PDA

View Full Version : The neighborhood off Glenmore+Crowchild. What's it called?

rc2002
08-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Driving on the ramp from Crowchild S onto Glenmore E, I see brand new houses on the right side being put up just south of the Bingo hall).

Anyone know who's developing in that area? Or what the area is called?

joyridder
08-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Garrison Greens - new area
Lincon Park, Altadore
Lakeview

frozenrice
08-07-2007, 11:34 AM
IIRC, most of those homes are refurbished from when the base used to be there, so they're not exactly "new".

http://www.cren.ca/content_view?CONTENT_ID=1143&MODE=CATEGORY&CONTENT_CATEGORY_ID=streetwise&CONTENT_CATEGORY_NAME=Streetwise

bigboom
08-07-2007, 12:54 PM
its garrison greens, that whole bingo hall complex is being torn down pretty soon as well.

rc2002
08-07-2007, 01:12 PM
That's the one I was thinking of. Garrison greens. Seems like a pretty good location for a new neighborhood. Kind of pricey, but it would sure beat living way out in the boonies.

Pacman
08-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I like that area. Anybody know what is happening with the ATCO buildings?

There are some nice houses for sale that back onto the ATCO complex. It would be nice if they tore that structure down and did some type of residential or shopping development.

bigboom
08-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Pacman

There are some nice houses for sale that back onto the ATCO complex. It would be nice if they tore that structure down and did some type of residential or shopping development.

i had a buddy own a bottle depot in there and they kicked them out and said they were going to develop it. no details but it is going to be torn down.

max_boost
08-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
That's the one I was thinking of. Garrison greens. Seems like a pretty good location for a new neighborhood. Kind of pricey, but it would sure beat living way out in the boonies. It's a really nice area and good access to the core.

You're changing your mind about buying now? ;)

euro tang
08-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
It's a really nice area and good access to the core.

Very good access. I own a condo in that neighbourhood and almost never encountered a traffic jam to or from dt.

Darkane
08-07-2007, 06:26 PM
If you can afford it, yes buy there! If you want attached doubles with lots of room, Buy in Bridlewood/Evergreen area. Lots to find under 400k.

johnyboy11
08-07-2007, 07:32 PM
I own a Single family house in Garrison Green, it's a sweet community in my opinion (even better once its done). By the way most houses here are new, and then there are some that are refurbished. I own one of the refurbished ones, and everything is brand new except the frame of the house because the wood is higher quality then what they would use nowadays. We bought almost a year ago and it's appraised at 150,000 more then when bought. Still wouldn't sell.

01RedDX
08-07-2007, 11:44 PM

rc2002
08-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
It's a really nice area and good access to the core.

You're changing your mind about buying now? ;)

Haha. My money isn't doing well in the market so I'm toying with the idea. Ideally I'd like to buy a place without taking out a mortgage, but that might not be so realistic anymore.

Euro838
08-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Pacman

That is probably the biggest eyesore there. Hopefully someone will be willing to cough up enough dough to buy the land from them or the city should make them renovate their building or something.