PDA

View Full Version : Be careful when selling a used car.....

frozenrice
07-30-2007, 01:29 PM
If you are going to curb your used car on public property, make sure that it is in the right spot where it is highly visible 24/7. The owner of this BMW was't so lucky. I've seen this car on the way home for the past few weeks. Today, I had to rush home from work for something and saw this as I passed by. I couldn't resist grabbing the camera and taking a few shots on the way back......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF1105.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF1104.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF1107.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF1106.jpg

scboss
07-30-2007, 01:30 PM
man thats shitty

l8braker
07-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Ballsy jacking rims on that busy road.

schocker
07-30-2007, 01:32 PM
i have always thought about that and how people just leave their cars for sale anywhere, no idea why someone would do that with an m3 and expect it to be magically protected.:dunno: owned i guess

frozenrice
07-30-2007, 01:34 PM
pwned for sure.

I know that road is busy during the day, but I'd suspect that at 2-3am it'd be quite dead.

KRyn
07-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Haha, I saw that BMW not to long ago with rims and tires. What an idiot.

Aleks
07-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Drove by last night around 7PM and he had all his wheels on. Must have happened last night late.

zoik
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
someone should grab the number off the window and call it! lol

shakalaka
07-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Wow...that blows for the owner!

hash
07-30-2007, 02:12 PM
yeah, sucks. but kind of dumb to be leaving a car like that out there. 10 year old rusty minivan, maybe. new m3 = bad idea.

avow
07-30-2007, 02:23 PM
it almost serves him right for doing it if you ask my opinion. having vehicles laying around on the side of roads everywhere makes me feel like i live in Compton.

bobby_lu
07-30-2007, 02:24 PM
I cant believe all the people ragging on the owner. Hah what BS, not the smartest move, but still, doesnt make it ok!

j0nblayz
07-30-2007, 02:30 PM
this proves wheel locks are useless..

frozenrice
07-30-2007, 02:30 PM
I really do feel kind of bad for the owner, but at the same time a big part of me can't help but laugh. :rofl:

Dooms_Bane
07-30-2007, 02:52 PM
haha thats so sad... where is this? i'd call the number to tell him his rims are gone hehe

Redlyne_mr2
07-30-2007, 02:59 PM
yah it sucks to see this happen in Calgary.

+GoOdS+
07-30-2007, 03:02 PM
drove past last night at 8 and it still had wheels, thats brutal.

alloroc
07-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Lol thieves prolly phoned him with a ransom for his wheels.

j0nblayz
07-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Where was this?

l8braker
07-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by j0nblayz
Where was this?

Right in front of the Canyon Meadows golf club off 14th St. SW & Anderson

j0nblayz
07-30-2007, 03:58 PM
i now remember seeing that car, drove by it couple days ago, i knew i saw that car some where.. that sucks.. can't believe this happened in calgary

ken-gsr
07-30-2007, 03:59 PM
wow, thats shitty lol.

adidas
07-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by avow
it almost serves him right for doing it if you ask my opinion. having vehicles laying around on the side of roads everywhere makes me feel like i live in Compton.

Have you ever been to Compton?

And that really sucks for the owner.

ChargedLextasy
07-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Next Ad on Beyond

Fs: M3 Rims **cheap**

ercchry
07-30-2007, 04:22 PM
i use to work with a guy that stole rims in his youth and i would say that this guy is lucky that they used the jack points on the car

he said that they would jack up the front on the oil pan and pull the jadck out and drop it, then jack up the back right near the edge and drop the back on the ground

now that would be a shitty day :whipped:

barmanjay
07-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Holy NUTS

I just saw this car the other day and commented to my GF about it

poor poor bastard!

those were fairly nice rims too,.. chromed bbs style i believe

zieg
07-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Someone call and ask if he's going to lower the price. :rofl:

01RedDX
07-30-2007, 05:28 PM

KGB
07-30-2007, 05:40 PM
drove around 12pm today the car was still there with no wheels on..... he is lucky the whole car didnt get jacked there is nobody on that road during midnight hours and no residential houses on eather side of the road for several meters, not a smart decision to leave it there for 3 weeks, feel bad for the owner tho some people are just naive that way :(

Boost Infested
07-30-2007, 05:58 PM
The owner must be stupid to leave the car there over night and many nights... another dumb fuck.

Alak
07-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Guy is a member of the golf club. I drive by the thing every day at least twice (or more) times. I drove by it about midnight and all was well. There was an SUV parked near it, as my wife recalls, but thats pretty normal there. They usually park there for overflow becayse lambo's take up 2 spaces.

dj_rice
07-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Anyone have the #?I'm gonna offer him $5G's to take as is

Hakkola
07-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

I'm sure he will take you up on the offer. :rolleyes:

dj_rice
07-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

I'm sure he will take you up on the offer. :rolleyes:

It was a joke..duhhh :nut: as if I'd pay 5G's for that...:nut:

avow
07-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by adidas

Have you ever been to Compton?

And that really sucks for the owner.
yea man. when i was way younger may family was driving down there made some wrong turns and guess where we ended up :S. A nice gentleman came up to the window of our minivan and told us to turn around or we would end up dead :rofl:

Hakkola
07-30-2007, 07:19 PM

It was a joke..duhhh :nut: as if I'd pay 5G's for that...:nut:

Haha. I wouldn't doubt people have been calling him and lowballing, it is like kicking the guy when he is already down and out. If it had after market rims he probably has the stock ones still.

pattyt
07-30-2007, 07:21 PM
hes not stupid...he drives a beemer ;)

well he used to at least

superboss
07-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Dude wheres the pictures cant find them?

dj_rice
07-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by superboss
Dude wheres the pictures cant find them?

At the top of the page??They work fine for me

woovic
07-30-2007, 07:46 PM
this proves wheel locks are useless..

The owner probably left the key to wheel locks in his glove box...

gram
07-30-2007, 07:51 PM
I feel sorry for the person that stole these when he/she finds out you actually have to own an M3 for these wheels to fit properly....good steal. Every person I know that has a M3 is definately looking for stolen stock duplicate wheels.:thumbsdow

Roger Moore
07-31-2007, 01:38 AM
This guy is NOT a member of the golfcourse. I drove into work today and was greeted by this. Very funny, but i hate thieves. Im sure we'll see those rims/wheels up for sale soon. hopefully not on this site.

T-Dubbs
07-31-2007, 02:06 AM
i thought it had oem wheels on it.....
regardless
stupid owner gets pwned!!

Jay911
07-31-2007, 09:55 AM

IB$12kcertifiedcheque

benyl
07-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by woovic

The owner probably left the key to wheel locks in his glove box...

Every BMW has the same wheel locks.

j0nblayz
07-31-2007, 10:20 AM
not true, i had oem wheel locks, and the keys from my old oem wheel locks were different size. I think theres couple different patterns bmw sells.

TNation
07-31-2007, 11:12 AM
not true, i had oem wheel locks, and the keys from my old oem wheel locks were different size. I think theres couple different patterns bmw sells.

i think thats true too

crewchaud
07-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by benyl

Keys are coded.

T78Supra1
07-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Not the worst thing that can happen,

He now gets a brand new set from the insurance company and his premiums won't go up.....

nj2Type-S
07-31-2007, 12:23 PM
^^^ are rims also insured automatically or would he have had to been paying extra for insurance for his rims?

dj_rice
07-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by T78Supra1
Not the worst thing that can happen,

He now gets a brand new set from the insurance company and his premiums won't go up.....

Maybe he jacked his own rims to get insurance payout? :dunno: :confused:

TegLover
07-31-2007, 05:32 PM

you sure about that one? they wouldn't be "locks" if they were the same DUH

wheel locks are not lug bolts

frozenrice
07-31-2007, 06:11 PM
:confused: I drove by there again today and the car appears to be untouched. I wonder what's going on. Maybe the owner really doesn't know......I wonder if the golf club even cares that there's an abandoned car at their doorstep.

