PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Impreza/WRX

jdmXSI
08-02-2007, 10:04 AM
I know there a lot of pics of this car on the net. But here are a few that i took while in Victoria that i think do justice for the lines of the car.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/IMG_0396.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/IMG_0403.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/IMG_0405.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/IMG_0406.jpg http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/IMG_0472.jpg http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/IMG_0476.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/IMG_0507.jpg

l/l/rX
08-02-2007, 10:15 AM
and soo...your opinion after seeing it in person? do you like it more now as opposed to seeing it on the internet first?

jdmXSI
08-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Personally I'm really thinking of buying one. They are soooooo much fun to drive!:D

As for the pics, maybe i like these ones better cause i took them, lol

spyce
08-02-2007, 10:25 AM
the very first picture makes it look good from that angle
but then you see the corolla front and... :(

cityhunter2501
08-02-2007, 10:27 AM
still doesnt impress me tbh

it has lost its unique 'subaru' look.

Canaduh
08-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by spyce
the very first picture makes it look good from that angle
but then you see the corolla front and... :(

I thought it kind of looks like a Chrysler Sebring front end.
:thumbsdow

waypastfast
08-02-2007, 10:32 AM
they have them at centaur subaru......

jdmXSI
08-02-2007, 10:32 AM
There are somethings i don't like the about the car, like the tail lights on the sedan, but after you drive one and really put it through its paces. I think 90% of people would change thier mind about the car. With the new Impreza's/WRX's, they changed the powerband and there is pratically no turbo lag at all. You step on the gas and you go!:burnout: :D

SilverRex
08-02-2007, 10:38 AM
well the front just doesnt look right. The rest I guess is ok,

I gota to test drive one and see it myself.

hmm if I had a choice between the speed3 and wrx hatch, definiately the wrx hatch ;)

4doorj
08-02-2007, 10:39 AM
i actually like them alot now!!!!
i like the tails on the sedan... they look sweet!!
im going to centaur subaru to go check them out!!!!
i think i might just pick one up
awd turbo, perfect canada car

l/l/rX
08-02-2007, 10:44 AM
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2007/07/27/27WRX_m_m.jpg

get the ADM replacement grille and you'll be good to go!!!! :thumbsup:

this will be the very first mod ill be doing when i get my 2.5i

SunniSunShine
08-02-2007, 10:56 AM
still don't like - it looks very plain, something that would fit in with the rest of the chrysler line up :(

max_boost
08-02-2007, 10:59 AM
It looks OK at best. I'm sure with some mods here and there will make it look a lot better. I'll sit back and wait for the Charge Speed version :D

spyce
08-02-2007, 10:59 AM
the grill makes a big difference
makes the car more bareable ;)

max_boost
08-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

this will be the very first mod ill be doing when i get my 2.5i Oh wow. Now that grill looks a million times better!:thumbsup:

SilverRex
08-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Oh wow. Now that grill looks a million times better!:thumbsup:

now let see it in black with after market wheels in bronze or steel gray :D

P.S now they offer automatic again, sweet, maybe this be my wife's car

4doorj
08-02-2007, 11:04 AM

this will be the very first mod ill be doing when i get my 2.5i
that looks dope!
with a grill/drop/wheels! it will be a sweet calgary all season car!

max_boost
08-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex

now let see it in black with after market wheels in bronze or steel gray :D

P.S now they offer automatic again, sweet, maybe this be my wife's car

You need to make up your mind!!!

rc2002
08-02-2007, 11:11 AM
I think these ones look way better than the previous transformer-like generation. The side profile resembles E90 BMWs too. They look a lot classier now.

I'd take a new body style over the old one any day.

l/l/rX
08-02-2007, 11:13 AM
http://www.avoturboworld.com/images/stories/07_news_images/08_impreza_001/08_imp_010.jpg

http://www.avoturboworld.com/images/stories/07_news_images/08_impreza_001/08_imp_011.jpg

http://www.avoturboworld.com/images/stories/07_news_images/08_impreza_001/08_imp_012.jpg

http://www.avoturboworld.com/images/stories/07_news_images/08_impreza_001/08_imp_013.jpg

ripped from nasioc. a member who lives in jdm land

4doorj
08-02-2007, 11:21 AM
^wow!!!!
that grill looks dope!
just needs a drop now

