PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience at Telephone Booth in Sunridge

brownskind
08-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Sooooo ill keep this short n simple, I go to Telephone booth to get a hardware upgrade thru rogers because i ruined my old phone. As i was doing the transaction, the girl at the counter was ringing me in for wat i thought was a portion of what i owed for the phone (she said that my credit limit which i set for 200 will be effected by the purchase so i shud put some cash on the cellphone) i was like sure why not and went back to writing dow my old sim card number and what not. To make a long story short, i looked at my reciept and it turned out she sold me a warranty that i did not ask for. I dont believe in g0 dollar warranties on temporary phones, and well she positioned it as being either the partial charge to lower my bill so i dont reach my credit limit and to as if to say that i get it back the fifty dollars) on my bill as a manufacturers rebate(which has nothing to do with the warranty at all) anyone go thru this before
im going there today to get my money back so wish me luck

seer_claw
08-05-2007, 12:49 PM
And the point of this thread is? :whocares:

Jayson
08-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by seer_claw

If you don't care then don't post

Wow dude that sucks... I've worked in the cellphone industry for 5 years and we had some sales reps that did that for the commission... I would go back and talk to the manager and tell him that you didn't want the warranty, and that the sales person just sold it to you without asking... Did you sign anything? Cause usually when a warranty is sold you have to sign a form saying you agree to the terms..

Although they were wrong in doing that, you should always look at the receipt and know what you're paying for... Good luck

brownskind
08-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by seer_claw

The point is so that people don't get in the same situation and go into a store and get hustled into buying something...

I don't wish bad things on ppl but I hope you go somewhere and get tricked into buying something you don't want!

lol im just playin... the point is subtle but ppl need to know these things because if I didn't call Rogers I wouldn't have known what happened

secondly i only signed a contract renewing my existing contract thru rogers

Mike w
08-05-2007, 02:31 PM
dude seriously, NO ONE FUCKING CARES! Say this shit in ur head to yourself and stop posthoreing about nothing

ca18det240sx
08-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Mike w
dude seriously, NO ONE FUCKING CARES! Say this shit in ur head to yourself and stop posthoreing about nothing

if nobody cares dont post in this thread you moron, your opinion doesnt matter here. Hes posting so ppl look out in case it happens to them, its an awareness post, so quit being such an asshole.

brownskind
08-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Well anyhow, i went back and asked for a refund and the lady said it was an admin fee that their store charges for doing upgrades, i pointed at the reciept showing her that it was a warranty that i did not want and she said that its store policy to charge it. I told them im sure rogers doesnt and that ethically they should make customers aware of these charges so she offered me a return on the cellphone after i used it for a day... After asking for a manager she gave in and refunded it to me...thanks for the advice my apologies if this was a pointless post jus felt like ppl shud know cuz i was rreeaall mad yesterday

ca18det240sx
08-05-2007, 05:45 PM
I think ppl should know too, its consumers watching out for eachother, so its not a useless post. Theres just some USELESS people that need to post just to be jerks about it. Get a life.

copynpaste
08-05-2007, 06:05 PM
I never buy from the T. booth - worst service and rip off prices ever.

Jayson
08-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by brownskind
Well anyhow, i went back and asked for a refund and the lady said it was an admin fee that their store charges for doing upgrades, i pointed at the reciept showing her that it was a warranty that i did not want and she said that its store policy to charge it. I told them im sure rogers doesnt and that ethically they should make customers aware of these charges so she offered me a return on the cellphone after i used it for a day... After asking for a manager she gave in and refunded it to me...thanks for the advice my apologies if this was a pointless post jus felt like ppl shud know cuz i was rreeaall mad yesterday

haha that's hilarious that she tried to tell you it was an admin fee... you know that's bullshit... good thing she refunded it

Jayson
08-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Mike w

He probably works for T-Booth... haha

brownskind
08-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Jayson

He probably works for T-Booth... haha

hahahaa!

their prices were better than the rogers store

Supa Dexta
08-06-2007, 12:12 AM
speaking of weird things about telephone booths. I was once in one talking away.. and the door swung open, a guy reached in and punched me and the chest and ran off.. haa.. Kinda suprised me.. but I was in the middle of a call so I couldnt chase after him. No idea who it was.. he thought they knew me though..

.. random thought over...

:rofl:

BlackArcher101
08-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
and the door swung open, a guy reached in and punched me and the chest and ran off..

Was this chest one of those big toy chests or a smaller one? Was the chest ok? Who takes a chest into a phone booth anyways...

Supa Dexta
08-06-2007, 05:37 PM
ha. my bad, thats what being on here all night will get you...

I call it "the chest" because its so well defined, and impressive...

BlackArcher101
08-06-2007, 06:08 PM
ha. my bad, thats what being on here all night will get you...

Ah, I see.. it's so impressive that it's an entity on its own.

eb0i
08-06-2007, 06:35 PM

hahaha that's f'in awesome. :rofl: