PDA

View Full Version : Who was a Race City on Friday during the day? What school was this?

kevie88
07-28-2007, 08:21 PM
So apparently there was a small time car racing school at Race City on Friday.. anyone know who this was? It turns out their event was going to be cancelled but no one could get in touch with the group. There was a paving crew out working on the track AND THE STUPID FOOLS RAN THEIR TRACKDAY ANYWAY!! A paving crew mwmber was nearly hit by a car on the track, which led to the whole paving team packing up and leaving.*

I've seen a number of trackdays for motorcycles being postponed and run a few days or weeks after repairs with no complaints, I can't understand why this "school" (If it can be called that after pulling a stunt like that and putting people's lives at risk) could not have rescheduled their trackday.

Can someone tell me who would possibly be so irresponsible as to run at the same time as a track is being resurfaced? I'm absolutely appalled that this would even happen. Someone let me know what organization was putting the school on.

*Also, please let me know if my facts are incorrect, as I've only gotten this info second hand from people who were there.

soloracer
07-28-2007, 08:30 PM
At secret street I saw the Ariel Atom Driving Experience trucks parked there. Can't say if they were just setting up for the weekend or if they had just finished.

Ultimately, the responsibility for this incident belongs with the Race City management. They should have informed the driving school of the paving and co-ordinated things accordingly. Just my $0.02

colsankey
07-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Now ths school was foolish to have drivers on the track while there was work being done. However there should have been someone from Race City there in person to handle things, especially if no one could contact the school's managemeny team as you said.

urban.one
07-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Id blame the management or owners of the track.

If youve rented out the track to a paying customer (the school), why would get construction workers out on the same day?

Why blame the race school for the worker nearly getting hit? Why dont the workers packup and go home? If Im paying good cash for the school and track time, Id want some sort of assurances from track management that we will be reimbursed or given track time in the near future.

What if the school packed up and went home and then the track manager told them too bad, so sad, you had your track time and didnt use it.

kevie88
07-29-2007, 02:38 PM
^ They never do that.. Our track days are reimbursed with another day if we can't run. I've never seen them screw anyone over. Not saying it couldn't possibly happen but RC has always been good to the motorcycle community anyway!

4wheeldrift
07-29-2007, 02:43 PM
There have been some teething pains with the new management. I'm sure everything will get sorted out eventually, the communication could use some improvement for sure tho. To their credit, at least they *ARE* paving, some of the asphalt out there was getting pretty bad.

kevie88
07-29-2007, 02:48 PM
^agreed. I liked the new patches that were redone for the Superbike nationals, they were pretty smooth all in all. Too bad the surface wasn't prepped correctly and it pulled up.