Aleks
08-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
Personally I'm really thinking of buying one. They are soooooo much fun to drive!:D

As for the pics, maybe i like these ones better cause i took them, lol

Any shots of the Sti yet? :D

4doorj
08-02-2007, 11:31 AM
yeah i looked on the website ... sti it only shows 2007... is the 08 sti going to be totally different?

l/l/rX
08-02-2007, 11:40 AM
08 sti is only going to be coming in hatch form. it has not been released yet.

jdmXSI
08-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

Any shots of the Sti yet? :D

There was a little talk of the 08 STi in Victoria. All that was said is that they are definatly ready to take on the 08' EVO. No pics or notin' though:guns: They have the actual pics of the car under pretty tight lips.

SilverRex
08-02-2007, 11:52 AM
haha I like their comparisonhttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c257/kareokediva3/New_WRX.jpg

one thing is certain, Subaru still has one wild card left to play. Yes you guessed it, aftermarket....

As long as there is a huge aftermarket following, this car can still look wicked. The bug eye subaru (which I also owned back then) is a good example. I wasnt all that excited with the style but once you play around with it aftermarket wise.. bingo.. now everyone can mod it to their own taste.

basically Subaru is leaving the personality word into our hands.

Canmorite
08-02-2007, 12:09 PM
I'd take the previous version(s) anyday.

SilverRex
08-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
I'd take the previous version(s) anyday.

speaking aftermarket, here is a quick chop by someone on the subaru forums.

http://www.jamesmcintoshjr.com/forums/files/whitehatch_193.jpg

l/l/rX
08-02-2007, 12:19 PM
that looks sick.

heavyD
08-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Looks like a Chevy Impala to me. Now the WRX is a capable car in styling that appeals to your average Camry buyer. That's what Subaru was aiming for and unfortunately for enthusiasts it appears they succeeded.:thumbsdow

Aleks
08-02-2007, 12:42 PM
I actually prefer the look of the hatch.

The white one looks decent. Now i hope that the Sti brings somewhat different front because the current front is Chevy Aveo like.

IntegraG2
08-02-2007, 12:51 PM
hatch looks dope especially with the replacement grill.....how much are these things going for????

SilverRex
08-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by IntegraG2
hatch looks dope especially with the replacement grill.....how much are these things going for????

I believe the wrx hatch to be around 33k

gpomp
08-02-2007, 12:56 PM
:werd: the hatch looks better than the sedan

4doorj
08-02-2007, 01:01 PM
sedan is 32999 and hatch is 33999 i beleive

heavyD
08-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
:werd: the hatch looks better than the sedan

I actually prefer the sedan. The hood is too long for a hatch. It gives the hatchback a boot shape.

SilverRex
08-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I actually prefer the sedan. The hood is too long for a hatch. It gives the hatchback a boot shape.

:whipped: one more word against the hatch and ill personally give YOU the boot.

:D jk, its all kool

Aleks
08-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by IntegraG2

the non turbo ones start in the very low 20s. great deal IMO.

jdmXSI
08-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

the non turbo ones start in the very low 20s. great deal IMO.

Yup, A 5 speed Impreza sedan starts at $22,190(including Freight, PDI& Block heater)

spec c
08-02-2007, 07:49 PM
STi Japan has released some aftermarket parts for the wrx/2.5i and it does look alot better.

Link (http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/parts/gh_impreza/)

I also happen to know of a certain company already mentioned here thats making a sick cf duck bill looking wing.

l/l/rX
08-02-2007, 07:58 PM
soo which car do you guys prefer? the sedan or the hatch? im in a pickle as to which one i should get...*edit* as to which one my parents should get for me. haha. i dont wanna be taking credit for buying this car.

im just trying to figure out which one i can make look better in the future. with no aftermarket accessories for both of these cars its hard to imagine what kind of stuff i can do to it. mind you if i did do anything to it i would definitely get that lip STi japan has out. (thanks for the link spec c!)

im getting an impreza 2.5i for sure. i just dont know which style.

i just intend on doing LIGHT mods to the car. ie) suspension, exhaust, a lip, rims, pretty much all i have in mind for this car.

the hatch comes with a rear diffuser (which looks pretty nice)...the sedan comes with the dual exhaust (which is kinda lame, but that would be gone in a matter of months)

IncredibleToad
08-02-2007, 08:01 PM
i'm just gonna throw my 2 cents out there, but one of the most popular aftermarket parts for this new gen is probably gonna be a grill replacement. My god, they must have stolen every other sebring grill off sebring's production line...not original at all and fugly

mac_82
08-02-2007, 08:02 PM
^^ V-limited lip FTW. I just got one for my 04...

