PDA

View Full Version : Good bass speakers

dainom89
08-04-2007, 07:50 PM
I have a 91 integra and i want to get some speakers with pretty decent bass to them. I dont want subs at all so thats out of the question... just speakers that sound really good with decent amount of bass to them..

anyone knows of any, be sure to let me know

thanks

Supa Dexta
08-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Any decent speaker will do the trick.. the biggest thing will be properly insulating the doors. that is where you will notice the biggest gain from a good set of speakers that are properly powered...

dj_rice
08-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Alpine Type R componets

Annoyingrob
08-05-2007, 05:07 AM
How big of a size do you have to work with? Ideally, a good set of 6.5" would be the best. I always like CDT, like some EF-61 FGs but that's just me.

dainom89
08-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Just the door speakers i believe they are 6.5? and i duno how big the rear speakers are..

i think im gonna pick up some dynamat for the doors and see if that makes a difference..

hifiguy
08-10-2007, 10:56 AM
This is a 5 inch woofer, supposedly for bass...should easily fit your door or rear deck...

Utopia Be 13 WS

GTS Jeff
08-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Amp. Amp. Amp.

QuasarCav
08-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by dainom89
I have a 91 integra and i want to get some speakers with pretty decent bass to them. I dont want subs at all so thats out of the question... just speakers that sound really good with decent amount of bass to them..

anyone knows of any, be sure to let me know

thanks

I amped some 6.5" Polk / Momo speakers that I bought in the marketplace here in my 93 Integra. I have the amp set to only send low frequency sounds to the rear speakers and it sounds pretty good. Keep in mind that I have very little knowledge when it comes to car audio.

RossWRX
08-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Annoyingrob
How big of a size do you have to work with? Ideally, a good set of 6.5" would be the best. I always like CDT, like some EF-61 FGs but that's just me.

Great choice... CDT Audio makes some of the best speakers on the market, especially if you look hard for the right price.

However the EF-61FG's still won't give him the low end he's looking for... something like the M6 or M6+ would, but it would be a real job to install them and even then you'll need some real power to move them enough to create the bass you're after... which means you'll need an amp.

Really the best and only logical way to get some bass is with a sub... you'd be very suprised with how much output you'd get from a single quality 8" driver in your integra... that car is probably the ultimate car for bass efficentcy. :)
A nice 8" will cost less than a quality set of speakers and will take up almost no room... it will also be an easier install.

Alot can be had by upgrading your front speakers though (everything but bass basically)... but when it comes to bass, nothing can beat a sub.

Good luck