TE4MFaint
07-31-2007, 06:22 PM
Someone call and ask for a test drive? :burnout:

lilmira
07-31-2007, 06:26 PM
May be he took the wheels off so no one can steal the car. ;)

frozenrice
07-31-2007, 06:27 PM
^^^lol. He didn't do a very good job then.......

gram
07-31-2007, 06:28 PM
And caused something like 15 grand of damage to the under carriage? I doubt it. Poor guy/girl will have to get the whole bottom of the car repainted/dents fixed brakes replaced and rims obviously now cause someone wanted the factory wheels for a car.

LAME if you ask me..

Mibz
07-31-2007, 06:42 PM
I thought about theft risks when I drove past that thing a couple days ago but concluded that he must've been a member of the club and confirmed that there were security cameras on the front gate area.

Obviously not.

TegLover
07-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by gram
And caused something like 15 grand of damage to the under carriage? I doubt it. Poor guy/girl will have to get the whole bottom of the car repainted/dents fixed brakes replaced and rims obviously now cause someone wanted the factory wheels for a car.

LAME if you ask me..

15K damage? LOL you're a funny guy, dented brakes? do you have any idea how thick rotors are? and you think the undercarriage has "paint"? don't speak if you don't know.

you're right its lame but so is you post haha

gram
08-01-2007, 01:06 PM
You don't think 3000lbs supported on rotors will damage them? sorry dude...yes a car dropping on it's rotors will destroy the rotors. They are strong but warp easily (even heat can warp them they aren't that strong)

The exhaust being pushed in to the floor of the car and all the other neat stuff that happens when there are no tires supporting the weight will cause a lot of damage and Beemers are not cheap to fix.

I guess I should have explained a little bit more but I thought it was pretty obvious that the exhaust and certain other components will not like being pushed up against the undercarriage, yes it does break stuff when that happens.

Go look under your car , unibody cars the do have the bottom painted (how else would they prevent the car from rusting..some have undercoating added afterwards but yes the underneath of the car (frame) which is part of the unibody structure is painted.

TegLover
08-01-2007, 01:22 PM
ok i think you are seriously blind or need new glasses.

Why don't you try pointing out to me where the exhaust is being jacked up? from what i can see the exhaust was not touched, who the fuck would waste time jacking up the exhaust when all it will do is crush its self. Even when the car is on all 4 rotors it won't damage the exhaust.

Secondly the car is on a gravel road and there isn't 3000lbs on the rotors thats leaning on the ground, go take some physics courses. I will bet you money that those rotors are fine. The warping you are talking about takes alot of heat, heat=warp dumbass.

Totally 15K worth of damage:rolleyes:

rc2002
08-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by TegLover

Actually, most people use the terms "locking lugs" and "wheel locks" interchangeably. When you say wheel locks, it's just assumed that you mean wheel lock nuts.

Crappy deal for the owner nonetheless.

benyl
08-01-2007, 01:30 PM

BMW only has 20 different "wheel lock" lug bolts. It is inexpensive to get a collection at $5 / piece.

Go and scope out the car to find out which OEM lug it has. bring it with you or buy it off ebay and bam, new set of wheels.

gram
08-01-2007, 01:38 PM
ok i think you are seriously blind or need new glasses.

Why don't you try pointing out to me where the exhaust is being jacked up? from what i can see the exhaust was not touched, who the fuck would waste time jacking up the exhaust when all it will do is crush its self. Even when the car is on all 4 rotors it won't damage the exhaust.

Secondly the car is on a gravel road and there isn't 3000lbs on the rotors thats leaning on the ground, go take some physics courses. I will bet you money that those rotors are fine. The warping you are talking about takes alot of heat, heat=warp dumbass.

