PDA

View Full Version : Aniversary Ideas...

spikerS
08-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Ok guys / gals, i dropped the ball today.

today is my 2nd wedding anniversary, and I got nothing. no clue what to do, no clue what kind of gift I need, ect, ect.

I need some ideas, nothing too expensive, but nice for a gift and dinner out. my wife needs not to know I forgot.

Chris.

Lucky97
08-06-2007, 09:06 AM
take her to banff. get some roses. and take her out to this maple louge (sp?) for dinner. that place is very nice

ICEBERG
08-06-2007, 09:07 AM
How about a nice watch? You can buy a nice Tissot for like $250-$300..

Just an idea..

Happy Anniversary.

Cheers,

Kritafo
08-06-2007, 09:23 AM
well your wife is going to find out...cause when you leave and say...ahh I have to get something, that will be her first indication. If she is not up get your ass to shoppers or walmart for a card at the very minimum. Flowers if you can find them.

I get mad every single year cause my man forgets everything, birthday anniversaries..even Christmas one year. It's very annoying but we are still together it's been 14 years.

Take a walk through Kensington and let her pick out a restaurant. Watch your wedding video. I know guys don't like to watch it, but it will be good.

spikerS
08-06-2007, 09:26 AM
i am kinda lucky with that right now. I am at work today, so she still does not know i forgot lol. i still got time!

BrknFngrs
08-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Centini's resteraunt, amazing place. No way she'll be mad after that

Melinda
08-06-2007, 09:34 AM
See if you can book her in somewhere for a massage today and tell her where to go and what time. Then book it home with some roses, candles and groceries for a great candle lit meal. Start cooking and when she gets home, run her a relaxing bath while you finish getting everything ready. After dinner, take her for ice cream or a nice walk or watch a movie of her choosing. Fairly easy with little to buy. Scores some major "Aww you didn't forget" points lol.

EK 2.0
08-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Buy her shoes...I am trying to get my gf into liking sneakers as much as I do. haha...

But hey what do I know??...haha Listen to the married women on here...

l/l/rX
08-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
See if you can book her in somewhere for a massage today and tell her where to go and what time. Then book it home with some roses, candles and groceries for a great candle lit meal. Start cooking and when she gets home, run her a relaxing bath while you finish getting everything ready. After dinner, take her for ice cream or a nice walk or watch a movie of her choosing. Fairly easy with little to buy. Scores some major "Aww you didn't forget" points lol.

wow...this idea sounds great! that would definitely end with some sex. :angel: :D

Kritafo
08-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Okay you lucked out...your at work.

Try to get it all organized before you get home. Don't forget to do any of it.

Do you have a special restaurant. First Date restaurant, proposal restaurant..one she is talking about trying?

Traditional 2nd anniversary gifts are (traditional)Cotton - (Modern)China

I know not many people follow them...but it is just a suggestion.

spikerS
08-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo

Traditional 2nd anniversary gifts are (traditional)Cotton - (Modern)China

I know not many people follow them...but it is just a suggestion.

Cotton? WTF? I am supposed to buy her tampons? lol

what are some good ideas for this? i know she was talking about the gifts are supposed to go along with how many years you have been married. like gold or something for the 25th, diamonds for 50 or some such..

Tik-Tok
08-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by spikers
Ok guys / gals, i dropped the ball today.

today is my 2nd wedding anniversary, and I got nothing. no clue what to do, no clue what kind of gift I need, ect, ect.

I need some ideas, nothing too expensive, but nice for a gift and dinner out. my wife needs not to know I forgot.

Chris.

Flowers man, LOTS of flowers, Costco always has nice ones, and their open today. Instead of a small bouquet, and a $200 gift, get her like $300 in roses. She'll LOVE IT

Kritafo
08-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Yes Cotton and China are 2nd Anniversary gifts.

Cotton could be sheets, robe stuff like that.

They have really beautiful cotton robes at Crabtree and Evelyn. Or go get a high thread count set of sheets.

