PDA

View Full Version : New Beast in the East (NBA)

5hift
07-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Kevin Garnett was just traded to the Celtics. Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen playin together in the green and white. The East just got a little tougher.

beecue
07-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Is it official? .. I thought they were only talking right now

5hift
07-30-2007, 05:24 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/10275030

beecue
07-30-2007, 05:32 PM
sounds good to me .. easy ride to the eastern finals if they all stay healthy

Hakkola
07-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Pretty impressive lineup, we'll see how the play together. I might have to watch a couple games next year.

TeamBestBud
07-30-2007, 07:31 PM
EAST IS WEAK SAUCE YO.

Manhattan
07-30-2007, 08:26 PM
They'll be okay but wont make it very far...look at the Lakers with Shaq Kobe Karl and GP few years back and they had a decent supporting cast too with Fisher, Horry and whatnot. After trading away Green, Telfair, Gomes, and Jefferson, Celtics basically have 3 all-stars and a bunch of guys they picked up from the local Y...

signature7
07-30-2007, 09:13 PM
lakers made it to the finals...(barely with fisher .4 shot), also kobe was facing rape "allegations". it's hard to see if the celtics will blow up tho, they have nothing to lose right now seeing how they sucked bad last year, if this year doesn't work for them they might as well trade everyone and start fresh.. picking garnett will be expenisive though.

PGTze
07-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan
They'll be okay but wont make it very far...look at the Lakers with Shaq Kobe Karl and GP few years back and they had a decent supporting cast too with Fisher, Horry and whatnot. After trading away Green, Telfair, Gomes, and Jefferson, Celtics basically have 3 all-stars and a bunch of guys they picked up from the local Y...

Malone and Peyton were both like late 30's going on 40, making it to the finals isn't exactly a failure. Jefferson's the only really big loss, Telfair has been a bust, and Green's only decent shot is a dunk. I think they will be more than ok.

signature7
07-30-2007, 11:52 PM
plus malone got injured, and it was a media circus with kobe and shaq feuding, so yeah it's hard to compare this to lakers.

anarchy
07-31-2007, 12:13 AM
There's no doubt they have an amazing trio for sure, but there are lots of factors that will determine how they will fare in the East. They are all scorers and it's tough as it is to share the ball between two all-stars let alone three. Not to mention PP and Ray Allen are injury prone.

And they would have no depth whatsoever. Foul trouble or injuries could spell doom. They have the starting talent to take them to the finals in the East, but I still don't think they will be able to go far in the playoffs. I still like Detroit's chances.

Interesting deal though, and it's great to see KG get out of Minny...I've been dying for this move for a long time. I just wish it was to the Suns!
That woulda been :bigpimp:

gongSHOW
07-31-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by PGTze

Malone and Peyton were both like late 30's going on 40, making it to the finals isn't exactly a failure. Jefferson's the only really big loss, Telfair has been a bust, and Green's only decent shot is a dunk. I think they will be more than ok.

I'm not too sure about the deal, they did trade a lot in order to get him. Al Jefferson, Telfair, Green were definitely future and now they have definitely adopted a win now mentality. While it does give them instant credibility, I'm not quite sure it will make them Championship favorites by any means. Now they basically have no depth on the bench. I don't know why but it seems very similar to the Peter Forsberg deal, Nashville gave up a lot of their future to "win now" and couldn't get out of the first round.

urbannomad
07-31-2007, 12:50 AM
if they learn to play well together raptors are fuxed.

bobby_lu
07-31-2007, 08:12 AM
LOL, just when things were looking up for the raps. haha