PDA

View Full Version : Women sexually assaulted then left for dead in the SE

copynpaste
08-06-2007, 03:23 PM
What the hell? So people nearby heard this poor girls cry for help and ignored it? :thumbsdow How would they like to be the one sexually assaulted and left for dead? This kind of sh!t pisses me off, very disturbing....some people just dont have a soul.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=8336e92e-ffda-4f72-96f1-f932d831e6cf&k=35904

The woman, who police say was leading a high risk lifestyle, collapsed just metres from a home's door.

Detectives investigating the woman's death used dozens of orange pylons to mark a trail of blood the victim left as she staggered down a hill from a hockey rink and baseball diamond and out of Ramsay Park.

:(

MackDawg
08-06-2007, 03:24 PM
wow whats this city turning into van?

teddye03
08-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Disgusting..... what some people can do these days really makes me sick..... makes me want to move to a small town in the maritimes or something

Hakkola
08-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by teddye03
Disgusting..... what some people can do these days really makes me sick..... makes me want to move to a small town in the maritimes or something

Move to Port Coquitlam, it's small, and nothing bad ever happens there.

01RedDX
08-06-2007, 04:00 PM

Hakkola
08-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Try the local pork.

You mean crack-whore on a bun?

SilverGS
08-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Man its getting bad. There is a term called Genovese Syndrome where people may hear or see a violent act take place yet don't do anything because they are scared for themselves if they do anything and the attacker goes after them.

How hard would it of been to pick of the phone and call 911... sigh Calgary is going from a big small city to and small big city really quickly.

Godfuader
08-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by SilverGS
Man its getting bad. There is a term called Genovese Syndrome where people may hear or see a violent act take place yet don't do anything because they are scared for themselves if they do anything and the attacker goes after them.

:werd: It still holds true because very few people would advance in the direction of someone in trouble, in fear that they might be victims themselves. And what exactly is "high risk lifestyle"...guessing she was a hooker or a junkie.

Supa Dexta
08-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by teddye03

Can't wait to move back... take the money and run is my plan..! :burnout:

bignerd
08-08-2007, 02:13 AM
Sounds like perhaps the residents are elderly... usually they don't like to get involved in things like that. Would hate to be the person that heard this, didn't call, and has to live with the thought that you could of saved someone's life by simply picking up a phone-but chose not too. Even if you didn't know what it was or thought maybe you heard wrong, wouldn't you rather error on the side of caution? Usually the cops don't mind checking it out if you think you genuinely heard someone crying "help".

SCHIDER23
08-08-2007, 04:46 AM
:eek: RIP damn another death they said an autopsy won't be conducted by the medical examiner's office until Wednesday due to a backlog of deaths in recent days. :thumbsdow

Mangina
08-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader

And what exactly is "high risk lifestyle"...guessing she was a hooker or a junkie.

Yup. Another crack-whore hooker off the streets.

Crymson
08-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Hey, but don't worry guys, the cops still have plenty of manpower to stet up 7:30AM speed traps in the burbs! Feel SAFE!

Godfuader
08-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Crymson
Hey, but don't worry guys, the cops still have plenty of manpower to stet up 7:30AM speed traps in the burbs! Feel SAFE!
Its not about manpower, I don't feel safe roaming the streets after sunset, neither do the cops. Besides, speed trap revenue lets the cps get the newest toys.

eb0i
08-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Mangina

And a murderer is still at large...

Mangina
08-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by eb0i

And a murderer is still at large...

Wild guess here....but the murderer is probably another crack head, and she probably had sex for crack, and then they got into a fight over crack.

SilverGS
08-08-2007, 12:36 PM
regardless of life style she was still screaming for help and someone could have at least called 911 from the safety of there home

finboy
08-08-2007, 12:41 PM

so you think its a good thing that a woman was raped and murdered, and the murderer is still free?

classy

yellowsnow
08-08-2007, 12:53 PM

Wild guess here....but the murderer is probably another crack head, and she probably had sex for crack, and then they got into a fight over crack.

you're right, that is a stupid wild guess.

are u completely overlooking the fact that she was screaming for help, but her cries were IGNORED, and she was left to DIE. Cuz that's the ONLY part that really disturbs me.

BigDannyCool
08-08-2007, 12:54 PM

Yup. Could have been your sister.

Primer_Drift
08-08-2007, 01:55 PM
It is a "group think" mentality that allows things like this to happen.. when individuals are placed in an emergency situation they react with much more self-responsibility than if they were in a large group of people. Everyone assumes that someone else has taken responsibility for witnessing the violent crime or ailing person, and no one renders aid. Yeah its bad, but it is a VERY common occurance.

Charon
08-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Crymson

Trained police/detectives to handle these sorts of incidents are not the same officers that do speed traps.

Thats like saying there is not enough crude oil to make gas so we should start using all that peanut oil that is just laying around.

Mangina
08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

Yup. Could have been your sister.

Sister?

TeamBestBud
08-08-2007, 04:20 PM

Sister?

Mom?

em2ab
08-08-2007, 05:29 PM
I live downtown, do you know how many times I've heard girls screaming and dialed 9-1 on my phone before I heard them laughing? I just ignore it altogether now. I heard before it's better to yell FIRE instead of HELP if you're in trouble because you'll get a better response.

jay42w8
08-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by SilverGS

How hard would it of been to pick of the phone and call 911... sigh Calgary is going from a big small city to and small big city really quickly.

if you lived on a street where crackwhores and crackheads walked around all day, would you bother calling the cops if you heard a "disturbance"? not saying its the right thing to do....but you can't blame them or wonder why

lilmira
08-08-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm guessing that one should be able to distinguish scream for help from scream for nothing, especially from someone who thinks he/she may die.

Mangina
08-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud

Mom?

Dad?