I haven't seen anything yet that makes me want to upgrade from my 04, but I am sure it will grow on me, just like when the 06's came out. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the STi.

Syph3r
08-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Your getting the sport pkg right? you better be ;)

and Im a sedan guy so thats why that new sti :thumbsdow hatch blows IMO

mac_82
08-02-2007, 08:05 PM
soo which car do you guys prefer? the sedan or the hatch? im in a pickle as to which one i should get...*edit* as to which one my parents should get for me. haha. i dont wanna be taking credit for buying this car.

I would grab a hatch, and swap the grille and the tail lights, those are the only 2 things I really dislike on the car. :devil:

Aleks
08-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Get the hatch. With suspension, lip, nice wheels and different grille it will look hot. Can't wait to see what the hatch Sti looks like...

spec c
08-02-2007, 08:56 PM
http://www.thetorquereport.com/mitsu_vs_subie-thumb.jpg

http://www.thetorquereport.com/sti-thumb.jpg

These photoshops are the closest thing to the new sti out. if you look at the REAL spyshots they look almost the exact same as these chops.

4doorj
08-03-2007, 12:46 AM
ok so i went and saw them today!!!
i think they are pretty sick

and very weird thing...
going in i thought the aftermarket grill was nicer
now that i actually saw it... i think the original grill looks nicer
this car has to be seen in person!!!
i like it alot

i also test drove the car!!!!
wow!!!!! almost no lag!!! the car handles amazing, brakes are awsome!!! super torkey! sooooo much fun!!!! i love it!
this is just my opinion of course, im coming from hondas with almost no torque

my wife likes the sedan better then the hatch, so if i decide to get one it might be the sedan that i will be getting instead.....

jdmXSI
08-03-2007, 08:20 AM
The hatch already comes with the WRX skirt package w/rear diffuser, but all of the sedans now have 60/40 split folding seats. Im more of a sedan guy myself.

SilverRex
08-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj
ok so i went and saw them today!!!
i think they are pretty sick

and very weird thing...
going in i thought the aftermarket grill was nicer
now that i actually saw it... i think the original grill looks nicer
this car has to be seen in person!!!
i like it alot

i also test drove the car!!!!
wow!!!!! almost no lag!!! the car handles amazing, brakes are awsome!!! super torkey! sooooo much fun!!!! i love it!
this is just my opinion of course, im coming from hondas with almost no torque

my wife likes the sedan better then the hatch, so if i decide to get one it might be the sedan that i will be getting instead.....

hmm if what you say are true I gota to test drive one, by the way did you test drive the manual or auto?

or has anyone tested both and can comment?

I wonder if the driving performence is the same for sedan and hatch.

it would be stupid to go in subaru and test drive both hatch/sedan in both manual and auto just to see the difference,

so anyone here can comment would be kool.

jdmXSI
08-03-2007, 08:40 AM

hmm if what you say are true I gota to test drive one, by the way did you test drive the manual or auto?

or has anyone tested both and can comment?

I wonder if the driving performence is the same for sedan and hatch.

it would be stupid to go in subaru and test drive both hatch/sedan in both manual and auto just to see the difference,

so anyone here can comment would be kool.

When Subaru flew us out to Victoria, We all had a chance to drive a sedan and a wagon. IMO They are both very equal driving cars not much body roll in either. When i was in the wagon, i thought it was a sedan for a moment until i looked in the rear view. As for the Auto vs.5 speed. The new auto transmission is like the one from the Legacy. It's still a 4 speed auto now with sport shift(ability to shift gears). You definatly feel more of the performance from the 5 speed though. Hope that helps abit!

SilverRex
08-03-2007, 08:49 AM
I wonder how much slower the auto is compare to the manual, in some of today's auto/paddle shift/manual you loose about 0.3 sec

I mean for example wrx 0-60 around 5.6 sec for manual as in most years for this spec, and if the auto is 5.9 sec, then it isnt that bad right? but if the crappy automatic transmission makes it slow like 6.6 sec, that would totally kill the idea of having a wrx, if it is so I would then save myself 10k and opt for a regular 2.5i w/ sport pkg.

