PDA

View Full Version : Any Club Doormen out there?

Boosted_TL
08-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Wondering what you think of the job? Obviously not in it for the pay. Might consider doing it over the winter

Recommendations?

sexualbanana
08-01-2007, 08:58 PM
From what I hear, bouncers make pretty good money. Both in the form of wages and kickbacks

dj_rice
08-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Ask Jaymez......

adidas
08-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Its not all that bad, but there is really nothin more i can say about the job since it doesnt require to do anythin other then kick the odd person out. :thumbsup:

ercchry
08-01-2007, 10:15 PM
its good if you like to beat people down when they step out of line, and you have to drink jd and coke, haha my buddy was telling me all about it monday night

Boosted_TL
08-01-2007, 10:17 PM
LOL, this will not be a career move. Just something to do over winter as a second job. I am not interested in doing it for the "I am tough" motive, I hate bouncers like that just as much as the next guy! I just think for a PT job you could probably make the most coin, dont wanna do the bartending thing....

adidas
08-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Most bouncers are "nice", but dont forget that sometimes your gonna have to be an asshole and not let ppl in for whatever reason it may be.

ercchry
08-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL
dont wanna do the bartending thing....

if your pretty, work the bar, if you are a big ugly gorilla bounce

Boosted_TL
08-01-2007, 11:05 PM
I'd pay you money to say that to my face! haha just kidding man. I hear ya, except the ugly part...haha

Graham_A_M
08-04-2007, 03:43 PM
I used to be a bouncer: when I used to work up north in the oil patch. I did it for a short while, and no, the money is awful, not in the least bit good... and no... most clubs dont give the bouncers kick-backs of any sort, its worked into your fixed pay structure.

If your making $15/hr... consider yourself lucky, and if you dont mind crawling into bed at 3-4:00 am most mornings.

When I was a bouncer, I made $12.. as that was the norm at all the clubs in that town. Its a great way to meet girls, but I hope you know some decent self-defence skills, as you'd be surprised at how many people go to clubs just to scrap with the people/bouncers.
Its a rough shitty job, I just did it to meet the girls, and other people around town.... I'm glad your not in it for the money, since every pay period, you'll get a whopping $300-500 take home. :nut:

I just left after a couple months, because I missed having a social life on weekends, as after a work week, to stay out that same Friday until 4am (the next Sat) makes for a short weekend, and no life. :(

Weapon_R
08-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Why put yourself in a position like being a bouncer these days? There's tons of work available and people today are much bolder than they were 5 years ago.

Joelab
08-04-2007, 03:48 PM
im a bouncer.. i love it.
i only make 12 an hour, but i recieve a weekly cash tipout from the bartenders + a nightly tipout from the doormen. I 20 an hour on average, but more like 40 an hour on a busy night. and the majority of that is tax free. Plus i stand around and get hit on all night. not the worst thing in the world...

*edit* though keep in mind there are some sketchy times. the main reason i do it is its the perfect job while im in school. just firday and saturday nights i make money instead of spending it and i have plenty of time for homework

B17a
08-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Joelab
. and the majority of that is tax free.

Just me being a smartass, but its actually tax evasion, not tax free!:D Technically thats income and *should* be reported. Don't worry, I'm not CRA g-man.

Joelab
08-08-2007, 05:37 PM
lol... you know what i mean!

dennisaur
08-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Most bouncers are "nice", but dont forget that sometimes your gonna have to be an asshole and not let ppl in for whatever reason it may be.

... like skin colour!

V6-BoI
08-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by dennisaur

... like skin colour!

... and slanty eyes!

gatorade
08-08-2007, 10:31 PM
some bouncers can make alot of money when being paid off, I've been with people who have paid bouncers 200 to skip the line.

max_boost
08-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by gatorade
some bouncers can make alot of money when being paid off, I've been with people who have paid bouncers 200 to skip the line. Not around here right because who in their mind would pay $200 to skip the line at a Calgary club :D

JAYMEZ
08-09-2007, 10:58 AM
I was a doormen at the Mynt .. then I did Opus , now I am moving to Whiskey and the BLVD... Such easy money for doing nothing. The reason I got into it is because thats what my friends do... Kinda got sick of all the Bartending drama and getting screwed over by the other bartenders. Depending what you do you can make a couple hundred a night. Some people throw money around just to look VIP... I mean a $100 to watch someones car , bahah funny

Whiskey is hireing by the way.

De Dutch
08-09-2007, 11:04 AM
I worked at Ranchmans for a little while. It was nice because there werent many fights, so its comfortable in that regard. Money was decent, but you could make more doing something else. We also shared split tips/recieved a pre-set proportional tip out. The bonus of working at Ranchmans was the cougars, they loveeeee the young meat. :love:

Graham_A_M
08-09-2007, 12:56 PM
^ heh heh heh, SOLD:poosie:

(jk)

ecstasy_civic
08-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
I was a doormen at the Mynt .. then I did Opus , now I am moving to Whiskey and the BLVD... Such easy money for doing nothing. The reason I got into it is because thats what my friends do... Kinda got sick of all the Bartending drama and getting screwed over by the other bartenders. Depending what you do you can make a couple hundred a night. Some people throw money around just to look VIP... I mean a $100 to watch someones car , bahah funny

Whiskey is hireing by the way.

Which days would you be working?

max_boost
08-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

Whiskey is hireing by the way. When you working man? Is there a secret code where I can bypass the line? You know, for OG Beyonders only :D

JAYMEZ
08-09-2007, 05:00 PM
LOL a code word hey haha..

Working Fri and Sun(Clutch) this week (Sat @ BLVD) . Then next week every night.

Jlude
08-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL
Wondering what you think of the job? Obviously not in it for the pay. Might consider doing it over the winter

Recommendations?

I've got a couple friend that bounce at the back alley... if you don't really wanna fight, don't apply there.

One of the same guys bounces at the roadhouse and he says it's pretty calm. (Compared to the back alley of course)

I would recommend the whiskey... some good peeps workin' there.

~Leah~
08-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Is Derk still bouncing? He was my favorite. Oh Derrrrk where are you?

Mitsu3000gt
08-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I knew a guy who worked at Outlaws back in the day. He said he would sometimes make a couple grand a night by finding people doing hard drugs in the washrooms, and threatening to call the cops if they didn't head over to the ATM and drain their bank accounts (or however much they could take out). Apparently it happened fairly often and everyone did it rather than getting turned in to the cops. Pretty shitty thing to do though, if he was telling the truth. Wouldn't surprise me.

sexualbanana
08-14-2007, 03:05 PM
I have a couple buddies working at the Whiskey. They don't mind the work.