PDA

View Full Version : Speeding ticket in BC

Bassemz
08-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Got a speeding ticket in BC, to fight it I have to go to Kamloops so I'll probably pay but do I get any demerit points? Will it affect my insurance? The ticket doesn't say the speed. Need advice please.

Redlyne_mr2
08-05-2007, 11:39 PM
no demerits, no issues, i have 2 unpaids... they will forever be unpaid.

Ed the SOHC
08-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
no demerits, no issues, i have 2 unpaids... they will forever be unpaid.

If you leave them unpaid does that mean if you go through BC and get busted again they can arrest you on the spot?

stealthy13
08-07-2007, 10:18 AM
if u get busted in bc punch him in the nut then drive back to alberta duh.

teggypimp95
08-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah i have gotten them in bc. I just paided them, if u do get pulled over again in bc they can arrest you. They are more strict there over that kind of stuff.

Kona9
08-07-2007, 11:01 AM
If you get pulled over in Strathmore, Chestermere or any other place RCMP roam in Alberta, it will show up as well.

Common sense no? It's all on the same system. You can't go to BC and break the law and think Alberta will save you.

RCMP is RCMP not matter what province you are in. Just pay it!

teggypimp95
08-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
If you get pulled over in Strathmore, Chestermere or any other place RCMP roam in Alberta, it will show up as well.

Common sense no? It's all on the same system. You can't go to BC and break the law and think Alberta will save you.

Haha exactly.

Just be thankful its just money and not demarits.

JGerke
08-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Kona9

i've been told you will get the ticket even if it is local cops in BC, AB, or SK since we have a linked system. If you get tickets in Ontario or out East you pretty much dont have to pay. In fact my buddy has 4 unpaid RCMP tickets from ontario (not OOP) and has yet to have issues when getting pulled over in Alberta....