:banghead: it just suck ass wife doesnt know how to drive manual. And yeah I was hoping I can teach her, but it turns out, she will have her hands full with just auto.

I was in the market for a G35/335i, but if this new impreza can change my mind, I might save my cash and lease it for a few years with 0 down. Cant go wrong when you save your cash...

4doorj
08-03-2007, 08:50 AM
i drove the manual... i will never buy a auto
the hatch is very cool looking

l/l/rX
08-04-2007, 01:34 PM
i think ill be getting the hatch. when it comes down to the 2.5i, the sedan sport package is just not the same. the front end, no spoiler, really not the same as the wrx sedan.

the hatch on the other hand, you get the rear diffuser, nicer side skirts. pretty much what you get on the wrx hatch you get on the 2.5i hatch.

IncredibleToad
08-22-2007, 12:21 PM
i take back the smack i was talkin about this car before, its really really growing on me...can't wait to see the STi come out but as it sits i'd opt for a WRX wagon...the sedan doesnt look aggressive enough

having said that tho, i wish the taillights were less altezza-esque

eur0
08-22-2007, 12:35 PM
i drove the manual... i will never buy a auto
the hatch is very cool looking

haha you sound soo excited everytime you type!!! with those exclamations!! oh man!!!

Just playing, on a side note I sorta like the hatch...with a few light modifications of course. But in stock form I think it looks like ass (the 2.5 that is, the STI is sweet).

4doorj
08-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by eur0

haha you sound soo excited everytime you type!!! with those exclamations!! oh man!!!

Just playing, on a side note I sorta like the hatch...with a few light modifications of course. But in stock form I think it looks like ass (the 2.5 that is, the STI is sweet).

oh i am always excited!!! hahahah
this car is that cool!!! hahahahha

heavyD
08-22-2007, 10:28 PM
i think ill be getting the hatch. when it comes down to the 2.5i, the sedan sport package is just not the same. the front end, no spoiler, really not the same as the wrx sedan.

the hatch on the other hand, you get the rear diffuser, nicer side skirts. pretty much what you get on the wrx hatch you get on the 2.5i hatch.

I finally saw one today and IMO it looks blander in person than pics. Interior is definately nicer than the last gen though. It's not ugly but I don't know how anyone could call it 'sick' with a straight face. C&D reviewed the WRX sedan and they were pretty underwhelmed in fact most of the reviews have not been that good as handling has been sacrificed for a smoother ride and acceleration times are a bit slower. I think the STI will look pretty nice though.

ZorroAMG
08-23-2007, 01:49 AM
Sweet Sebring!! Juat get the ADM grille and turn it into a FOcus!!!

Awesome!!!!

Yawn. Ugly as shit.

Kamen
08-23-2007, 02:14 AM
I'm in Victoria right now and I've only seen one drive by. Subaru always does this to me, looks ugly online then I see one and it grows on me.
I still want the 2006 STi though.

fokker300zx
08-23-2007, 04:04 PM
I'll take an Evo X in black thank you

(but if i had to drive a flat four it'd be a hatch... Subarus don't get my blood pumping though they sound like a truck...)

GoChris
08-23-2007, 10:02 PM
newb here....are they/do they make the sti in a hatch yet?

That.Guy.S30
08-23-2007, 10:25 PM
^ will realease in 2008 (build year 2009).

dino_martini
08-24-2007, 03:39 PM
I saw a Impreza hatch in traffic today, and it does look better in person but the last generation is still my favourite version of the Impreza. For a WRX it sure doesnt look too agressive. I love the new commercial though.. :rofl: silly Germans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cKNR3yLM0A

SilverRex
08-24-2007, 03:48 PM
i wanted to test drive an Auto, but stupid they say all the dealership did not order enough auto as they are rare and high in demand, and there is 2 coming, if I miss it I will have to wait till jan.feb for the next batch,

hmm i wonder if they are just pulling my legs here

lint
08-24-2007, 04:06 PM
i wanted to test drive an Auto, but stupid they say all the dealership did not order enough auto as they are rare and high in demand, and there is 2 coming, if I miss it I will have to wait till jan.feb for the next batch,

hmm i wonder if they are just pulling my legs here

If you're talking about the WRX, they're not shitting you. WRX's in auto are very hard to find, they don't make many and the ones they do have, someone invariably buys it because the wife won't drive stick.

