PDA

View Full Version : Removing an ashphault driveway from backyard?

Legless_Marine2
07-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Just bough a new house, and part of my backyard has been sacrificed for an ashphault driveway, which I don't want.

How the heck can I get rid of this? Shovel, crowbar, pickaxe, and sledgehammer seem useless against this rubber mess.

Is there any option short of hiring someone with a bobcat?

What are my options to get rid of the lefover ashphault chunks once I'm done?

Thanks in advance,
LM.

stevo 27
07-28-2007, 08:39 PM
well start from the edge go a foot down with a 5-6 foot steel pole
put a pivet point heat up the ashphault with a torch and go to town dunno if i explain this well enough but i know it works

FiveFreshFish
07-28-2007, 08:55 PM
You have to take the waste to one of the city dumps.

Sophal
07-28-2007, 11:58 PM
bring it to this place to dump http://www.eccowaste.com/ cheaper than the city to dump ashphault.

Supa Dexta
07-29-2007, 08:21 AM
depending on how solid it is you may be able to pick axe it away,.. But it all reality thats quite a lot of work, and then you still need to pick it all up.. I think I'd find some bobcat company maybe even a little track hoe, and have them come in smash and grab and be on there way, would only be an hour or 2 for them.. But remember theres going to be gravel under it, that will have to go too, and replaced with top soil...

ChokeEmOut
07-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
depending on how solid it is you may be able to pick axe it away,.. But it all reality thats quite a lot of work, and then you still need to pick it all up.. I think I'd find some bobcat company maybe even a little track hoe, and have them come in smash and grab and be on there way, would only be an hour or 2 for them.. But remember theres going to be gravel under it, that will have to go too, and replaced with top soil...

I Agree.

Tearing up that ashphalt is ALOT of work, especially by the sound of the size of it.

I would recomend renting a smaller back hoe.

Legless_Marine2
07-29-2007, 10:09 PM
I really appreciate the replies - Thanks guys, and thanks to those who emailed me recommendations.

Freeskier
07-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Rent a jackhammer....and earplugs...i used one on some concrete that the company i worked for poured incorrectly. It worked. It took longer than a bobcat, but shorter than a pickaxe

Legless_Marine2
08-05-2007, 02:38 AM
Question:

It appears it's going to cost me several hundred dollars to dispose of this asphault, but I've heard that I may be able to avoid this with "asphault recycling".

Can anyone point me towards an Aspault recycler?

theken
08-05-2007, 04:06 AM
burnco, lafarge, inland, they reuse stuff, call them all see if they want it, if not dump it in the bow, its a shit hole anyways