PDA

View Full Version : Another exotic encounter

kenny
06-25-2003, 03:19 PM
Nice color too! Just saw it on Deerfoot...

Ben
06-25-2003, 03:20 PM
*whistles*

Nice!

Weapon_R
06-25-2003, 03:22 PM
Out of respect, maybe you want to block the license plate?

kenny
06-25-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Out of respect, maybe you want to block the license plate?

:devil:

rage2
06-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Judging from the colors near the plate, I'd say it's pshop'd and fake :).

Ben
06-25-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Judging from the colors near the plate, I'd say it's pshop'd and fake :).

Pfft, I'm at work, had to use the crappy ass Microsoft Photo Editor to blur the plate.

tegdream
06-25-2003, 06:03 PM
whats the point of blurring the liscense plate, it snot like theres any more of thsoe in the city...unles theres something im missing...

Ben
06-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by tegdream
whats the point of blurring the liscense plate, it snot like theres any more of thsoe in the city...unles theres something im missing...

The only reason I do and I understand its a lost cause, but If I take a pic of someones car, sometimes with the owners knowledge, sometimes without, I am hosting it on my server. I am responsible for the info on that, and if a thief is looking through my pics and Likes a car, he has reference to what it looks like 24/7 from the privacy of his home, he can reference the plate and if he has an 'In' at the DMV he can find out the location of the owners home. He can scout out buyers using my quality pics of it, and then go steal the car/parts by order. I know this sounds extreme, but hey, I'm doing my part for the people who are kind enough to let me take pics of their car. If I prevented a theft by blurring out a plate, then we all win.

Make sense?

Canadian 2.5RS
06-25-2003, 07:32 PM
the plate would work better if it was a diablo anyways.

BlaCkPlaGUE
06-25-2003, 09:03 PM
Isn't that the countouche, however the fuck you spell it.

But shit thats amazing.

Saw a yellow one last year at the husky on 32nd and barlow, friggen awesome. Had quad exhaust that came out of the rear and pointed upwards, truly awesome.

tegdream
06-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Ben

The only reason I do and I understand its a lost cause, but If I take a pic of someones car, sometimes with the owners knowledge, sometimes without, I am hosting it on my server. I am responsible for the info on that, and if a thief is looking through my pics and Likes a car, he has reference to what it looks like 24/7 from the privacy of his home, he can reference the plate and if he has an 'In' at the DMV he can find out the location of the owners home. He can scout out buyers using my quality pics of it, and then go steal the car/parts by order. I know this sounds extreme, but hey, I'm doing my part for the people who are kind enough to let me take pics of their car. If I prevented a theft by blurring out a plate, then we all win.

Make sense?

thats kool...just that w hile back i saw someone ask ZorroAMG why he didnt blurr his plate and he said its no tlike theres any cars exactly lik his that someone wouldnt be able to find it if they wanted to ..my bad:dunno:

ninjak84
06-25-2003, 11:03 PM
I'm almost 100% sure that Lambo is a kit car running off a VW Beetle engine/chassis.

Moonracer
06-25-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
I'm almost 100% sure that Lambo is a kit car running off a VW Beetle engine/chassis.

Not!

DonJuan
06-25-2003, 11:41 PM
NO WAY! That is the real deal! al those kits look off in some way, usually shorter wheel base. And don't the kits usualy use a Fiero as the donor vehicle? A dude down the street from me has a purple Diablo kit car that he made. It looked again shorter wheel base which threw it off, but none the less very pimpy. Come to think of it I havn't seen it yet this year? wonder if he sold it?:bigpimp:

XylathaneGTR
06-25-2003, 11:52 PM
Yeah, Fiero, MR2's, and ive heard of Delsol to F355 Kit cars, but not a VW beetle...
How could you tell the dif...the car looks legit to me...

Audi Kid
06-26-2003, 12:27 AM
it is real look at the suspension linkage and shit wewwwy beutiful!

