PDA

View Full Version : New BMW 7 series

rage2
07-26-2002, 09:01 PM
Saw it in real life for the first time today. I hated it in the magazine pictures. The writers say it looks better in person. It doesn't. There's something majorly wrong with the back of the car. How can BMW release this car? The front looks great, the fenders look like a wide body kit. But I can't stand the back of the damn thing...

LowRiderHD2000
07-26-2002, 09:04 PM
But I can't stand the back of the damn thing...

I agree, not a fan of the design of the back. Rest of the car looks alright.

Hakkola
07-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I saw it at chinook about a week or so ago, it's nasty. It's like it's giving birth to a dodge ram out of it's ass.

boi-alien
07-26-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Saw it in real life for the first time today. I hated it in the magazine pictures. The writers say it looks better in person. It doesn't. There's something majorly wrong with the back of the car. How can BMW release this car? The front looks great, the fenders look like a wide body kit. But I can't stand the back of the damn thing...

i agree with u rage, that thing is frickin ugly from behind

Evan
07-26-2002, 09:54 PM
Dont know what they look like :)

In other news, I saw an SL500 the other day. Mmmm! :D

CRXguy
07-26-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Evan
In other news, I saw an SL500 the other day. Mmmm! :D

I can top that.

Saw an AMG S55 on Sarcee, then today I saw an AMG C32. All I can say is DAMN!:eek: :D

RiceCake
07-26-2002, 10:47 PM
So many AMGs in Vancouver.... its like you name the model and its pretty much down there....

mm... SL500's are so :bigpimp: :nut:

Stratus_Power
07-26-2002, 11:01 PM
im in HK rit enow ;P i saw nothing but benz/BMW/Lexus so far... already saw like 5 of those new BMW 7-seris.. :drool: :drool: so tempted to try driving on the left side of the road.. :thumbsup:

gpomp
07-27-2002, 01:13 AM
Saw one next to my brother's acupuncturist's office. I think it looks alright except for the rear...:confused: But 245's in the front and 275's in the back on 19's...:drool:

bol
07-27-2002, 02:11 AM
I think the rear looks pretty good really... maybe I'm the only one that likes it.

It doesn't really 'fit' the personality of the car (luxoboat) but it looks good nonetheless
personally the front kinda pisses me off!

max_boost
07-27-2002, 04:26 AM
You guys all suck!

I think the BMW 7 series is one of the nicest cars on the road! To each his own:thumbsup:

James
07-27-2002, 05:44 AM
That is one AMAZING car:love: , At the new car show this year I just sat in it and played around with shit for like 20 minutes, SOOOOO many crazy gadgets!:eek: it has a fricken fridge! :bigpimp:

Hakkola
07-27-2002, 12:09 PM
Lot's of car's have fridges, even the a version of the volvo s80 had a fridge in it last year, I think it was called the executive model or something, dvd player and t.v, we were gonna get one but the interior doesn't have many choices for colours among other things.

James
07-27-2002, 04:30 PM
Oh, i know other cars have come with fridges before(like vans in the 80's etc...), i just love that car! its rediculous how pimped it is!:bigpimp:

rage2
07-27-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by James
That is one AMAZING car:love: , At the new car show this year I just sat in it and played around with shit for like 20 minutes, SOOOOO many crazy gadgets!:eek: it has a fricken fridge! :bigpimp:

I haven't played with the gadgets, I heard it was cool (if you're geeky like me). But that behind really bothers me...

turboMiata
07-27-2002, 10:31 PM
I've seen quite a few actually. JR Shaw, the owner of Shaw Cable owns a black one. I've seen a silver one as well.

In fact, I really like the look of the entire car including the tail end. Six speed sequential automatic tranny. Man, if I was 50 years old and had gobs of cash, this car would be a good choice although the SL55 would be another strong candidate.

RCBVtec
07-28-2002, 10:16 AM
I dunno with others cars in the BMW lineup, such as the M3, M5, Z8, I think the 7 series lacks what the others have. I know this car is suppose to appeal to a different market, and it was made for luxury not sportyness but I think the lines are sooo frickin boring. However the interior is amazing, so many cool gadgets to play with.

