PDA

View Full Version : quick bites in DT or around DT

l/l/rX
08-09-2007, 10:41 AM
hey just wondering of any places to eat downtown where you can sit and food comes out fast.

im looking for places kind of like pho, but white. anything from greek, italian, etc etc.

for places like these im looking at prices from $7-$10.

SilverGS
08-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Pho Pasteur in Chinatown across from the Hayes building is usually quite quick and has good prices. A bit dirty for some people but I like their soup base

l/l/rX
08-09-2007, 10:51 AM
lol sorry...i want white places...im just comparing it to pho places though.

places where you sit down, you get food served to you, but it doesnt take very long for it to come out...LIKE pho.

MilanoRedTeg
08-09-2007, 10:59 AM
what part of DT are you in, I always go to this place in Bankers Hall called Place Tevere and they've got wicked pizza (by the slice) and subs. I think the sell pasta and stuff like that too but i've never tried it I get the pizza everytime. They have Montreal style food. on the 3rd floor btw

Super_Geo
08-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Tastebuds on the corner of 5th Ave and 8th St, great food! Definately check it out... they have a daily special that you can get a half order of for $4.50 w/ salad, and is usually enough to fill you.

Flavor Me Pizza (beside Tastebuds) - killer calzones and very good pizza by the slice.

Urban Rice (beside Tastebuds) - pretty decent Chinese food.

The Pita Basket, 6th Street and 5th Ave - your typical donair joint, but this one has a patio.

Nelson's on 8th Ave and 10th St SW... They have a $6.99 steak sandwich on Wednesdays which comes with fries/salad/soup and is killer for the price.

The FM Resteraunt ;)

ThiThi

SilverGS
08-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
lol sorry...i want white places...im just comparing it to pho places though.

places where you sit down, you get food served to you, but it doesnt take very long for it to come out...LIKE pho.

heh heh I missed the 'but' part in your original.

Lots of places but the quick part is tough. Most sit down white type places in DT around lunch time are busy and slow.

Sunterra Market has quite a few things and has a sit down area. More like a food court then a sit down order place.

Bear and Kilt on Stephen ave is good but is slow during lunch time

Mckenzie
08-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Marcellos in Calgary tower.

Coffee junkies near Le Caille

asp integra
08-19-2007, 04:00 PM
the holy grill, on 10th ave and 8st, right across from mountain equiptment co op, great paninis, salads, burgers, and when your there try the sweet potato fries instead of regular fries, they are amazing!

gatorade
08-20-2007, 01:55 AM
thi thi subs

sofita
08-20-2007, 09:59 AM
nice