Totally 15K worth of damage:rolleyes:

How much do you think just *ONE* M3 wheel with tire is? Maybe you should think about this. Insurance will put NEW wheels on the car....now take one wheel multiply that by 4 you will already be well over 6 grand for wheels alone. Maybe you want to call the dealer cause I'm sure you will come back with some sort of reply that makes no sense. The resale value of M3 wheels may not be high but when they are buying them brand new they sure are going to be damn expensive. Add to that exhaust, possibly brake rotors which would most likely be bent from the impact of the car falling on them . The undercarriage which is most likely bent now from various parts also being crushed in to it, a few dents to the underbody that will have to be repainted for sure and you can easily be at the 15 grand mark. I'm done with arguing with you anyways but there will be a huge repair bill to the car even if it's only wheels.

ercchry
08-01-2007, 01:55 PM
fuck guy look at the pics the guy has a jack under there still and there is bricks on the other side

have you ever used that type of jack? they dont fall quickly

calepeters
08-01-2007, 01:58 PM
hey that car is just around the corner from my house ahaha, ya i saw it, feel bad

gram
08-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Why do so many people think someone that is stealing a car's rims is actually using the correct jacking points/proceudres? as if they care if the car falls on the groud or not when they are stealing the rims. Anyone using logic would know that they are not going to spend the time to carefully place the jack and return it back to the correct height to take it out for every wheel. They probably and most likely would jack the car up and then kick the jack out dropping the car after the wheel was off then move to the next rim.

ercchry
08-01-2007, 02:20 PM
do pics not show up on your comp? or are you blind and have someone discribing the whole thread to you?

the jack is right there in plain sight and i can see it is in fact in the right location, why? i dont know, but i expressed that on the first page of this thread :banghead:

benyl
08-01-2007, 02:23 PM

How much do you think just *ONE* M3 wheel with tire is? Maybe you should think about this. Insurance will put NEW wheels on the car....now take one wheel multiply that by 4 you will already be well over 6 grand for wheels alone. Maybe you want to call the dealer cause I'm sure you will come back with some sort of reply that makes no sense. The resale value of M3 wheels may not be high but when they are buying them brand new they sure are going to be damn expensive. Add to that exhaust, possibly brake rotors which would most likely be bent from the impact of the car falling on them . The undercarriage which is most likely bent now from various parts also being crushed in to it, a few dents to the underbody that will have to be repainted for sure and you can easily be at the 15 grand mark. I'm done with arguing with you anyways but there will be a huge repair bill to the car even if it's only wheels.

sorry, as much as I hate to do this, I have to agree with TegLoser.

If you look at the photos closely you will see:

On the left side of the car, it is on the jack points. No damage.

On the right, the car is resting on the jack points on blocks of some kind. It would be no different that being on a lift. The discs are resting on the gravel, they are only supporting the unsprung weight of the discs, hubs, a-arms, etc... Probably no damage. He needs a new set of wheels and tires and will be good to go.

Most thieves don't want to damage the car, they just want the wheels.

gram
08-01-2007, 02:26 PM
I live about 3 blocks from the car I see it almost daily ... It WAS on a jack before it fell off of it and 2 corners have masonary bricks under them, that isn't good for the lip (it will be scratched all to hell. The car did fall off the jack probably cause the owner left it so long even after the rims were gone.

thordin
08-01-2007, 02:30 PM
is it still there???

frozenrice
08-01-2007, 02:35 PM
It was still there around 8pm last night. Drove by it this morning and it was gone.
Members of the golf course are probably glad that eyesore is gone now lol.

thordin
08-01-2007, 02:49 PM
damn I just got home from the states I was hoping to go for a cruise and see it in person...

gram
08-01-2007, 03:13 PM
So sad to say that a M3 is an eyesore...

Such a beautiful car:)

TegLover
08-01-2007, 04:23 PM

sorry, as much as I hate to do this, I have to agree with TegLoser.

Ok lets not do the name calling game now. :zzz:

Anyways, like i said about the exhaust part, they don't want to jack up the exhaust because it will just crush thus wasting time. If they didn't use the jack points it would be just the same thing. Get it? i'm not arguing with you here, i corrected you but you just are too ignorant to understand and you feel the need to show that. Think whatever you want (15K damage LOL)

:goflames:

eb0i
08-01-2007, 05:03 PM

Anyways, like i said about the exhaust part, they don't want to jack up the exhaust because it will just crush thus wasting time.

:goflames:

He said nothing about jacking up the car where the exhaust is. He is saying that the weight of the car without the wheels will force the exhaust up into the car...ie. being squished underneath the car. BUT looking at the pictures, the cars weight does not seem to be on the exhaust what so ever....so it's all good.