PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio Question

GreyFox
08-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Yes I debated putting this into the "Car Audio/Electronics" section but I figured it would get more exposure here and it's a pretty general question as well.

Here's my dilemma:

I'm trying to sell my car as I've already purchased a new vehicle. My old car (Sunfire) had a deck, amp and sub installed for the past few years. My new car (Grand Prix) has just a stock system, which, to be quite honest I'm not completely satisfied with.

It would cost me apprx. $300 all said and done to transfer the deck, sub and amp from the sunfire to the grand prix.

Another option would be to tranfer JUST the sub/amp to the grand prix, but my question is how much would that effect the actual sound quality? Are the sub/amp the major players in better sound quality or is it the deck? Or all combined?

Any answers or suggestions are much appreciated.

dj_rice
08-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Deck....with my Alpine, songs sound 10x better than when I had a Pioneer deck

bosanel
08-06-2007, 02:32 AM
The whole thing makes a big difference, even one component that sucks will make a difference in your sound quality..

PS: Why not install yourself??

Anel

Nova316
08-06-2007, 02:35 AM
The install isnt that hard, im sure lots of people wouldnt mind helping u with the install.
Just need to go find the right wiring harness for your car and feed the power wire from battery to back and your set :)

If u need some help just pm me :) depending on where u live i can give u a hand.

bosanel
08-06-2007, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Nova316
The install isnt that hard, im sure lots of people wouldnt mind helping u with the install.
Just need to go find the right wiring harness for your car and feed the power wire from battery to back and your set :)

If u need some help just pm me :) depending on where u live i can give u a hand.

I second that, anytime. :)

GreyFox
08-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks for input and offers. Unfortunately my car got broken into last night and now I have no deck nor an amp, so I guess that solves that problem!

Thanks anyways.

RossWRX
08-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I'd transfer everything... as you won't easily be able to hook up you amp to your stock headunit... it doesn't have any RCA outputs... which means you'll have to run a high level to line level adapter (another ~$50 + more time to install).

EDIT: Just read your last post... I've been there before, one of the worst days of my life. :(
Hope everything works out.

david_bmx
08-21-2007, 11:36 AM
:guns: i hate thieves... and insurance, you cant even use it without paying big $$. but thats sgi maybe it would help if i didn't have -7 points :dunno: