PDA

View Full Version : Would parts places have A/C stuff?

Horatio
06-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Hey all. I'm probably going to need to scrounge a couple of parts for an upcoming air conditioning intall on my '99 hatchback and I'm debating where to get parts from. Would places like Auto Value or Canadian Tire (or insert suggestion here) have them? I'm pretty sure that Honda should be able to get the parts I'll need but I'd like to see what the cheaper places have to offer.

Many thanks,

Greg

Hash_man
06-24-2003, 11:36 AM
Ya, I have a question about a/c stuff as well. The free-on just went about a year ago in the accord so i don't think there is a leak, and I want to get the free-on replaced. Where is the best, and a fairly cheap place to get this done.?

Dr. Lightspeed
06-25-2003, 12:18 AM
You could buy your AC parts form Canadian Tire or preferably a Bumper to Bumper. The quality is so much better at jobber stores. As for cheap place because it is an 89 they will probally want to do a retrofit DO NOT LET ANY BODY PUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN R134 in your system no matter what they say. If you have more questions PM me I am a refrigeration Tech and instruct my guys in doing this work all the time.