PDA

View Full Version : BMW Gallery

Minr
08-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Just out of curiosity has anyone worked for BMW here before? I just got an offer for a partsman job. I was just wondering what BMW is like to work for as a company. Anyone know if partsmen get demo cars....wishfull thinking I know heh.

TomcoPDR
08-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Minr
Anyone know if partsmen get demo cars...

I don't even think the sales force get demo cars anymore, I hear back in the 80's and early 90's every sales person can drive a "demo" off the lot... Most dealers in Calgary stopped doing that because of the damages and deductibles they started to deal with.

Now a days I think most dealerships only let selected persons drive "demos" such as General manager, owner's 1st wife, owner's current wife.

Minr
08-06-2007, 12:35 PM
ah well, will still be a fun job. At least I get to look at nice cars I cant afford all day long.

scat19
08-06-2007, 12:36 PM
and pretty decent deals i do believe.... cough cough

turbotrip
08-07-2007, 12:20 AM
a good friend of mine is a partsman at bmw gallery, and he gets to take out cars on weekends and stuff but that might just be because hes worked there for a while. And scat is right, you get some pretty good deals, and getting your car serviced there is practically free!