PDA

View Full Version : Reccomend an AWESOME DENTIST

adamc
08-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Well I chipped a tooth on Vacation, and as a result found out I have a bunch more work to do - but also that I have a really excellent dental insurance plan.

I haven't been to the dentist since I moved to Calgary, and as a result, have no idea where to start looking.

Recommend a really good high end dentist, preferably with the newest technology (Why suffer through fillings when the company will pay for the high end sedation techniques?!)

Near or in downtown is preferable, but not 100% necessary.

THANKS! :barf:

Proyecto2000
08-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Dr.Williams @ TD Dental (TD Sq) is awsome :thumbsup:

bspot
08-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Dr. Kovacik on Northmount drive is so good he can give you a needle for freezing and you won't even know he did it until your mouth is numb. No exageration.

Amysicle
08-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Dr. Dubienski is pretty awesome. I don't know about the newest/sedation dentistry stuff, but he's really gentle and compassionate. Dr. Cook also really knows his stuff.

Westbrook Dental (inside the mall)
249-5536

sexualbanana
08-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle
Dr. Dubienski is pretty awesome. I don't know about the newest/sedation dentistry stuff, but he's really gentle and compassionate. Dr. Cook also really knows his stuff.

Westbrook Dental (inside the mall)
249-5536

Dr Tang is also at that clinic. Don't know about the technology stuff but he's alright. He's also my bro and a beyond member.

Team_Mclaren
08-08-2007, 12:41 PM
pm VWEvo. He's a dentist here on board. Very knowledgeable

Gondi Stylez
08-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Concept Dentistry

~Leah~
08-09-2007, 06:48 PM
I just started going to Arbour Lake.... they do sedation dentistry there and seem great so far.

rage2
08-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
I just started going to Arbour Lake.... they do sedation dentistry there and seem great so far.
+1. Nothing like not remembering the sounds, smells, pain! lol

I got 7 root canals, 2 crowns and a bridge in 1 shot. Don't remember a single thing lol!

Best part is, no needles. Take a few pills, next thing u remember is you're at home waking up with everything fixed! :thumbsup:

And ya, sedation is covered by dental insurance too haha.

TomcoPDR
08-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

Originally posted by rage2

I got 7 root canals, 2 crowns and a bridge in 1 shot. Don't remember a single thing lol!

Best part is, no needles. Take a few pills, next thing u remember is you're at home waking up with everything fixed! :thumbsup:

And ya, sedation is covered by dental insurance too haha.

But wasn't there headlines where people were walking out with their pants down and their breasts fondled? (NOT any dentist in particular, but just about the whole concept of being drugged out and not know what the hell is happen to you)

ca18det240sx
08-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Nows the time to go, all of them are too scared to molest anybody becase of those headlines

:thumbsup:

89coupe
08-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Dr. Kim Orth

Eatons Center Downtown 4th Floor.

http://www.coredental.ca/

I've been going to him for about 10 years now.

jersturbo
08-09-2007, 09:06 PM
that's exactly who i go to also...Dr Orth, he is very good dentist, excellent people there...A+ service

Originally posted by 89coupe
Dr. Kim Orth

Eatons Center Downtown 4th Floor.

http://www.coredental.ca/

I've been going to him for about 10 years now.

Masked Bandit
08-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Dr. Jason Nadeau, Fish Creek Dental.

He was one of the first guys in Calgary to get the Laser fillings. I used to need the sedations stuff. With the laser, I DON'T EVEN GET FREEZING ANYMORE! The last filling I had was 10 minutes from the time my ass hit the chair to the time I stood up. He's always on the front edge of new technology.

dezinr
08-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Dr. Len V. Klug
calgarysmiledesign.com
Located in Bow Valley Square 1

I've been going to him since 2001. Great dentist and great staff.

5hift
08-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

But wasn't there headlines where people were walking out with their pants down and their breasts fondled? (NOT any dentist in particular, but just about the whole concept of being drugged out and not know what the hell is happen to you)

I remember reading about this as well. Some dentist who was molesting patients while they were passed out.

Reminds me of that episode in Seinfeld when Jerry unknowingly was a particpant in a three-some with his dentist and the hygenist when he went in for some dental work.

5hift
08-13-2007, 02:29 PM

7 root canals? Lol you must have eaten sugar by the bags as a child.

Weapon_R
08-13-2007, 02:31 PM
For those who have done sedation dentistry, do you need someone to go with you and drive you home? How do you get from the office to the car and from the car to your bed?

rage2
08-13-2007, 02:54 PM
You need someone to drive you home. You're alert, but too groggy to drive.

I suggest whoever you're getting to drive you to bring a video camera and video conversations with you, having you wheelchaired out and brought into the car. Even tho you're completely alert but a bit groggy, you will have zero recollection of the next 6-8 hrs after getting picked up to go home. Have the person ask u all sorts of random questions about the visit, you will respond and answer everything like you remember (at that time you pretty much remember everything that's done to you). Then when you get home, you go to sleep, wake up all refreshed.

That's when you watch the video and it's so bizarre, like a missing day of your life that you don't know about :rofl:. Probably the best part of sedation dentistry haha.

I video'd my gf trying to drink water and failed... she was like WTF??? That happened? Checked her shirt and sure enough, water stains hahaha.

Super_Geo
08-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

... as a guy, would I need to pay more for that?

rage2
08-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
... as a guy, would I need to pay more for that?
lol at Arbour Lake Dental, there's some hot dental assistants there, so hopefully IF I was fondled, it was by them! :thumbsup:

But seriously, the guy that was doing the fondling worked out of Heritage Drive or something. He wasn't the pill sedation, but the needle + drip one.

black_2.5RS
08-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Go to Dr. Grace Wong (Symon's Valley Dental) up by Hidden Valley / Hanson Ranch (NW).

2.4l
08-15-2007, 12:12 AM
Joel and Madelyn Abougoush:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
excellent young dentists, LCD tvs to watch in every patient chair while you get worked on!!!! located in north hill mall:thumbsup:

chris
08-15-2007, 10:38 AM

lol at Arbour Lake Dental, there's some hot dental assistants there, so hopefully IF I was fondled, it was by them! :thumbsup:

But seriously, the guy that was doing the fondling worked out of Heritage Drive or something. He wasn't the pill sedation, but the needle + drip one.

my gf works there, she says it's pretty much impossible to get fondled there, plus it's run/owned by mormons.

Swank
08-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by bspot
Dr. Kovacik on Northmount drive is so good he can give you a needle for freezing and you won't even know he did it until your mouth is numb. No exageration.

Yep, he's amazing for sure, my whole family goes there. I've been going since I was 12 or so, still not a single cavity in my mouth*

http://www.kovacikdental.com/

* results may vary.

flipstah
07-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone an awesome one in the NE?

I've had enough of my usual dentist in Southview Dental (if you're Filipino, you know the one I'm talking about); they're always overbooked so it takes MONTHS to get a routine cleaning done and they are usually behind schedule.

Today was the last straw. I made the booking months back for July 7th at 8AM. I get a call Monday to confirm today's booking. I go today to find out they scheduled me YESTERDAY, even though they said on my VM that it was "Wednesday, July 7th."

- I would never book Tuesday because my day-off is ALWAYS Wednesday
- The fact that they said Wednesday on my VM pissed me off even more :banghead:

/rant