PDA

View Full Version : accord clutch cable broken?

Carl2tan
08-08-2007, 01:54 PM
My 91 accord's clutch pedal feels really weak, and wont disengage. i can still start the car in neutral. But the clutch is allways fully engaged. i'm not sure if the clutch is hydrolic or cable though. Can i fix this myself, or should i bring it in somewhere?

ZyaL8R
08-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Dealership for you.

Hemi RT
08-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Carl2tan
My 91 accord's clutch pedal feels really weak, and wont disengage. i can still start the car in neutral. But the clutch is allways fully engaged. i'm not sure if the clutch is hydrolic or cable though. Can i fix this myself, or should i bring it in somewhere?

Your clutch is operated with a cable, they don't have many problems with them. How far can you push the pedal down, use your hand, before you feel resistance?? You should be able to push it down about an 1" to 1 1/2".

frozenrice
08-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Cutch cable is probably just worn/stretched. If that's all that it is, it's not really that hard to change out. A new cable is roughly $50 +/- from the dealership.

Carl2tan
08-13-2007, 03:21 PM
yeah, theres no resistance at all. cable is most likely snapped. thanks guys.

Kona9
08-13-2007, 03:25 PM
I am not sure if they used both models of clutches for those cars. My 91 exr coupe had a hydraulic clutch. I switched the slave cylinder and it was fixed in under an hour when the same thing occured to my accord.

It sucked as I had to start the car while in first and power shift to second. Drove in second all the way to my buddys shop (lived in Kelowna at the time). It was tough but fun at the same time.

craigcd
08-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Carl2tan
yeah, theres no resistance at all. cable is most likely snapped. thanks guys.

I broke the metal fork that engages the clutch inside the tranny on the same car. What a hassle, dropping the tranny in minus 35, then going to Pick Your Part dropping another tranny, and getting the needed part.

Just a idea if it isnt the cable.