PDA

View Full Version : Personal Trainers & Dietitians

Toms-SC
08-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Yea, I searched,

Any recommendations for personal trainers/dietitians? I'm looking for somebody who is certified and has experience. I am setting aim at losing weight, toning, and adjusting my eating habits. It would be perfect if this could work with me attending SAIT full time.

Thanks

YCB
08-08-2007, 03:49 PM
You don't think you can do this yourself? It will save you lots of money, but not time.

What have you tried before?

Toms-SC
08-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Being a nerd I lack willpower to continue on a routine. As awful as the following will sound I've never had proper coaching so my work out routine was 'monkey see monkey do'. I was able to continue on my shitty plan for 3 months. My diet plan was South Beach but I could not stick to it as I found most the meals exotic or difficult to make.

Money is not an issue when dealing with my health IMHO.

BrknFngrs
08-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Financial cost aside, you should look into having someone prepare your meals for you. I don't know the specifics but the old owner of "options" on 16th ave did that and it really helped him get in shape, then he could always eat right regardless of how much time he has after work.

TVG
08-09-2007, 10:48 AM
James FitzGerald @ www.optimumtraining.ca

Darkane
08-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Being a nerd I lack willpower to continue on a routine. As awful as the following will sound I've never had proper coaching so my work out routine was 'monkey see monkey do'. I was able to continue on my shitty plan for 3 months. My diet plan was South Beach but I could not stick to it as I found most the meals exotic or difficult to make.

Money is not an issue when dealing with my health IMHO.

I personally don't think you need a trainer more than you need guidance.

www.t-nation.com

www.ironaddicts.com

Both are AMAZING sites. They have tons and tons of begineer info articles on eatings and lifting. The thing is at first you start with a basic strength routine to get yourself strong. Then you branch off for massing, cutting whatever.. Mind you it's totally possible to drop fat and get stronger at the same time. Read read read. Don't be lazy. Remember, A trainer can always make you do a couple of negatives at the end of your workout to make your feel really sore. That doesn't really do anything except make you think you're improving. (Negatives may help in some routines but I wont get into that now)

Read. :whipped:

Toms-SC
08-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Sweet, I got some reading to do. Thanks.

Please keep the advice coming.

FatalError
08-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Being a nerd I lack willpower to continue on a routine.

At least you know why you're destined to fail no matter what trainer, diet, or program you implement. A trainer or dietician is not what you require.

~Leah~
08-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Do you have a membership to a gym?

I could recommend a couple AWESOME people I used to work with at Gold's who know their shit very well, and I've personally seen their client's transformations. PM me for more info if you want.

hukgwai
09-04-2007, 10:00 PM
I would recommend Raejha (pronounced Raya) at www.atyourpeak.ca - She's had over 75 people place top 5 or better in Provincial/National level shows in Canada and the US in the past 2 years alone... and 6 of her athletes have attained Pro status. Her main focus is on healthy living as I did her 12 week and got great results. Just mention that her husband referred you and she'll give you special pricing. BTW - she trains alot of the "personal trainers".

FatalError
09-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Unfortunately, Pro status and healthy living are mutually exclusive.

Lagerstatten.ca
09-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Heaven's Fitness has some pretty good trainers from what I can see. Check them out on 10th Ave and 6th Street SW.

-TT

RT16V
09-06-2007, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by TVG
James FitzGerald @ www.optimumtraining.ca

:thumbsup: This guy & his team rock! :thumbsup:

natejj
09-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Uninstall World of Warcraft?

Toms-SC
09-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by natejj
Uninstall World of Warcraft?

:rolleyes:

Thanks all for the information. I have tons of stuff pouring in through PM's.

Lex350
09-06-2007, 08:45 AM
has anybody looked into Fit-start before?