PDA

View Full Version : Nice old man in a blue PT Cruiser

Hakkola
08-07-2007, 02:13 PM
On my way back from the gym I took the rd, (not glenmore), from mt royal college to crowchild south, you take a left turn to get onto crowchild and people taking the right turn onto crowchild have a yield sign, I had green and went, the PT decided to ignore the yield and went in front of me, fine, no big deal. He procedes to go 20 around the ramp, fine, no big deal. Then in the merge lane I go, and merge first since he is going slow, then he merges after me and flips the bird, so I blow him a little kiss, it was nice right?

So he turns into the lane beside me since it is a dual lane ramp onto glenmore, I slow down to slightly below limit so I can give him a little smile, and he catches up, and pulls toward my lane like he's going to run me off the road! So, being the calm easy going guy I am, I slowed down and went behind him, took out my phone and took a picture of the car, and took down the license plate.

Older guy with a big grey moustache, blue PT Cruiser, plate YZJ 668. If anyone knows the guy tell him I said hi. ;)

I'm going to call the calgary police service and leave a complaint, anybody know the extension?

I was going to follow him and ask for an apology but I figured there were possible legal issues with that, so I took it easy. :dunno: When we were beside each other on 14th st I gave him the thumbsup, he should have seen me taking pics. :D

JRSC00LUDE
08-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Stupid me, I actually thought it was going to be a positive comment about a good driver. :rofl:

Jlude
08-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Stupid me, I actually thought it was going to be a positive comment about a good driver. :rofl:

Me Too! What was I thinking!

Like the way you handled the situation though!:thumbsup:

SunniSunShine
08-07-2007, 02:30 PM
TTIUWOP

i wanna see his stache

l8braker
08-07-2007, 02:31 PM
There is an old guy with a moustache and a blue PT in Oakridge. I'll check the plates for you when i'm down that way tonight.

Hakkola
08-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
There is an old guy with a moustache and a blue PT in Oakridge. I'll check the plates for you when i'm down that way tonight.

Cool. I wouldn't do anything to get me in trouble with the law, I like having a clean record, but I think maybe asking for an apology and embarrasing him would be a good lesson for him.

PINOY-X
08-07-2007, 02:35 PM
............:drama:

Hakkola
08-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by PINOY-X
............:drama:

You telling me that if someone made a motion to run you off the road you wouldn't be upset? He came within a foot of my car, I could have reached out and touched his hood.

SilverGS
08-07-2007, 02:52 PM
If you reported him could he get a stunting ticket for that move?

PINOY-X
08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

You telling me that if someone made a motion to run you off the road you wouldn't be upset? He came within a foot of my car, I could have reached out and touched his hood.

dnt get me wrong .. u handled the situation very well
..but not everyone has common sense when it comes to driving .. i wud see why ud be upset .. but i dnt see the point of going to the police and wasting ur time and dey probably wnt do anything ..

Hakkola
08-07-2007, 02:58 PM
I might not go to the police, I know it is likely that they will only leave a note on his file, if even, but maybe they won't be lenient towards him next time he gets pulled over. :dunno:

Dayclone
08-07-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't think their going to do much will they?

Cause I've seen A LOT of wreckless drivers and I'd always follow and catch liscense plate numbers... So if Calgary Police did something about it then let me tell you they'd be pretty busy cause of me lol...

Steve

spyce
08-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Calgary drivers these days.

Ill guess Ill go on my little rant. Its sorta similar? lol

Anyways I was heading down bow trail and on 9th ave in downtown going probably like 55km/h or so and this guy in a corolla blows by and cuts in front of me nearly clipping my front bumper. I honk and then he gives me the finger. So I thought I would go in the far left lane and see who this douche was. The nose of my car was pretty much at his door and I was about to take a look at him when he decides to move into my lane again. This guy didnt even signal or anything and he was lucky I was right by 5th st there so that there was an extra temporary lane to my left to go to the parkade beside Cowboys. Otherwise I probably woulda hopped a fucking curb and crashed. He was that sudden and quick with moving into my lane again.

