PDA

View Full Version : Mutual Fund Picks

natejj
08-08-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm going to be contributing to my RRSP starting next month, and it's going to be a mix of stocks/mutual funds. What are some of your guy's pick when it comes to mutual funds? I want to take a mix of energy/technology, try to stay away from the USA when I can, more geared towards the international stuff. I am thinking medium-medium high risk.

slick2404
08-09-2007, 12:45 AM
ethical funds! check em out, i think only first calgary offers them through the branch

max_boost
08-09-2007, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by natejj
I'm going to be contributing to my RRSP starting next month, and it's going to be a mix of stocks/mutual funds. What are some of your guy's pick when it comes to mutual funds? I want to take a mix of energy/technology, try to stay away from the USA when I can, more geared towards the international stuff. I am thinking medium-medium high risk.

My three major mutual fund holdings

Trimark Select Growth
Trimark Income Growth
RBC Canadian Dividend

RBC has averaged over 14% since 1993
Trimark has averaged 10% since 1988

Solid funds. Most moderate risk funds will average itself out over time, it's just boring because unless you have a big balance, it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere.

I would buy some precious metals and uraniums, greater risk, greater reward.

djayz
08-09-2007, 03:26 AM
Only two funds I hold now are precious metals. First is sentry select the other is cibc. Both have been doing exceptionally well and regardless of all these bad days on the markets and what no I plan to hold these for a long time.

I do plan to add more mutual funds to my portfolio and they will be cundill funds if I can get into any of them at that time.

If your buying for RRSP, income and dividend funds are great.

kaput
08-09-2007, 09:22 AM