PDA

View Full Version : MRC Business Admin students?

CCM Pro
07-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey I am going (back) to MRC this September for Business Admin diploma-marketing...then transferring to U of L for BMgmt.

Is anyone else going there in this program this fall or is anyone second year or beyond?

Just kind of wondering what classes you are or have taken and what instructors to look for/avoid etc...

Thanks!

DUBBED
07-30-2007, 11:48 AM
IMO There is no such thing as a bad business instructor at MRC. Every class I've taken there had a great prof who was always willing to help those who put in the effort. The key is that you have to put in the effort.

MilanoRedTeg
07-30-2007, 11:54 AM
There was one woman in my experience that taught the E-Business course I forget her name though, but probably the worst class of my entire 4 year degree there mostly because of her teaching methods (very boring) and her tests required really specific answers. This was probably about a year and a half ago keep in mind, not sure if she is still there.

cressida_pimpin
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
I completed the marketing management diploma this April. I have now started at the U of L and taken three classes this summer. During my time at MRC all my instructors were good although Paul Varella for Strategic Management is a very hard marker. You're choosing to do your school in a smart way though. I learned ALOT!.Good luck:thumbsup:

CCM Pro
07-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks cressida...you will have to let me know how the U of L classes are...I already have a degree so I actually only have like 13 classes to take for the diploma which is nice.

Kobe
07-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Im in the program, Garry Taft (sp) was the greatest marketing prof I'v had so far...
Great guy, easy classes..

cressida_pimpin
07-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Garry Taft is the man, I had that guy for Advertising and Promotions!

CCM Pro
08-02-2007, 11:31 PM
cool...anyone else in this program?

cressida_pimpin
08-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Sergei Peregonochuck (sp?) teaches economics and is horrible. Stay away from him

Kobe
08-02-2007, 11:52 PM
who would u recommend for econ?

JAYMEZ
08-03-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by cressida_pimpin
Sergei Peregonochuck (sp?) teaches economics and is horrible. Stay away from him

:werd: , Worse teacher in the world..

three.eighteen.
08-03-2007, 05:27 AM
econ instructors are never business instructors...the guy i took econ 2201 with was awesome, gerard lucyshyn

Mitsu3000gt
08-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Gerry Taft X 3, that guy is the shit. Take as many classes as you can with him as possible. He teaches at the U of L Calgary Campus, not sure about MRC.

Other teachers that are really good are Martin Haworth and Don Haidey. He teaches at MRC and I think also U of L Calgary Campus.

Oh and Terry Protinuk? (sp) is a huge douche. He teaches at U of L Calgary Campus. He Teaches "Managerial Skills Development" which was hands down the largest waste of time and money I've seen in all my different classes. Test every single day to boot. I am also forced to take a HR class with him next semester and am not looking forward to it in the least.

Lorne Williams is a good guy, he teaches at U of L Calgary Campus. He teaches Research Methodology and Business Communications.

Terry Harbottle (U of L CC) teaches Finance, he is a nice guy but absolutely useless at teaching. The class average was extremely low.

I'll add more as the names come to me.

three.eighteen.
08-03-2007, 08:50 PM
oh i totally forgot, don fetherston for business law!