So now Im pissed. I speed up and catch up to him and get in front of him by about 2nd st or so and slow down. Made sure the fucker actually stay the speed limit and boxing him in between other cars so that he couldnt cut more people off. He then proceeds to honk me from 1st st all the way to macleod which was where I was turning to go pick up my buddy at the Stampede grounds. Flips on his highbeams and keeps them on till I reached the lights by the humptys there. To my surprise its some 50 year old guy. Looked like Dr. Chandra Suresh from heroes. He starts lipping me off. But his windows were still up :rolleyes: Finally realizes I can barely hear a thing he's saying (and likely anything I was saying back to him). Proceeds to call me 3 names: asshole, shithead, fucking shanghai. Then goes on to say 'come over here and I hurt you' :eek:

Man was that guy just a moron. I couldnt believe this was the guy that was driving like a jackass and talking a bunch of smack. After about a min waiting at the lights I had enough and just rolled up my windows and waited for the turning light

/end rant :whipped:

old&slow
08-07-2007, 03:01 PM
If you had seen what a fat fuck in a red minivan did to me on Sunday you woulda shit. He did try and run me off the road...purposely...more than once!

Graham_A_M
08-07-2007, 03:07 PM
^ Jesus, how did you manage to piss him off THAT much? :eek:

Toms-SC
08-07-2007, 03:07 PM
266-1234

Jlude
08-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by spyce
Calgary drivers these days.

Ill guess Ill go on my little rant. Its sorta similar? lol

Anyways I was heading down bow trail and on 9th ave in downtown going probably like 55km/h or so and this guy in a corolla blows by and cuts in front of me nearly clipping my front bumper. I honk and then he gives me the finger. So I thought I would go in the far left lane and see who this douche was. The nose of my car was pretty much at his door and I was about to take a look at him when he decides to move into my lane again. This guy didnt even signal or anything and he was lucky I was right by 5th st there so that there was an extra temporary lane to my left to go to the parkade beside Cowboys. Otherwise I probably woulda hopped a fucking curb and crashed. He was that sudden and quick with moving into my lane again.

So now Im pissed. I speed up and catch up to him and get in front of him by about 2nd st or so and slow down. Made sure the fucker actually stay the speed limit and boxing him in between other cars so that he couldnt cut more people off. He then proceeds to honk me from 1st st all the way to macleod which was where I was turning to go pick up my buddy at the Stampede grounds. Flips on his highbeams and keeps them on till I reached the lights by the humptys there. To my surprise its some 50 year old guy. Looked like Dr. Chandra Suresh from heroes. He starts lipping me off. But his windows were still up :rolleyes: Finally realizes I can barely hear a thing he's saying (and likely anything I was saying back to him). Proceeds to call me 3 names: asshole, shithead, fucking shanghai. Then goes on to say 'come over here and I hurt you' :eek:

Man was that guy just a moron. I couldnt believe this was the guy that was driving like a jackass and talking a bunch of smack. After about a min waiting at the lights I had enough and just rolled up my windows and waited for the turning light

/end rant :whipped:

Your story brought back bad memories of the weekend!

I was southbound on deerfoot, I took the glenmore exit.. (I was planning to go eastbound) So, if you know that exit ramp, drivers coming off of glenmore to go southbound on deerfoot have TWO yield signs (I believe one on each side of the lane).
I'm driving straight... probably doing 70 or so since just coming off deerfoot and this douchebag in a newer style black dakota doing roughly the same speed as me decides to run the f'n yield sign without even looking and comes very close to smoking me. I cut over and my mirror was inches away from the concrete barrier. I was sooo pissed off after that. Unfortunatly he was behind me after this so I wasn't able to get a license plate number.

arian_ma
08-07-2007, 03:16 PM
On my way back from the gym I took the rd, (not glenmore), from mt royal college to crowchild south, you take a left turn to get onto crowchild and people taking the right turn onto crowchild have a yield sign, I had green and went, the PT decided to ignore the yield and went in front of me, fine, no big deal. He procedes to go 20 around the ramp, fine, no big deal. Then in the merge lane I go, and merge first since he is going slow, then he merges after me and flips the bird, so I blow him a little kiss, it was nice right?