Here is the chart

Anniversary # Traditional Gift Modern Gift
First Paper Clocks
Second Cotton China
Third Leather Crystal / Glass
Fourth Fruit / Flowers Appliances
Fifth Wood Silverware
Sixth Candy / Iron Wood
Seventh Wool / Copper Desk Sets
Eighth Bronze / Pottery Linens / Lace
Ninth Pottery / Willow Leather
Tenth Tin / Aluminum Diamond Jewelry
Eleventh Steel Fashion Jewelry
Twelfth Silk/Linen Pearls
Thirteenth Lace Textiles / Furs
Fourteenth Ivory Gold Jewelry
Fifteenth Crystal Watches
Twentieth China Platinum
Twenty-Fifth Silver Silver
Thirtieth Pearl Diamond
Thirty-Fifth Coral Jade
Fortieth Ruby Ruby
Forty-Fifth Sapphire Sapphire
Fiftieth Gold Gold
Fifty-Fifth Emerald Emerald
Sixtieth Diamond Diamond

TomcoPDR
08-06-2007, 01:40 PM
nice dinner :dunno:

D. Dub
08-06-2007, 05:46 PM
--- day at the spa for her and a friend/mom/sister :thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
08-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub
--- day at the spa for her and a friend/mom/sister :thumbsup:

What if it gets mistaken as a request for manage a trois? JUST KIDDING, I think that's a good idea :thumbsup:

pattyt
08-06-2007, 07:20 PM
so what did u end up doing for her? curious to find out lol

88CRXGUY
08-06-2007, 08:58 PM
^^ I am aswell to see what you pulled out of your ass when you were at work lol.

Gondi Stylez
08-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Let's hear the breakdown :bigpimp:

CLiVE
08-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Kritafo
Fourth Fruit / Flowers Appliances

Done! #4 for me on August 9th. So fruit and a blender it is!
Guess we're having smoothies for dinner. haha. :D

ken-gsr
08-07-2007, 01:05 PM
^nice lol

spikerS
08-07-2007, 01:28 PM
ok, here is the breakdown

had 3 dozen roses delivered to the house, mix of red white and yellow and a small box of bernard calibeau (sp?) chocolates.

Called a buddy of mine and got him to send a driver and car to pick the wife up, brought her to the Saltlik for dinner.

Jumped into our car, drove to K country to troll falls and did a small hike to a place a buddy of mine had left a small picnic basket with some wine and cheese and crackers under the top falls.

drove home, had a shower together and cuddled. watched city of angles ( her favorite movie) after the fun.

Kritafo
08-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Well done! Glad to hear that some men are capable of pulling it all off!

Mine just admits defeat before trying!

Anton
08-07-2007, 02:00 PM

had 3 dozen roses delivered to the house, mix of red white and yellow and a small box of bernard calibeau (sp?) chocolates.

Called a buddy of mine and got him to send a driver and car to pick the wife up, brought her to the Saltlik for dinner.

Jumped into our car, drove to K country to troll falls and did a small hike to a place a buddy of mine had left a small picnic basket with some wine and cheese and crackers under the top falls.

drove home, had a shower together and cuddled. watched city of angles ( her favorite movie) after the fun.

Well done! You have good friends.

Amysicle
08-07-2007, 02:21 PM

That's really impressive. All in the span of less than 24 hours. Jack Bauer has nothing on you.

P.S. Your woman is very lucky!

Gondi Stylez
08-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Pssh....:poosie:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HybridTheory
08-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Well done man. I'm sure your wife was very happy. :thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
08-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Spikers:

Please erase this thread before my wife reads it and expects the same level of romantacism from me.

Thanks in advance,

Tik-Tok

:rofl:

Good job though :thumbsup: , doubt any of my ahole friends would set that up for me.

Kritafo
08-08-2007, 11:51 AM
yeah...I am depressed now ... my birthday is tomorrow and even though my husband will be at work, I know in my mind he has planned nothing. ...It will be a sad day for me.

Dayclone
08-08-2007, 01:33 PM
WoW Impressive!! 24hrs and you got all that man u must of some very dedicated buddies to help you in 10 seconds flat and drive all the way out to K-Country.

He's definitely the romantic type of guy eh??

mekeni
08-08-2007, 06:03 PM
very good job !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's a good thing my wife doesn't expect something, ever... I think :dunno:

SilverRex
08-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Flowers man, LOTS of flowers, Costco always has nice ones, and their open today. Instead of a small bouquet, and a $200 gift, get her like $300 in roses. She'll LOVE IT

man my wife hates flowers, not that she doesnt like them, but the fact when I buy them, she will scream at me for wasting money. :(

then again I can say i got them for free.

but if she finds out im lying, I am one dead man :cry: