PDA

View Full Version : HWY 9 to Drumheller

SlowLude
08-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Anyone wishing to travel to Drumheller (like I did today) should AVOID taking HWY 9 at all costs. (Unless you drive either a truck or an SUV or don't care about your car.) There is massive construction and unpaved roads that goes on for half a fuckin hour. I thought this was a Lake Louise type of construction that left at least one lane open but NO, not a centimeter of paved road that lasted for not 5 minutes but 30!! I'm lucky my car wasn't lowered or else the body kit would have been totalled. Now my car has 10x the rattle. I'm so pissed.

Lucky97
08-05-2007, 11:33 PM
it should be done soon. i go to drumheller every week. to go fishing =D and i take my skyline. its not that bad but jsut long

aypi
08-05-2007, 11:34 PM
yah, we went there last month and the road is so bad!!!! :thumbsdow the worst thing about it is, it was raining too when we went there so it makes it even worse!!!! :banghead: my car is lowered and with 40 series tires, just imagine that!!!! :cry:

Redlyne_mr2
08-05-2007, 11:36 PM
there is no way anyone with a lowered car would survive.. its savage... and goes on and on, seriously like a 4x4 trail.

aypi
08-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
there is no way anyone with a lowered car would survive.. its savage... and goes on and on, seriously like a 4x4 trail.

you just need to go really really slow and avoid deep holes on the road. good thing nobody is behind me. lol

SlowLude
08-06-2007, 12:14 AM
I kept up about 40 cars behind me cuz I was going so slow. They even honked at me and I'm like WTF? Can't you see I'm no redneck? The workers were giving me a look like "I can't believe you made it this far". By the time I was done I almost cried. My poor baby.

GoChris
08-06-2007, 08:23 AM
turn at beiseker and go towards acme. then turn east at acme and that will put you into drumheller. no construction and a decent road.

Jay911
08-06-2007, 10:28 AM
I drove out that way on Saturday. Other than the asshat in the BMW X5 who was passing everyone in the construction zone and definitely going way over the 50 kph limit, I didn't find any major problems with the trip. Well, other than a scraper trying to back out onto the driving lanes without any flaggers helping him... almost munched the X5. :D

They do have signs up at both ends of the 9 (in Drum and west of the Carbon store) indicating that you could take the 575 instead. I drove it on my way back out of Drum and it was perfect.

avow
08-07-2007, 01:07 PM
wasn't the spring cruise out in drumheller? I guess the construction hadn't started then? :dunno:

TegLover
08-07-2007, 01:24 PM
yeah drove on it last month, it wasn't too bad cause i could find roads worse in some parts of Calgary LOL. But then again that was last month and i had an SUV. It sure was long though.

Euro838
08-08-2007, 09:15 AM
So what's the best way to go out to Drumheller? Planning to go there on Friday.