So he turns into the lane beside me since it is a dual lane ramp onto glenmore, I slow down to slightly below limit so I can give him a little smile, and he catches up, and pulls toward my lane like he's going to run me off the road! So, being the calm easy going guy I am, I slowed down and went behind him, took out my phone and took a picture of the car, and took down the license plate.

Older guy with a big grey moustache, blue PT Cruiser, plate YZJ 668. If anyone knows the guy tell him I said hi. ;)

I'm going to call the calgary police service and leave a complaint, anybody know the extension?

I was going to follow him and ask for an apology but I figured there were possible legal issues with that, so I took it easy. :dunno: When we were beside each other on 14th st I gave him the thumbsup, he should have seen me taking pics. :D

Seems to me like you kept provoking the dude. He may be an angry driver, but if you want to have less headaches, why would you lower yourself to his level and keep provoking him?

Dayclone
08-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Got a qusetion,

If the driver in a car decides to run you off the road and you didn't move or go anywhere and he does hit you... would it be his fault??

and if he does run u off the road you can try doing the P.I.T. on him because he's already made contact with your vehicle and all you gotta do is steer the other way that he's coming in from and it would be all his fault and that'll teach him a lesson to try running people off the road :D

PINOY-X
08-07-2007, 03:32 PM
yea of course it would be his (guy dat tries to run u over) fault ... its an unsafe lane change and im pretty sure u will get ALOT of witnesses

Jlude
08-07-2007, 03:45 PM
yea of course it would be his (guy dat tries to run u over) fault ... its an unsafe lane change and im pretty sure u will get ALOT of witnesses

Better be sure you've got plenty of witnesses.

PINOY-X
08-07-2007, 03:47 PM
yea unless this happens really late at nite or really early in the morning or ur out of nowhere haha

pardip_johal
08-07-2007, 03:51 PM
:drama:

signature7
08-07-2007, 03:52 PM
certain cops will react to things differently if you talk to them. I remember i witnessed a champagne colour acura hitting a ford taurus i think. The acura went on the shoulder of 16th and the ford followed, once the acura saw that the ford had stopped he jetted off like no tommorow. I was directly behind him going on 16th and it was slow moving traffic, so i could catch his licence plate. I was planning to play ball at sait and it so happen that he was in the turning lane to turn into sait so i was behind him, getting ready to turn in as well. Once the light hit green, he quickly changed lanes to his right and sped off down 16th leaving me boxed in and unable to follow him-not that i was going to anyways.

I got to sait parking and i called the police, telling them what i saw and the cop tells me, oh there's nothing we can do about it. She said "no one has reported this yet", she didn't ask for my contact number or even for the guys licence plate. I just felt bad for the other driver. oh and the guy in the acura is old too, in his mid forties.

Hakkola
08-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

Seems to me like you kept provoking the dude. He may be an angry driver, but if you want to have less headaches, why would you lower yourself to his level and keep provoking him?

Keep provoking him? From his line of sight it probably looked like the rear view of this little guy: :dunno: Besides, I'd say a smile or something is nowhere near the level of giving someone the finger.

I almost got run over by a truck making a turn from a backstreet onto a mainroad and I didn't even honk at the guy. I'm probably one of the most laid back drivers in the city.

I wouldn't have been mad at all if it wasn't for him acting like he was going to run me off the road.

