PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new gym (bow+sarcee area)

bituerbo
07-30-2007, 03:19 PM
So my recent move out of the inner city coincided with my Talisman Center membership expiring.

I could renew, but I am looking for a shorter commute/more local facility. Are there any nice places to work out in my new area (corner of Bow Tr and Sarcee) ??

Free weights, weight machines and cardio (ellipticals and treadmills) are my main uses, however a pool would be a bonus.

LuxCars
07-30-2007, 03:20 PM
westside!
and i work there.

Very nice, well kept, and very clean facility. Lots of room for free weights, assisted weight machines, cardio, track, pool (wave pool, 25m lap pool, slide, sauna, hot tub, steam room, tot pool, lazy river), climbing wall, day camps for kids, plus change rooms...and great staff ;)

5hift
07-30-2007, 03:30 PM
^^

:werd:

I am usually there daily. Its rarely crowded and tons of hot girls work out there. You wont find more LCD screens or newer stuff anywhere. If your baller enough for the plus changeroom I'd go for it. I unfortunetly am not, and once in a while I walk into the change room to find out 3 school buses filled with kids decided to go swimming the same time I'm working out (not a fun time to be in the changeroom).

LuxCars are you one of the "trainers" in the gym area or are you a front desk lower floor area?

bituerbo
07-30-2007, 03:33 PM
PM sent!

LuxCars
07-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
^^

:werd:

I am usually there daily. Its rarely crowded and tons of hot girls work out there. You wont find more LCD screens or newer stuff anywhere. If your baller enough for the plus changeroom I'd go for it. I unfortunetly am not, and once in a while I walk into the change room to find out 3 school buses filled with kids decided to go swimming the same time I'm working out (not a fun time to be in the changeroom).

LuxCars are you one of the "trainers" in the gym area or are you a front desk lower floor area?

just at the front desk. probably one of the best places ive ever worked. Free membership and very fair wages for the amount of work put in (which isnt much) :thumbsup:

5hift
07-30-2007, 04:33 PM
^^

Yeah I heard it was a great place to work and it really does seem it. Whenever I scan my card to get in, the front desk people are usually just socializing with one another. I was just curious because I'm there so often I recognize most the employees. Too bad your not a trainer though, because most the women I see getting help with training are total milfs.

Hakkola
07-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by LuxCars

just at the front desk. probably one of the best places ive ever worked. Free membership and very fair wages for the amount of work put in (which isnt much) :thumbsup:

LOL, hiring?

pinoyhero
07-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Its a great spot. FOr the price you can't beat it, they seem to replacing things alot so you end up with some pretty decent equipment all the time. Free wieght selection is quite good as well.

Crymson
08-05-2007, 09:31 AM
West side is good, it's nice if you get there before suppertime, after supper it get's quite busy though.

FatalError
08-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Yes, after 5:30pm it's poser central and more of a day care for middle class, adolescent, wannabe gangster trash.

JAYMEZ
08-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Im at westside everyday :thumbsup: , used to go later at nights , but got sick of all the 18 years talking and hogging all the weights... just after lunch time is cougar central :thumbsup:

http://www.westsiderec.com/bs_home.html

Crymson
08-24-2007, 04:12 PM
I don't really have a choice, i have to go in the evening, and it can be a real pain in the ass to get a machine. And yah, there are a lot of cheeze ball 16 -19 year olds running around. Hopefully that smartens up in a few weeks after school starts or something.

5hift
08-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Im at westside everyday :thumbsup: , used to go later at nights , but got sick of all the 18 years talking and hogging all the weights... just after lunch time is cougar central :thumbsup:

I know what you mean, I'm always there around oneish and holy there is a lot of milfs walking around.

JAYMEZ
08-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

I know what you mean, I'm always there around oneish and holy there is a lot of milfs walking around.

Wasnt that great today though , kinda a bunch of grandmas ahah. Though there was one hot blonde momma that was defiantly boneable.

efjay40
08-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Westside is okay. Your workout is shared with people of all shapes, sizes and ages.

I went from World Health (Bay) Club to Westside b/c i bought a house 2 minutes away and there's definitely a huge difference.

WHC (downtown at least) is ripe with people carrying themselves either with the typical downtown Calgary new money attitude. The nice thing is that it's smaller and mostly due to the cost most people are there to work out semi-seriously.

Westside is good b/c it has everything there (gym, pools, hot tubs, track, etc...) but bad because of the same thing. That attracts all sizes, shapes and ages. Be prepared to share a hot tub with some less than attractive people and also be prepared to get annoyed with people on machines who have no clue.

Biggest pet peeve about Westside is how they have classes and workout stuff for what look like 12-15 kids. Get the F outside and play! Man....how far down have we gone that kids have to go to the gym to get in shape. Sad really. You don't need to lift or go to the gym before 15.

Rant off :p

1RaZoR1
08-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Get a membership at the college (Mount Royal)