CRXguy
06-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Audi Kid
it is real look at the suspension linkage and shit wewwwy beutiful!

holy shit, where have you been? busy cleaning toilets? :rofl:

RiceCake
06-27-2003, 12:53 AM
Damn I want to see some exotics :(

Nice find though Ken! :thumbsup:

Troy
06-27-2003, 12:56 AM
thats my friends uncles car I think, im going to see it on saturday too ill take pics :D

Redlyne_mr2
06-27-2003, 12:58 AM
I love the old Countachs who in Calgary would service such a car

DonJuan
06-27-2003, 02:42 AM
The guys shops at Canadian tire for parts and service that he can trust.:nut: hehe

SplineZ
06-27-2003, 03:39 AM
Heh all those cars metioned can be used as "donor cars". Frame Stretching is quite common amung kits... Ive seen replica cars so acturate you'd be hard pressed to tell it was a kit :)

James Z

kevie88
06-27-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I love the old Countachs who in Calgary would service such a car

There's a place on edmonton trail next to Pro Am Motorcycles... The name's on the tip of my tongue.. I'll edit if I remember.

Back in 95-96 I worked at Pro Am and saw soooo many lambo's, Ferrari's it was sick. One time I was talking with the owner of a gorgeous 70 Daytona 365GTB.. it was incredible! The guy was so surprised that I knew what it was that he took me for a spin in it. Awesome sound from those old V12's!! :eek:

kenny
06-27-2003, 07:27 PM

On the contrary! I am almost 100% sure it was real based on what I saw, and what I heard as I drove beside him.

ramminghard
06-27-2003, 07:32 PM
saw it today at autotemp. Pimp ride

Alpine Autowerks
06-27-2003, 07:55 PM
I saw it at THAT stereo shop too, ...it's real... I've worked on a few.

The shop on Edmonton Tr. is Allesandro Motors, Sandro is a neat guy, I worked with him after highschool as a partts/service/accessory guy.

Speed_Dreams
06-27-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by ramminghard
saw it today at autotemp. Pimp ride

As did i...hes prolly getting a system put in it besause lambos don't come factory with them

Alpine Autowerks
06-28-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
As did i...hes prolly getting a system put in it besause lambos don't come factory with them

They came with Alpine stereo...He probably wanted to change out the 15 year old casstte deck for something more modern.

Kona9
06-30-2003, 01:25 PM
A little off the Lambo topic ( nice pics by the way ) but, as for the kit comments. I had a roommate back in Kelowna that did up his Fiero. ( funny I know, but he liked it ) anyway he wanted to make it into a 355, so he went as far as to locate a company that does it and bought the video. I watched it with him, and it involves a 6"frame stretch and a wack of other stuff. If you see the movie " The Rock" I believe it is, there is a scene with a chase in San Fran and they wreck a yellow 355 spyder, thats a Fiero made by the same company from the video my romate bought.

B17a
06-30-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by kenny

and what I heard as I drove beside him.

I think that's the key there. I saw a yellow Countach downtown a couple years back, looked pretty real, then the guy started it up and my Teg had more of a growl to it so I'm pretty sure it was fake.

Redlyne_mr2
06-30-2003, 02:52 PM
They definitely arent an easy car to drive especially on city streets. They require a little bit of attention to keep operations normal when driving, Ive never driven one but I have ridden in one. It had to be constantly revved so it wouldnt stall out and releasing the clutch had to be done carefully

Troy
06-30-2003, 04:07 PM
If thats the same car (looks the same) I got a ride in it on saturday..AMAZING car..sooooo fast, its really loud to, we were ripping around and someone called the cops on us, it also has 624 hp.
its not in to great of shape the front is lip is all chipped

GT2NV
07-03-2003, 01:48 AM
hmmm i havent read the whole thread but theres a white one like this in my area and its definatly a kit car, due to the truck sounding exaust that follows this sexy car around

GT2NV
07-03-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I love the old Countachs a car
personally there my favorite exotic of all time:drool:

foss
07-03-2003, 03:11 AM
what a dumb plate

Troy
07-03-2003, 03:15 AM
its pshopped retard

Dj_Stylz
07-03-2003, 02:54 PM
Yea it looks good. I also think it is a kit.