So tell me, how did I keep provoking him? I made only one light-hearted action? I never smiled at him when he came beside my car, I was too busy trying to keep my car away from the guy.

old&slow
08-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Jesus, how did you manage to piss him off THAT much? :eek:

He was lane changing and tailgating like a madman and when he pulled in front of me he near hit me cause there wasn't room...He got all weird when I laid on the horn...
odd thing about this guy was that he had a child in a car seat.
He kept telling me to pull over...I guess he was gonna try and beat on me with that fat fist of his...thats when I called him a fat fuck...he didnt like that:dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
08-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Id be pissed off too if I had to drive a pt cruiser around all day.

arian_ma
08-07-2007, 04:57 PM

Keep provoking him? From his line of sight it probably looked like the rear view of this little guy: :dunno: Besides, I'd say a smile or something is nowhere near the level of giving someone the finger.

I almost got run over by a truck making a turn from a backstreet onto a mainroad and I didn't even honk at the guy. I'm probably one of the most laid back drivers in the city.

I wouldn't have been mad at all if it wasn't for him acting like he was going to run me off the road.

So tell me, how did I keep provoking him? I made only one light-hearted action? I never smiled at him when he came beside my car, I was too busy trying to keep my car away from the guy.

I don't know man, I am sure I misunderstood your post but the way you wrote it seemed like you deliberately did what you did. You "blew him a kiss" and SLOWED DOWN to give him a smile. You went out of your way. You know what I mean? But to be honest, I have been in plenty of those situations and I have just decided that people are fucking morons and that they are not worth me getting worked up over.

Hakkola
08-07-2007, 04:59 PM
I slowed down from 70 to about 40 or so, it was the ramp going from crowchild to glenmore, I had to slow down anyway because of construction. We were in the middle of the turn when he directed his car towards mine.

5hift
08-07-2007, 05:16 PM
From what I've noticed , road rage or dangerous driving is more and more common as people feel they cant be touched when in their car and have this sense of toughness they normally dont have.

The other day some white guy in a 'pimped' out civic with the windows down and gangster rap blaring cut me off pretty bad. When I honked I got the good old finger. I was gonna let it go, didnt really care, but the way traffic went, I lined up beside him at the next set of lights. I rolled my window down to say something, but for some reason he turned off his rap music and rolled all his windows up. Wouldnt even look in my direction despite it being obvious I was trying to talk to him.

Its funny the toughness they try to project when they weave in and out of traffic, cutting off and fingering people , goes away when they are actually face to face.

khtm
08-07-2007, 05:19 PM

dnt get me wrong .. u handled the situation very well
..but not everyone has common sense when it comes to driving .. i wud see why ud be upset .. but i dnt see the point of going to the police and wasting ur time and dey probably wnt do anything ..
I would listen to this guy. He can formulate a legible opinion on a forum like nobody's business. :thumbsup:

adidas
08-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Next time, reach for your glove box and pull out a gun, cock it and he will know you mean business.

Jlude
08-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Next time, reach for your glove box and pull out a gun, cock it and he will know you mean business.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DuPont
08-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
From what I've noticed , road rage or dangerous driving is more and more common as people feel they cant be touched when in their car and have this sense of toughness they normally dont have. ~
~Its funny the toughness they try to project when they weave in and out of traffic, cutting off and fingering people , goes away when they are actually face to face.

HAHHA SO true!!!

BokCh0y
08-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Id be pissed off too if I had to drive a pt cruiser around all day.

:werd: Hahahaha

Here's my rant. Driving to work in the morning I have to drive through a 30 zone. 30 Zone laws are like this:

Playground Zone - 8:30am to 1 hour after sunset.

School Zone 8:00am - 5pm

Please correct me if I am wrong....I may have the 8 and 830 times mixed up hehehe.

