PDA

View Full Version : NCHL -- Hockey Officials

groundpilot
08-01-2007, 10:21 AM
The NCHL is still looking for time keepers and referees for the SUMMER and winter.

Times are from 7 - 12 in the summer and later in the winter.
Pick only the games you want to do... A great way to make some under the table Money...

please e-mail [email protected] for more information on time keeping or our free referee training...

StickyRice
08-10-2007, 10:59 AM
i recommend some people try this out cuz I play in this league now and some of the refs really do suck!!!....bad calls...cant even score keep properly...

Team_Mclaren
08-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by StickyRice
i recommend some people try this out cuz I play in this league now and some of the refs really do suck!!!....bad calls...cant even score keep properly...

i recommand you try this out, because obviously you either
1. dont know how to play
2. dont know the rules
3. have no idea what its like to be a ref.

2002civic
08-10-2007, 12:03 PM
I have reffed this league and the BS you put up with isn't worth it, 40 year olds in fights, comments about my mom, and everything from grown men that WHINE about any and every call/non-call

Team_Mclaren
08-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic
I have reffed this league and the BS you put up with isn't worth it, 40 year olds in fights, comments about my mom, and everything from grown men that WHINE about any and every call/non-call

I agree that sometimes shit turns sour and people bitch alot. But its all part of the game as we all know. I dont mind those. what bugs me are people who dont know the rules and think its a non-call. Just because someone touched you doesnt mean its not allowed. :banghead: :banghead:

but i have learned alot thru reffing this league, some pretty good hockey too.

StickyRice
08-10-2007, 01:48 PM
1. dont know how to play
2. dont know the rules

hmmm if i didnt know how to play i dont think id be in a league
and that goes for rules too so i dont know what ur talkin about

and to be a ref? yeah i see they probably put up with trash talk and etc like 2002civic mentioned but if they call stuff consistently and not just have it favoured to one team games wouldnt get out of hand and they would get harassed. and some refs cant even remember the ppl that passed the puck to the goal scorer...its not that hard

Team_Mclaren
08-10-2007, 01:50 PM
1. dont know how to play
2. dont know the rules

hmmm if i didnt know how to play i dont think id be in a league
and that goes for rules too so i dont know what ur talkin about

and to be a ref? yeah i see they probably put up with trash talk and etc like 2002civic mentioned but if they call stuff consistently and not just have it favoured to one team games wouldnt get out of hand and they would get harassed. and some refs cant even remember the ppl that passed the puck to the goal scorer...its not that hard

so you fall into number 3.
again, go try it out. I'll be hard pressed if you can remember all the assists to every goal.

eur0
08-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Were in Div C south, for the most part the refs do just fine but there is the odd day. Great league and well organized for those interested :).

Team_Mclaren
08-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by eur0
Were in Div C south, for the most part the refs do just fine but there is the odd day. Great league and well organized for those interested :).

what team?

StickyRice
08-10-2007, 03:45 PM
all you gotta do is remember the last 2 if not 1 person who passed it to the goal scorer.

2002civic
08-14-2007, 12:57 PM
all you gotta do is remember the last 2 if not 1 person who passed it to the goal scorer.
we have more to watch than who passed the puck two times before a goal:rolleyes:

2002civic
08-14-2007, 12:57 PM
did you ever ref fleury's team?

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

I agree that sometimes shit turns sour and people bitch alot. But its all part of the game as we all know. I dont mind those. what bugs me are people who dont know the rules and think its a non-call. Just because someone touched you doesnt mean its not allowed. :banghead: :banghead:

but i have learned alot thru reffing this league, some pretty good hockey too.

Team_Mclaren
08-14-2007, 01:00 PM

no thats before my time, i have heard some pretty crazy stories tho. Like he comes in all fucked up (hammered?) and still gets 5+ goals / game

2002civic
08-14-2007, 01:41 PM
yeah he still had some skill

dharminder
08-14-2007, 01:58 PM
I think this league is alot better organized then HNA. If people wanna cry about bad calls its part of the game. The ref can not catch anything and everything. For the most part the refs that we have had are really good.
One thing I have learned is that if a ref makes a bad call and he knows he did, 9 out 10 times the original call stands. Since there are guys that have ref the games please correct me if i am wrong

eur0
08-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

what team?

Sorry, missed the thread the team is called shockers haha.

My friend Kris was the goalie on Fleury's team in 06, not sure if Theo and his cousin? are playing this season. I'm going over to the WRAHL with some friends for this winter.

Maddog55
08-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by dharminder
I think this league is alot better organized then HNA. If people wanna cry about bad calls its part of the game. The ref can not catch anything and everything. For the most part the refs that we have had are really good.
One thing I have learned is that if a ref makes a bad call and he knows he did, 9 out 10 times the original call stands. Since there are guys that have ref the games please correct me if i am wrong

LOL...you're correct on that one. Whats a ref going to do when he's called a penalty and some guy starts screaming "I HARDLY TOUCHED HIM!!"....think he's gonna say "Oh really?? sorry..ok...no penalty!" :rofl:

I've played hockey all my life, from the time I was 5 yrs old. Played in high calibre men's leagues. My last team in BC had 3 ex pro's and the rest of us were all ex-major-junior. And the one thing I've learned...You couldn't PAY me enough to put up with the BS us players heap on refs.

I was one of those players than knew every single ref on a first name basis. You refs will know what I mean. Lining up for a faceoff and him and I could BS about the latest fishing hotspot...but 10 seconds later and I'm screaming at him, after he's "dimed" me. And always maxed out my "fights per season". No siree...I have the utmost respect for any ref in any Mens leagues. The one thing I could always do though, was "leave it on the ice". I always made a point of bringing 3 or 4 cold beers to the refs dressing room after a game. But I notice Mens leagues getting worse. I finally hung em up two years ago after getting pummelled during a line brawl and missing 3 days of work with a concussion. dropped the gloves with one guy, and his teammate (who had a good 50 lbs on me, jumped me from behind) linesmen were busy handling everyone else so this guy just kept bruising his knuckles on me. 40 + years old, 3 major concussions, $2500 worth of dental work, broken ribs, ankles, pretty much every finger, stitches more times than I can remember...*sniff*..ahhhh the good ole' days...

The bottom line is; reffing is WAYYY harder than any player thinks.
You're always going to have "bad refs". The only time we ever had a ref that was amazing was the odd guy who's retired who'd reffed major junior hockey. There's a reason why those guys get paid good money.

I'll come out and photograph though!! :D

De Dutch
08-17-2007, 02:45 PM

My buddy was on Fleury's team last year, what a fucking gong show. There are some rediculous stories from that season ...