PDA

View Full Version : new dealership?

bikrbabe
06-25-2003, 07:03 PM
I need everyone's feedback on what you want to see in a new bike dealership...
What kind of bikes you guys (and gals ;) ) prefer (maybe something rare/foreign like benelli, maybe some scooters? :P), accessories you people would like to see, etc.

What would be a preferable location?
Any thoughts or preferences, suggestions perhaps.
As well, what do you think makes a dealership the best, is it the service? the product? the availability of parts? Give me some input on what you think...:burnout:

BlaCkPlaGUE
06-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Me personally, I only care about two things

Parts for my bike. This falls into two catagories, stock replacement shit, and performance parts. Performance parts being the most important.
Gear. I want leathers, jackets, textiles, you name it, I love to look at this shit, try it on, and of course buy what looks good and feels good (protectivness).

If your actually thinking of starting a bike shop, or doing this for someone else, I would defenitly stock the above stuff. All the other shit, including the uncommon stock and custom performance parts you should be able to order. Even if you don't want to stock it, make it available to the customer via special order.
But again, clothing such as protective flashy gear, helmets, gloves, boots, etc you should stock. Performance exhaust shit should be stocked as well, so people can see what it looks like, in my opinion those are the things that sell the most. But thats just me

bol
06-26-2003, 12:16 AM
Bikes: Yamaha!

Gear: Alpinestars, Sidi, Shoei and Arai!

What makes a good shop: Good service, knowledgable employees and good prices. Generally you can only have two of those in reality.

dogstar
06-26-2003, 03:57 AM
bikes: kawasaki and ducatti and aprilla and MV (lol, yeah, likely)

gear: joe rocket, alpinestars, shoei, arai.

as far as making the rest of the shop, see the mechanics triangle.

"Good, Fast, Cheap.... pick two outa three, cause the triangle dont let you have all of them"

RiCE-DaDDy
06-28-2003, 10:51 PM
gear

teknic, they like non existent in calgary, hjc apparal, spyke stuff

definitely casual wear, like the icon t's are cool

bikrbabe
07-02-2003, 01:35 PM
thanx for the feedback guys, this info has been really great!

I think Calgary needs a dealership more focused on sportsbikes rather than all of the cruisers (which is great as well, we just need more stuff available for the sports riders)... It is so hard to get some parts when you really need them the most, I wanna try to make it easier for us to get back on the road and riding.

by all means, your suggestions are very important to me... your probably gonna influence what's gonna be new and fun in calgary :)