PDA

View Full Version : BMW driving school?

SilverRex
07-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Has anyone experienced or went to a BMW driving school? how was it and comments are welcome.

I know there is one in the east, is there one offered in vancouver/BC?

there seem to be so much more if you head to the US, but anyhow would like to know from someone who tried it.

difference between going to the basic courses to advance ones.

thanks ;)

CTSV
07-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Are you specifically interested in BMW. If so, check bmwclub.ca/schools/index.html There is all sorts of info there.
If you just want driving school and live in Calgary, I believe Allen Berg does it at race city.
By the way, I went on a factory BMW tour this summer in Munich. Great tour, I think I was only one who wasn't a BMW owner though, so I kept quiet about what I drive. Oh, it was in English!

De Dutch
07-27-2007, 12:44 PM
If you're refering to the school offered through Calgary BMW at Race City Speedway, it is AWESOME. I've done it twice now, it is a full day affair, and its a blast. You will not regret it.

Altezza
07-27-2007, 01:05 PM
I know people who did the BMW driver training in TO. They absolutely loved it. Then again, these people aren't at the track every weekend so it was fresh and new experience to them. The school is done in BMW supplied vehicles...so you don't bag on your own car.

I've done the xDrive event in Toronto. It's not exactly driver training, but the event is held at the same location, same instructors, similar setup, same organizers. Great people and very friendly (unlike your typical BMW driver!
:devil: )

topher91
07-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by De Dutch
If you're refering to the school offered through Calgary BMW at Race City Speedway, it is AWESOME. I've done it twice now, it is a full day affair, and its a blast. You will not regret it.

WHAT?! How much?!

JAYMEZ
07-27-2007, 01:56 PM

:werd:

It was so much fun!

Super_Geo
07-27-2007, 02:06 PM
How much for the full day BMW course at Racy City? And do you have to bring your own car?

rage2
07-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Yes you have to bring your own BMW. Cars there ranged from E30 318's to X5's to M5's. So any BMW works.

JCX
07-27-2007, 02:09 PM

My sister was out there in her 330 and loved it. Money well spent.

97'Scort
07-27-2007, 03:48 PM
How do we get in on these? I'd love to pick up some tips.

SOAB
07-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
How do we get in on these? I'd love to pick up some tips.

here's a tip. shoulder check and use your signals.
thank you come again.

97'Scort
07-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

thank you come again.

What'd I ever do to you, asshat?

liquidboi69
07-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

thank you come again.

he doenst need a tip, hes not stoopid, he drives a BMW

yea i know its old... but i can't help it :D

SOAB
07-27-2007, 11:28 PM

it's a joke you pirate hooker.

Justing
07-28-2007, 10:53 AM

its cuz bmw drivers are stuck up asses who think they are too good to shoulder check, use signals, or thank other drivers when they let you in.

p.s. bmw drivers have shit that dont stink.

srsly tho, how much does this course cost, anymore planned for this summer? i would LOVE to do it.

Altezza
07-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Not sure how much it is locally, but for driver training organized by BMW Canada in Toronto:

Advanced I - $300
Advanced II - $500
Perfection $900

Advanced I/II provides a fleet of 335i in auto and manual tranny.

Perfection provides a fleet of M3 coupes.

avow
07-28-2007, 06:04 PM
oh i am most certainly going to have to look into this. that souds like almost too much fun