PDA

View Full Version : black rims with red lip...opinions?

jay42w8
08-04-2007, 12:20 AM
I been out of the import scene for awhile...just got an 07 Mazda 3 Sport in carbon grey...friend is telling me to get black with red lip rims (maybe the Tenzo Poke 10's that they have on sale at CMS)...will this actually look good....honestly I don't get the whole black rim with red lip craze.....it looks good on white and black cars but that's it, imo...how did it all start? I'm guessing its a "JDM" thing?

spec c
08-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Volk did it with their time attacks, now everyones biting them. I think it looks good, go see Bob at Urban, he has some pretty nice new axis wheels with the red lip.

spec c
08-04-2007, 12:32 AM
http://www.axiswheels.com/wheels/halo/evo_axis_halo.jpg

pic

Zephyr
08-04-2007, 12:34 AM
The term is called "Time attack" it doesn't have to be red as well...other common colors are white and yellow.. but the rest is black

Supa Dexta
08-04-2007, 12:41 AM
it's how I roll

http://www.hurtt-online.net/motorcycles/images/malice_rim.jpg

when did it start on cars?

nismodrifter
08-04-2007, 09:30 AM
I know the Volkswagen R concepts (the crazy body kitted MK5 Jetta + Passat that also had HPA engine mods) had it almost 1-2 years ago. The trend is overplayed and is not original anymore.

EK 2.0
08-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

The trend is overplayed and is not original anymore.

Like stretched tires on a VeeDub...haha...jokes yaar jokes...

1-Bar
08-04-2007, 09:49 AM
mugen rnr's :thumbsup: originaaaal

jay42w8
08-04-2007, 07:25 PM
thanks for the pic spec_c....you just sold me on those, my 3 is the same color was that too:thumbsup:

did you guys ever have the green rim trend here in Calgary, that was hideous?

Supa Dexta
08-04-2007, 08:58 PM
yeah my yamaha had it in 05, i think that was the 1st they put it on.. But I remember mountain bike tires with the red stripe on the sidewall prob 5 yrs ago or more..

sneek
08-04-2007, 08:59 PM
The Tenzo R DC-6's are nice.:drool: :drool: :drool:

nismodrifter
08-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8
thanks for the pic spec_c....you just sold me on those, my 3 is the same color was that too:thumbsup:

did you guys ever have the green rim trend here in Calgary, that was hideous?

yeah there are a couple of cars with green wheels in Calgary that I can think of off the top of my head. One of the people with green wheels is on Beyond..his username is EK2.0, his old wheels were the same color as my feces after drinking a blue slurpee.

EK 2.0
08-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

yeah there are a couple of cars with green wheels in Calgary that I can think of off the top of my head. One of the people with green wheels is on Beyond..his username is EK2.0, his old wheels were the same color as my feces after drinking a blue slurpee.

thera mah nee...kidding...haha...

I miss the John Deere ie Tein green Racing Hart's on my car...haha...

But wait till next season...whhoooooooo you think VeeDub's sit flush??...Hollie is gonna be so flush you might as well just call her Royal...

nismodrifter
08-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

But wait till next season...whhoooooooo you think VeeDub's sit flush??...Hollie is gonna be so flush you might as well just call her Royal...

More like toilet flush....:D lol
Flush FTL, I like my wheels sittin outside of the fenders on all 4 corners :D ehhehe
I love how all the JDM shiet is following Euro trends, it's making for some very nice looking Honda's. The pics I've seen of S2k's with nice wheel setups are DOPE.

Check out the thread posted in the Events/Meets section from Secret Street this past weekend, there is even an old school Beetle rocking the Time Attack scheme on its wheels. Plus Axis just came out with those new Super-Hiros that will make the trend even more played.

If you really like them then by all means get them IMO, who cares what other people think, it's your car :thumbsup:

aypi
08-04-2007, 09:50 PM
i have the DC5's version 1 :thumbsup:

you can see them on my avatar! :poosie: