PDA

View Full Version : where/how can I get a trailer hitch real quick for the weekend for my car?

coteesh
07-31-2007, 04:53 PM
I have a 98 Acura Integra GS, and want to put a 2" ball with 4 pin connector trailer hitch on my car for the weekend so I can haul a motorcycle trailer... does anyone have any tips? I want to either rent one, borrow one, buy one if it's cheap, or buy one and return it after a few days if it's too expensive :P

I'm not even sure what companies are good for this sort of thing.

pinoyformula
07-31-2007, 06:22 PM
Call STANDANS

Hemi RT
07-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by coteesh
I have a 98 Acura Integra GS, and want to put a 2" ball with 4 pin connector trailer hitch on my car for the weekend so I can haul a motorcycle trailer... does anyone have any tips? I want to either rent one, borrow one, buy one if it's cheap, or buy one and return it after a few days if it's too expensive :P

I'm not even sure what companies are good for this sort of thing.

Most RV dealers can put a hitch on your car; you'll never find one to rent seeing they will have to drill holes through your trunk floor to mount it. There isn't a hitch that will fit that vehicle that can be clamped on and then remove like you could at one time with the older cars that had an actual bumper on them.

For wiring you will also need a lite adapter to convert your turn/brake lites into one. Guesstimate is you'll probably be looking around $300.00 for a hitch & wiring which no one is going to refund after you've used it so make sure this is the vehicle you want to use for towing.

Doozer
07-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Hemi RT

Most RV dealers can put a hitch on your car; you'll never find one to rent seeing they will have to drill holes through your trunk floor to mount it. There isn't a hitch that will fit that vehicle that can be clamped on and then remove like you could at one time with the older cars that had an actual bumper on them.

For wiring you will also need a lite adapter to convert your turn/brake lites into one. Guesstimate is you'll probably be looking around $300.00 for a hitch & wiring which no one is going to refund after you've used it so make sure this is the vehicle you want to use for towing.

:werd:

A friend of mine just had a hitch installed on his Vue, and it was around $300. It's not something that can be removed (although you can slide the tip out), so once it's there, it's always there.

Hemi RT
07-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Doozer

A friend of mine just had a hitch installed on his Vue, and it was around $300. It's not something that can be removed (although you can slide the tip out), so once it's there, it's always there.

What's with the :werd:

schurchill39
08-01-2007, 01:13 AM
:hijack:

:werd: means he agrees

Doozer
08-01-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by schurchill39

:werd: means he agrees

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

calgarygts
08-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Go to hitch warehouse here in calgary (they have a website). There are hidden hitches for your car - I had one on my 2000 celica and it was great. You'll have to get the hitch and then the ball and whatever else you need.
Hitch should be about 200 bucks, a few more for the ball. It will probably bolt to your frame behind the bumper and will be mostly hidden.

Dave P
08-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Hemi RT

you'll never find one to rent seeing they will have to drill holes through your trunk floor to mount it.

uhhhhhhh, if you are getting a hitch installed to your trunk floor, i suggest changing places.

most, if not all hitches, goto the frame

MackDawg
08-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Dave P

uhhhhhhh, if you are getting a hitch installed to your trunk floor, i suggest changing places.

most, if not all hitches, goto the frame

hahahahaha