Anyways so yeah in the morning I have to drive through a 30 Zone every morning, but this is at 7:15am so the Zones are not in effect. Not that it matters cuz I have kids so I always take it easy regardless. Not slow down to 30 at 6 or 7am but more like 40. So anyways this morning I was driving my usual route to the Office and of course through the 30 zone. Saw some old man driving a whie plymouth acclaim...what's with dodge owners? Anyways he's doing 35-40. I'm doing 40 so I pass him, and remember the zones are not in effect yet. So the focking guy sees me barely passing him, asswipe then honks the horn at me, I look over and to my surprise he's giving me the big bird and yelling at me to open my window. So i'm like whatever I don't have time for this so I keep driving. I get to the traffic light at the bottom of Edgemont Blvd and sure as fuck after the oldman rides my ass and tailgates me to the traffic lights he stops, gets out and walks over to me car and starts yelling at me. So I get out and I'm like "Morning, what's your problem buddy?" He starts telling me off about passing him and speeding through the zone....so I ask him if he's familar with Alberta traffic laws. He says of course he is and he knows I was speeding and blah blah even though I barely passed him. At this time some other dude gets out of his car and is asking waht's wrong, so I tell him. Buddy starts laughing, looks at me and then oldman and says 30 zones aren't in effect till wahtever time to whatever time pending whether it is a school zone or a playground zone hahaha. Oldman told us both to fuck off and told me to slow the fuck down and he's keeping his eyes open for me........:rolleyes:

Rant 2:

Driving home afterwork, going up Shaganappi Trail off John Laurie to Edgemont Blvd. I'm doing 85. Buddy in his BMW CAB flies up the hill at I estimate about 160. I'm like whatever. I catch up with him at the lights at the intersection between Edgemont Blvd and Shag Trail. I'm on the right side he's on the left side. Light turns green and he takes off. I follow him to the Petro Station, he takes a shortcut through the pumps and I go around the pumps. My friend just called me too so I just got on the phone and with no traffic around I'm like ok we can talk. So anyways I go around the pumps and buddy cuts through the pumps. Dude almost T-bones me....i'm like holyshit, but whatever. So I park my car get out and he parks his and gets out too. First thing he says to me is "you'll find that you can pay better attention when driving if you aren't on the phone..." And remember I just got on and this dudes flying up Shag cutting in and out of traffic.....my response to buddy was "are you fucking kidding me? I just got on the phone....like when I saw you almost T-Bone me jackass. Maybe if you didn't swerve in and out of traffic and fly up Shag at what...160? Then you can say shit to me." So we go inside and he keeps mumbling to me. I get off the phone and remind buddy the speed limit on shag is 80 and 160 is doubled the limit. Cutting in and out of traffic is poor driving as well and he shouldn't be the person to question me about the phone call i just received. He finally listens and apologizes.....says looks like we got off on the wrong foot, he'd like to apologize for his bahavior, I tell him to fuck himself. We both pay for our stuff and walk outside....his wife asked him for the car keys and she drove home hahaha :rofl:

end rant - thanks for letting me vent hehehe.

signature7
08-07-2007, 07:21 PM
^^ haha did you actually tell him to "fuck himself"?

Graham_A_M
08-07-2007, 07:30 PM
^ Yeah no kidding, if so, props to you man:thumbsup:

BokCh0y
08-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Oh dude I told him to go fuck himself alright hahaha. Like seriously...with his maniac driving who is he to lecture me? Dude was about 40ish, asian guy with a fat white lady wife. It was PRICELESS...usually i'm fairly calm with all the psychos out there and their guns...but i couldn't resist with this fucker. I was seriosuly pissed off!!!!!

TomcoPDR
08-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Ahhhhhhh, that's why I like working out of town, even though it's boring as frick.

Mike w
08-07-2007, 07:54 PM
shoulda just ripped in front of him and slammed on the brakes. be like "oo sorry i didnt wana hit that deer, didnt you see it, you must have been following to close. now u owe me $$$$ u old fucker" hehehehe

Redlyne_mr2
08-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Ahhhhhhh, that's why I like working out of town, even though it's boring as frick.
You better still be out of town...friggen guy trying to give me the run around on some dent repair. :D