IMO overall 7 series = :thumbsdow

E36M3
07-28-2002, 05:20 PM
I've seen a ton of the new 7 Series, and I have to say that my initial opinion was the same as Rage's. The other day, though, I had one pull by me in traffic (silver) and it just looked beautiful. I think I have mixed feelings about the car, but I have a feeling that it will grow on me.

As for the comment on it not being built for sportiness.. that is simply not true. It has extremely aggressive tires/wheels, excellent suspension, incredible steering and a remarkable engine/transmission. For a car that weighs as much as it does, and is as large as it does, it virtually performs like a sportscar.

What you have to remember is that the car is built to compete with the S-Class (and to a lesser extent the A8/S8). When compared to the S-Class, the 7 Series are far more sporty, and have greatly superior performance. What remains to be seen is when an M7 or performance version will emerge to combat the S55 (to be fair to the 745i, it is not far off of the S55s performance already). I think Mercedes made a great move by extending their AMG models throughout their entire line.

For a king of industry with megabucks, it is a megacruiser. The new iDrive mechanism is actually really cool, and the cars toys are second to none (at least at the moment). Can't wait to see the new S-Class in 3-4 years.

rage2
07-29-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by E36M3
What remains to be seen is when an M7 or performance version will emerge to combat the S55 (to be fair to the 745i, it is not far off of the S55s performance already). I think Mercedes made a great move by extending their AMG models throughout their entire line.

For some odd reason, BMW never makes M versions of the 7 series. M cars always has manual or SMG trannies, and 7 series never got one. The current BMW 7's will outperform the current S55 AMG's, but in September (2003 model year), the S, CL, SL, and E AMG cars are all getting the 479/500hp V8 compressor engine. Let's hope BMW steps up to the plate and drive the HP numbers up in this HP war =).

E36M3
07-29-2002, 01:24 AM

For some odd reason, BMW never makes M versions of the 7 series. M cars always has manual or SMG trannies, and 7 series never got one. The current BMW 7's will outperform the current S55 AMG's, but in September (2003 model year), the S, CL, SL, and E AMG cars are all getting the 479/500hp V8 compressor engine. Let's hope BMW steps up to the plate and drive the HP numbers up in this HP war =).

True. I'd be amazed if BMW didn't release a performance version of the 7. Seems they stopped the M series at the M6, but I can't imagine they won't take a shot at the new S55.

An interesting development at BMW is releasing very sporty versions of certain cars in non-M form, with setups that scream M. For example, The X5 4.6 and the Z8. Maybe they will make a special 7 with the *rumored* V10 from the M5. That would be truly special.

Redlyne_mr2
07-29-2002, 10:12 AM
sat shotgun in one last spring..incredible car so smooth and powerful..every possibel option you could ever think of and even some I would have never thought of:thumbsup:

nismodrifter
07-30-2002, 01:57 AM
saw one yesterday in Vancouver at the BMW canada buildingz, thats the first time I have seen one on the road.

sat in one at the auto show, that had a fridge in it and shit. Too much stuff on that car

Big_Six_Boy
07-30-2002, 10:53 PM
Personally I really like the look of the New 7. Actually I did read alot of articles on it, and people were slamming it... seems like NO ONE liked the rear. So then I see it for the first time at the Autoshow, and the rear looks fine! The brake lights are nicely put together, and the overall shape is very bling-bling.

You wanna know what's UGLY?? .. the enture line of future BMWs!!! I REALLY HATE the look of the new Z4! As it turns out, they hired the same dude that designed the old M3 Roadster to design the rest of the future line for BMW. What a mistake! I thought the old M3 Roadster was the ugliest thing BMW ever built! Ack!! :barf: :guns:

James
07-31-2002, 05:02 AM

479/500 hp!! that is just sick!:eek: :nut:

shay
08-14-2002, 10:29 PM
no sick is my 180 hp gti baby
now thats sick:bigpimp:

D'z Nutz
08-14-2002, 10:35 PM
I finally got to see one of these cars on the road yesterday. Woof! :barf:

DSM Power
08-15-2002, 11:18 AM
Yeah I spotted one of these the other day... it's not as bad as you guys make it out to be. It's WAY better than the old one! After thinking about it for awhile though, it looks too much like an Audi A8 series! :p