PDA

View Full Version : Saw the new Subaru Imprezas at Subaru

YoungFledge
07-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Ya.. was driving to go to that classic car show today at stanley park and saw the new subarus at the Subaru dealer there on macleod.

The 4 doors dont look as bad as i thought they would. Still nowhere near as good as last years, but not as bad looking in person as it is in pictures.

thoughts?

jay42w8
07-28-2007, 11:29 PM
blah...I'm starting to wish I got the Lancer GTS instead of the Mazda 3 though...but the Impreza was never a consideration for me, too ugly imo

4wheeldrift
07-29-2007, 01:38 PM
I took a walk earlier to have a look since I was bored, and I have to say the photos I've seen don't really do the car justice. Damn magazines take these stupid low angle shots that make it look really tall and badly proportioned.

The body style is much better suited to the wagons tho. The sedans look kind of chunky, the proportions suit the 5 door much better. The wagons look very muscular. I was a bit disappointed with the interiors, they're still pretty plain looking for a 30k car. I'm going to have to pop by the dealer when they're open and take one for a spin.

l/l/rX
07-29-2007, 01:43 PM
i think we're picking up an 08 impreza 2.5i* soon, my parents want to buy it to give it to me n my bro. im not complaining by any means, the interior is not bad with nav n shit. that head unit is pretty sick.

its the exterior that'll have to rub off on me more.

gpomp
07-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
I took a walk earlier to have a look since I was bored, and I have to say the photos I've seen don't really do the car justice. Damn magazines take these stupid low angle shots that make it look really tall and badly proportioned.

The body style is much better suited to the wagons tho. The sedans look kind of chunky, the proportions suit the 5 door much better. The wagons look very muscular. I was a bit disappointed with the interiors, they're still pretty plain looking for a 30k car. I'm going to have to pop by the dealer when they're open and take one for a spin.
WTF, 4 wheel drift!!!!!!!

max_boost
07-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by gpomp

WTF, 4 wheel drift!!!!!!! Yeah no doubt, old schooler :D

I do not like the new Impreza but that's just me! :thumbsdow

4doorj
07-30-2007, 10:17 AM
maybe i will take a look at it sometime this week

4wheeldrift
07-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by gpomp

WTF, 4 wheel drift!!!!!!! lol long time no see

avow
07-30-2007, 07:27 PM
as ugly as the car is the new commercial i saw before the simpsons in the theaters was so good. (tried to find it on youtube, but no go :cry: )

Aleks
07-30-2007, 08:19 PM
I have already seen 3 wagon imprezas in the last 2 days. The back looks ok. Like I said people can whine all they want these things will most likely sell well.

The non WRX imprezas in the low to mid 20s are a great value with AWD and the average person is not as discrimitating about the looks. Look at how well the civics are selling :poosie:

SilverRex
07-31-2007, 07:17 AM
so is it true all the new 08 models prices for the subarus are marked down? or is it only the wrx model? anyone here confirm

SilverRex
07-31-2007, 07:26 AM
never mind, they are marked down on their canadian website. too bad only for the wrx.

now I am thinking, they are probabably trying to compete with the mazdaspeed 3, since now the wrx is lower 30s, and is as fast as the speed3 but with AWD. well depends how you look at it.

when the new lancer ralliart turbo comes out, it'll be some tight competition

heavyD
07-31-2007, 07:31 AM
Car & Driver doesn't exactly give a ringing endorsment of the new WRX. The last paragraph says it all:

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/13309/first-drive-2008-subaru-impreza-wrx.html?al=144

Aleks
07-31-2007, 08:07 AM
And this article indicates that the base imprezas are a great value in the Canadian market.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/08impreza.htm

Aleks
07-31-2007, 08:56 AM
More choices = better for the average buyer. Mitsu needs this model in the lineup.

http://i15.tinypic.com/6g0g8wx.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/61tw9cx.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/520yo07.jpg
http://i10.tinypic.com/52c7d01.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/54bd2lv.jpg

heavyD
07-31-2007, 12:23 PM
^^^
Ha Ha. WTF is that? The Lancer Trailer Park Edition?

Aleks
07-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
^^^
Ha Ha. WTF is that? The Lancer Trailer Park Edition?

I was thinking it's the WRX equivalent in the testing phase. So a turbo lancer but one model below the evo.

looks like an intercooler up front...

spyce
07-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

I was thinking it's the WRX equivalent in the testing phase. So a turbo lancer but one model below the evo.

that would be a pretty decent car actually
would be a good buy for those who cant pick up an evo

4doorj
07-31-2007, 01:45 PM
so i went to subaru calgary off barlow to check them out... they didnt have them there...
stood around for about 5-10 mins... no help at all... i was going to ask about it....
im actually starting to like them... very excited to check it out...

ill go check the one out on mccleod... maybe i might be replacing the eclipse

lint
07-31-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj
so i went to subaru calgary off barlow to check them out... they didnt have them there...
stood around for about 5-10 mins... no help at all... i was going to ask about it....
im actually starting to like them... very excited to check it out...

ill go check the one out on mccleod... maybe i might be replacing the eclipse

Looks like I'm not the only one who gets ignored at Subaru of Calgary. Everytime I've gone there to check out a car.

redblack
07-31-2007, 04:24 PM
I have gotten much better service at Centaur in the showroom and in the service dept than subaru calgary

Eleanor
08-02-2007, 05:04 AM
I've seen the ones lined up at Centaur, the wagons don't look too bad, still prefer 04/05 models of the Impreza.

Look at how well the civics are selling :poosie:

:rofl:

4doorj
08-02-2007, 08:10 AM
drove past them yesterday, very cool :thumbsup:

euro_racer
08-02-2007, 08:21 AM

i think that is the new 220 hp ralliart that they said will be comming out :thumbsup:

ex1z7
08-02-2007, 10:03 AM
it looks like a corolla now ...

4doorj
08-03-2007, 12:46 AM
what i posted in the picture section of the 08 wrx's

ok so i went and saw them today!!!
i think they are pretty sick

and very weird thing...
going in i thought the aftermarket grill was nicer
now that i actually saw it... i think the original grill looks nicer
this car has to be seen in person!!!
i like it alot

i also test drove the car!!!!
wow!!!!! almost no lag!!! the car handles amazing, brakes are awsome!!! super torkey! sooooo much fun!!!! i love it!
this is just my opinion of course, im coming from hondas with almost no torque

my wife likes the sedan better then the hatch, so if i decide to get one it might be the sedan that i will be getting instead.....

cityhunter2501
08-04-2007, 11:51 AM
drove down macleod this morning and saw either what looked like a wagon impreza or hb.
doesnt look that bad, wouldnt get one unless I get it for free though.