifter.

:banghead:

Justin

mad_psyentist
06-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Hi, I'm 13 years old right now and I just really love cars. I'm really thinking about a BMW 325 or 328 newer model, around like 01 or so when I can drive. It would have to have a manual shift. What do you guys think would be a good car?

Yo man, just from personal experience, don't get a swank ride right off the mark when you get your license. If history has taught us anything, it's that the first car you learn to drive will utterly be driven into the dirt, especially a manual. You gage distances, speed and everything incorrectly when you first start off, and you're bound to pop curbs, grind gears, hit parked cars, bottom out and run over parking blocks. My advice: Get something to bomb around in for your first couple of years... so you can beat the crap outta that one first. THEN once you learn the real rules of driving (EG. cross the road to avoid little old ladies in boats, old asian women drivers and men in hats) get your BMW. I'd cry if I dinged a BMW.

That, and you'll pay out the ass on insurance for a BMW at your age.

Kona9
06-24-2003, 06:13 PM
HEY JUSTIN Manuel might be a mexican nuisance but he is learning dammit. Give him a break. hahahahahahahahaha. cheers

Abom
06-24-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by mad_psyentist
you're bound to pop curbs, grind gears, hit parked cars, bottom out and run over parking blocks.

damn them curbs and parking blocks, the amount of times I've curbed my wheels at night because of my GTS headlight blackouts, god damn it :D

tommy1223
06-24-2003, 07:29 PM
yea...no parent will buy their kid a 01 BMW unless they are FILTHY rich...i mean FILTHY!!! cuz it'll drain their money well in seconds....

Y start BIG, people are just gonna hate u and key ur car cuz people do that to young kids with nice cars...go with something cheaper and learn how to work on cars THEN get a better car so the cost of matainence will be low cuz u know what ur doing and not get ripped off by them dealers that charge every little thing like 200 bucks.

mad_psyentist
06-25-2003, 06:49 AM
My first car hit everything in town and then some. I even missed the road turning out of a driveway in the boonies, popped through a ditch and managed to jam the engine out of one of the mounting brackets. heh... I sucked as a new driver, yeah I admit it.

EMAXX
06-25-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by tommy1223
yea...no parent will buy their kid a 01 BMW unless they are FILTHY rich...i mean FILTHY!!! cuz it'll drain their money well in seconds....

My parents aren't buying it for me. I'm buying it.

B17a
06-25-2003, 09:10 AM

My parents aren't buying it for me. I'm buying it.

Holy shit! You're 13 and considering buying an 01 3-series? Please tell me how you're making your cash because if at that age you can afford one I need to get into what you're doing! :eek: :D

bosa
06-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Good to see another younger user on here [GaGe] and my age. :thumbsup:

But how the hell are you going to be able to afford this? :dunno:

EMAXX
06-25-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by B17a

Holy shit! You're 13 and considering buying an 01 3-series? Please tell me how you're making your cash because if at that age you can afford one I need to get into what you're doing! :eek: :D

I've been saving my money and I have had a few paper routes, I shovel drives in the winter and mow lawns and I've been doing that for about 3 years now and I don't spend any money when I get some on my birthday and Christmas and any other reason. I collect every single penny.

B17a
06-25-2003, 01:09 PM

I've been saving my money and I have had a few paper routes, I shovel drives in the winter and mow lawns and I've been doing that for about 3 years now and I don't spend any money when I get some on my birthday and Christmas and any other reason. I collect every single penny.

Damn man, that's admirable but you'd need like a 1500% compounded growth rate if not more to make those pennies turn into a $40G nest egg. But good on you!:thumbsup:

EMAXX
06-25-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by B17a

Damn man, that's admirable but you'd need like a 1500% compounded growth rate if not more to make those pennies turn into a $40G nest egg. But good on you!:thumbsup:

Next year I'm going to get a job somewhere. Maybe I'll rent out movies at my parents store or something.

szw
06-25-2003, 03:10 PM
Well keep saving and working hard. You probably won't have enough for the BMW, but if you really save you'll have a lot more than most kids your age and can get something still pretty nice.

Save money now, and keep saving in Highschool..harder to save money when you are 17 compared to when you are 13.

And if you really wanna save money...never get a girlfriend!

Abom
06-25-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by szw
And if you really wanna save money...never get a girlfriend!

:werd: :rofl:

Scat
06-25-2003, 03:35 PM
Yeah EMAXX

Start out with a beater. Learn to physically drive before worrying about getting a car. You have a few years left ahead of you.

I started out with a P.O.S. '84 Honda Prelude. Thats how I learned to drive standard. Then I got am '85 Nissan 300zx. You gotta work your way up. Now I will probably start getting into Auto-X this summer with my car.

Baby steps is what you gotta do. Its a lot more rewarding that way

Stratus_Power
06-25-2003, 03:36 PM
if paper route can get u a BMW then we should all be driving ferrari... i doubt you'll even be able to handle the insurance ALONE

mad_psyentist
06-26-2003, 07:00 AM
Well, I think it's excellent that he's starting out at 13 instead of waiting until he's 16-17 and trying to get loans and whatnot to buy a car. Sure, he may not save $50K in 3 years, but he'll save enough to buy a good learning car to beat into the ground. It's all a big learning experience, and kudos to EMAXX for it!

EMAXX
06-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by mad_psyentist
Well, I think it's excellent that he's starting out at 13 instead of waiting until he's 16-17 and trying to get loans and whatnot to buy a car. Sure, he may not save $50K in 3 years, but he'll save enough to buy a good learning car to beat into the ground. It's all a big learning experience, and kudos to EMAXX for it!

Thanks dude. My parents have offered me like $5 but i was like no, I want to be able to say that I bought my first car and it was a BMW.:D

Abom
06-26-2003, 11:26 AM
Thanks dude. My parents have offered me like $5 but i was like no, I want to be able to say that I bought my first car and it was a BMW.:D

You can buy your own BMW, but not a brand new / slightly used one. Think more in the 1994/1995 year range :thumbsup:

EMAXX
06-26-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Abom

You can buy your own BMW, but not a brand new / slightly used one. Think more in the 1994/1995 year range :thumbsup:

I was really thinking about th 97 model. I just really like that.

RiceCake
06-27-2003, 01:33 AM
Damn you'll be needing to save really hard cuz BMW maintenance, insurance, parts etc are not cheap.

:eek:

FiveFreshFish
06-27-2003, 01:43 AM
Get an E30 if you're set on a Bimmer. Sure they're older but a lot cheaper. The money you save can be put towards your second car.

It's a smaller car that's even narrower than a 4th gen Civic so that makes it really easy to handle, especially for a new driver.

Wildcat
06-27-2003, 02:43 AM
shit manuel gets around alot... that lil mexican slut, i told him to stop fuckin around! :D

MistaBrent
06-27-2003, 03:22 AM

:nut:

Troy
06-27-2003, 03:49 AM
when I was 14 I was like ya im gonna get a new car when im sixteen! ive been saving all my money since on a $7/h job 2 years later I have a whole 9.5 thousand w0o0...good luck on that beamer tho :D

nickyh
06-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Right now with the new licensing rules you may just find that when you have a drivers license there will be better cars out on the road.
'Sides - have you looked at the G35's?

besides - if you like getting F#kd by the insurance co's - go fot it!