PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phones

3G
06-24-2003, 10:23 PM
My sis is looking for a plan for emergencies. Does anyone know a specific plan that would be good? she doesn't want to go on contract..also anyone have any connections for cheap plans?

#1Stunna
06-24-2003, 10:44 PM
Yo wus up, I know Rogers has some type of plan that is for emergencies. I think it costs like $15 a month which includes 50 mins. daytime. I dont know for sure though.

roopi
06-25-2003, 10:16 AM
I'm not sure if Rogers has just an emergance plan but I know that they have a retention plan.

I called Rogers last week to cancel my second line and they forwarded me to the retention department were this lady conviced me to switch to there retention plan. It includes 40 anytime minutes per month for $12.95 (including all service fees/taxes etc.) So I kept. Not to sure why.

Do you want it? Try and find out if there are any transfer fees? You can have it because I don't think I'm going to keep it much longer. There is no contract with it either.

dogstar
06-25-2003, 12:12 PM
if your just looking for a phone for 911...
thats easy

grab a cheapo cell phone that works, dont put it on a plan, keep it charged in the glove box.

when in need, dial 911 and send... it WILL go through

benyl
06-25-2003, 12:34 PM
or get a pay as you go phone...

szw
06-25-2003, 02:28 PM
pay as you go definately! Find a cheap used phone but make sure you can transfer it to pay as you go. Put in like 20 bucks and you'll be safe for emergency calls. Not just 911 calls but could call family/friends during an emergency.

RCBVtec
06-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Cell phones are required by law to always be able to call *611 (customer service) and 911 even if it is not on a plan... also I doubt you will be able to get a plan like roopi mentioned just coming of the street as a new client, those plans are for retention (like he mentioned) only. Those plans are too expensive to offer to everyone coming off the street... the lowest per month would be about $27.20/mnth (incld service fees, $6.95 system and $0.25 for 911) + GST or you can go on pay and talk or pay as you go, the only thing with those is the money you spend will expire after either 30 or 60 days, depends on the amount of $$... good luck man

3G
06-25-2003, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I think she's going with this plan from Rogers, its for 50 daytime minutes and unlimited evenings and weekends for $30/month. yah i read that thread about rogers haveing shitty reception but i dunno its up to her. My dad is on Rogers too he doesn't have any dropped calls or anything at home (NE), but his reception is kind of shitty at work (by Andersen Road & McLeod trail)

RCBVtec
06-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Telus has better service and for the same price your sis is paying she will get the same 50 daytime and unlimited eve/wknds plus noon-1:00pm unlimited... just a thought ;)

xkon
10-23-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by RCBVtec
Telus has better service and for the same price your sis is paying she will get the same 50 daytime and unlimited eve/wknds plus noon-1:00pm unlimited... just a thought ;)

except 'evenings' start at 7pm instead of 6pm and end at 7am intead of 8!

Ajay
10-23-2003, 09:39 PM
Telus evening and weekends are from 8PM - 7AM now. For that plan RCBVtec was talking about you can spend an extra $5/month and get your evening and weekends starting at 6PM and going until 7PM instead.