4wheeldrift
08-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by GoChris
newb here....are they/do they make the sti in a hatch yet? The unveiling of the new STi will be happening at the Tokyo Motor Show in October.

GoChris
08-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
^ will realease in 2008 (build year 2009).

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
The unveiling of the new STi will be happening at the Tokyo Motor Show in October.

:drool: time to start saving, I've always wanted an STI but would prefer a hatch, this is good news

The Cosworth
08-25-2007, 12:03 AM
IMO

Sedan :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Wagon :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

bigboom
08-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I saw a Impreza hatch in traffic today, and it does look better in person but the last generation is still my favourite version of the Impreza. For a WRX it sure doesnt look too agressive. I love the new commercial though.. :rofl: silly Germans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cKNR3yLM0A

anybody have any idea what that last guy in the commercial says in german?

4doorj
08-27-2007, 10:14 AM
so i talked my parents into checking one out!!!
they loved it as well... they just bought a 08 impreza 5 door....
no wrx though...hahha.... but such a sweet car

kaput
08-27-2007, 06:07 PM

max_boost
08-27-2007, 08:20 PM

speaking aftermarket, here is a quick chop by someone on the subaru forums.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/samtang310/WRX-HATCH1.jpg

WOW. That looks amazing. After I put some more mileage on MY06, I'm going to buy a white hatch and make it look like that. :drool: :burnout:

4doorj
08-29-2007, 11:19 PM
its not mine but...
so i finally talked my parents to coming with me to look at them... i got them into getting a regular impreza... since its just for them

its awsome.... sooo torquey compared to other cars in its price range.. i love how it dropped 3g!!!
in the price range... i would of picked this if they had the price lower like they do now
impreza>civic>lancer/mazda3

pics arent the best... in person its awsome!!! i suck at taking pics
im in the works in trying to get a blue wrx 5 door
:drool:
http://www3.telus.net/public/kichurch/cav/impreza1.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/public/kichurch/cav/impreza2.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/public/kichurch/cav/impreza3.jpg

max_boost
08-30-2007, 12:14 AM
^^^

Did they get the sport package?
AWD+Traction Control+Snow Tires=Ultimate Winter Car

My parents are looking into replacing both their vehicles and it'll most likely be an imported Tribeca and the Impreza Sedan. :thumbsup: Subaru!

avow
08-30-2007, 12:34 AM
i think the hatch looks sooo ugly from behind. like a ford fuckus hatch. its grose. the 4 door i think is alot better but reminds me alot of the saturn ion for some reason. i dont know, i would probably buy the older ones :(

Aleks
08-30-2007, 07:07 AM
its not mine but...
so i finally talked my parents to coming with me to look at them... i got them into getting a regular impreza... since its just for them

its awsome.... sooo torquey compared to other cars in its price range.. i love how it dropped 3g!!!
in the price range... i would of picked this if they had the price lower like they do now
impreza>civic>lancer/mazda3

pics arent the best... in person its awsome!!! i suck at taking pics
im in the works in trying to get a blue wrx 5 door
:drool:
http://www3.telus.net/public/kichurch/cav/impreza1.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/public/kichurch/cav/impreza2.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/public/kichurch/cav/impreza3.jpg

Can't think of anything in the price range with that same power other than the VWs.

4doorj
08-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
^^^

Did they get the sport package?
AWD+Traction Control+Snow Tires=Ultimate Winter Car

My parents are looking into replacing both their vehicles and it'll most likely be an imported Tribeca and the Impreza Sedan. :thumbsup: Subaru!
no my parents wanted the base base :dunno:

likwid
08-30-2007, 08:18 AM
looks like a Mazda 3 to me

Antonito
08-30-2007, 08:31 AM
It's odd, Mitsubishi and Subaru have essentially swapped design philosophies at the exact same time. I wonder who is going to come out on top in this gamble?

The other odd thing is that they don't have more automatic Subarus available. They are obviously going for the more mainstream crowd (or have lost their f'ing minds), so you'd think they'd want to have enough stock to satisfy all the people coming around looking for an automatic car for the wife

4doorj
08-30-2007, 08:35 AM
oh the subaru i posted is automatic
so that part sucks too